The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Unliftable (52 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2018, Xiqual wrote:
Do a search on AliExpress.com you can find it there. Shipping should be a lot cheaper.

James

I have searched any chance you could provide the actual link to the product. One has to be very careful about the EXACT MATERIAL there are so many versions of clear sheets, vinyls ,laminates polystyrene,Lexan that all look some what the same but do not all work for this principle. If there is an actual link to the product on Ali Express that MATCHED the one that the creator gives you when you buy the trick please provide it. I had no luck in finding it???
Thanks
Zap
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Zap
Go to the vendor site provided in the pdf, Under shipping methods choose the option where they will compute the shipping and send you an invoice first. Total cost with shipping for me was $16. That is for a LOT of material-enough for dozens of applications(card deck, etc)
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2018, Scott Imler wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2018, Xiqual wrote:
Do a search on AliExpress.com you can find it there. Shipping should be a lot cheaper.

James

I have searched any chance you could provide the actual link to the product. One has to be very careful about the EXACT MATERIAL there are so many versions of clear sheets, vinyls ,laminates polystyrene,Lexan that all look some what the same but do not all work for this principle. If there is an actual link to the product on Ali Express that MATCHED the one that the creator gives you when you buy the trick please provide it. I had no luck in finding it???
Thanks

Scott,
I just searched for the words used in the pdf to describe the product. I am not sure if it's the same. It does say it is but who knows. I don't really want to post a link because of exposure. I only know as much as you, so I'm sure you will be able to work it out. Just look at thickness, and the same name as the product in the pdf. James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
I mean, at this point, there's already been some exposure from the link above, so another one for an equivalent product doesn't seem like it reveals much more.

I also don't personally think that showing linking to it gives away particularly much about the method - it's all about how you use it. It's kind of like knowing a new kind of flap card has some thread, yet without knowing where or how to connect it, you can't recreate the gimmick.
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
I bought the DL and though I have yet to incorporate it into my deck, I think it looks very good and workable. I am looking to pick up the materials next. Worth the price IMO. Good Job, Guys.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
dennye
View Profile
New user
Toledo Ohio
41 Posts

Profile of dennye
Yes. I bought the download because it didn't cost that much and I ended up spending $30 anyway. lol..... Has anyone had a chance to build this thing yet and try it out?
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I'm not much of a do it your selfer but if anyone has made one up and wants to sell it, let me know
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2545 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Hi all,

I bought the requisite material on Amazon (the thinner of the two sizes mentioned). There were a bunch but now Amazon says only 2 left, so it seems like some of you may have figured it out.

For those that haven't: there is an alternate name given in the pdf (page 5). Just search the size and the name (I used "Size-Clear-Name from page 5") and you should be gold.

Two quick notes:
1. I received my material on Saturday and it's working well. I can confirm this from first hand experience. The card case is awesome, my phone is iffy (due to the type of case I use).
2. I have NOT tested with the material with the expensive shipping so it's possible my material is not as good. However it works just like in the videos so I have no problem whatsoever.

Best of luck,
Lem

PS- If you own this, I pasted the actual link to the product I purchased on Amazon on the Penguin forum.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2545 Posts

Profile of Chris K
As I have been informed, posting a link to materials is not exposure. As such, here is the exact material that I ordered. It’s working well for me.

Clear PVC, .010 x 7.6" x 11" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000Y1F2KS/ref......b2RA9543
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1753 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I ordered the material from the link in the download. It works very well! However, you need to “adjust” it before you perform it. Go to the tips section and do what he suggests to do when the product “wears out.” When I made up the gimmick and tried it, it didn’t work at all. After the adjustment, it works beautifully!

I’m very excited about playing with this and performing it for people.

Also, this worked on MANY surfaces throughout my house. So that isn’t too big of an issue.

Madison
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2018, MadisonH wrote:
I ordered the material from the link in the download. It works very well! However, you need to “adjust” it before you perform it. Go to the tips section and do what he suggests to do when the product “wears out.” When I made up the gimmick and tried it, it didn’t work at all. After the adjustment, it works beautifully!

I’m very excited about playing with this and performing it for people.

Also, this worked on MANY surfaces throughout my house. So that isn’t too big of an issue.

Madison

Yes I have been making that adjustment (under cover) prior to performing just to make sure its fool proof.
dennye
View Profile
New user
Toledo Ohio
41 Posts

Profile of dennye
Thanks for the information Madison! I just ordered mine through USP and it cost me $32...OUCH!
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1753 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Mine cost $16 total from USP. You should select “actual shipping”

Madison
iñaki z
View Profile
New user
Madrid,Spain
18 Posts

Profile of iñaki z
Hi Everyone. In the private Penguin forum of the effect there is a new entry with valuable information to find the materials to those who are having difficulties to find them. Personally, I would like to thank everyone are supporting the effect.
Best regards. Iñaki,unliftable's creator.
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2018, iñaki z wrote:
Hi Everyone. In the private Penguin forum of the effect there is a new entry with valuable information to find the materials to those who are having difficulties to find them. Personally, I would like to thank everyone are supporting the effect.
Best regards. Iñaki,unliftable's creator.

I have read that forum and it gives a few more places to buy. My suggestion Inaki is to include these additions in your pdfs. Great effect now that I found the material needed!
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2018, MadisonH wrote:
Mine cost $16 total from USP. You should select “actual shipping”

Madison

I just ordered and it cost me $12. Just order to send USPS
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
GusGarcia
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of GusGarcia
Following... want to see what a few more people say.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1486 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Can’t this be put out as a complete trick with the best gimmick the inventor suggests?
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2615 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
It could, but it's a tricky balancing act. Downloads are more or less instantly accessible, and satisfy those who are just wanting the method, which is a lot of people. Including the gimmick makes it easier to do the trick sooner, but it means those who balk at the increased price won't buy it. It also means having to keep inventory on hand. The truth of the magic industry is that the bulk of the market is casual performers and secret collectors. Nothing wrong with that in my mind, but it does have to be considered.

TL;DR version - They could, but they wouldn't sell as much and it would cost more to handle the business side of it.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
depeka
View Profile
New user
Germany, Bielefeld
51 Posts

Profile of depeka
Watched the video: Great idea. In germany (i think europe shouldn´t be a problem then) I had no problem to order the material, cheap and fast. I hadn´t the time to build and test it, but may be this weekend.