The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Unliftable (52 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3082 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I bought at Blackpool it’s a premade gimmick. Don’t ask what I think of it, was an impulse purchase and I have barely played with it.
Marshall the Magi
View Profile
New user
Oxnard, CA
17 Posts

Profile of Marshall the Magi
I had not heard of this effect prior to receiving an email from Penguin today. I really like the 'Light-Heavy" plot, so this was intriguing. I found this thread dating back to 2018, so it appears this is a re-release with the card case already built (no DIY). But I realized this is exactly like Tenyo's Ultra Gravity Box (released in 2019 and actually based on this trick by Inaki).
- Larry
MagoMerlino
View Profile
New user
Rome
9 Posts

Profile of MagoMerlino
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2024, Marshall the Magi wrote:
I had not heard of this effect prior to receiving an email from Penguin today. I really like the 'Light-Heavy" plot, so this was intriguing. I found this thread dating back to 2018, so it appears this is a re-release with the card case already built (no DIY). But I realized this is exactly like Tenyo's Ultra Gravity Box (released in 2019 and actually based on this trick by Inaki).

Same here... It would be nice to understand the benefits from getting this "new" version, that includes the premade gimmick, compared to inaki original one (that I purchased for I guess 10 euros or so....).
If anyone can provide some detail I would appreciate!
Rory111
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Rory111
I would also like to hear more from recent purchase reviewer...
R3000
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of R3000
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2024, Magic KL wrote:
Is this the same as https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/19764 ?

Yes it is!
Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
I purchased the Tenyo anti-gravity box a few years ago - it was fun to play around with but then all of a sudden it quit working consistently. I didn't continue to work with it because the props were odd (a clear plastic container about the size of a deck of cards. I clearly stopped thinking too soon, as it didn't occur to me to try and apply the gimmick to something more organic like a deck of cards. Anyway, for this version, is the card box itself the gimmick, or is the gimmick applied to the card box similar to the anti-gravity box? Does it work consistently over time?
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2448 Posts

Profile of benbv
Interesting, I thought I heard Joao Miranda was about to release a light and heavy box as well…
R3000
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of R3000
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2024, Merenkov wrote:
I purchased the Tenyo anti-gravity box a few years ago - it was fun to play around with but then all of a sudden it quit working consistently. I didn't continue to work with it because the props were odd (a clear plastic container about the size of a deck of cards. I clearly stopped thinking too soon, as it didn't occur to me to try and apply the gimmick to something more organic like a deck of cards. Anyway, for this version, is the card box itself the gimmick, or is the gimmick applied to the card box similar to the anti-gravity box? Does it work consistently over time?

The gimmick is applied to the card box and very visible. The cards can be examined by the spectator but the box can´t.
I don´t know how it will work over time yet.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3366 Posts

Profile of tophatter
The gimmick is very visible? Or did you mean invisible?
R3000
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of R3000
Quote:
On May 2, 2024, tophatter wrote:
The gimmick is very visible? Or did you mean invisible?

Visible.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3366 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Oh Visible! Geez Not Good Thanks for saving me another trick that goes In the draw !!
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1602 Posts

Profile of Jared
I took a chance on this one mainly to have fun with in casual everyday situations after reading a positive review. Anyway, I first tried it on granite, and it was underwhelming to say the least because it barely stuck. I had buyer's remorse immediately. BUT then just for kicks, I tried it on a wooden bureau in my bedroom and OMG it was insane!! I could not lift the deck unless I applied serious strength. So, it seems that you need to discreetly pretest it on the surface you will be using it on to ensure success. If it doesn't work, simply move onto a regular card trick. This is a prop that you'll need to sort of pick your spots.

The gimmick is visible on the bottom of the deck, but I really don't think that most spectators will notice anything suspicious. Most people don't scrutinize card cases like magicians. Unliftable could be used as a serious demonstration of hypnosis, or more of a lighthearted gag as I will be doing. Personally, I think you need to ask yourself HOW you will be using this prop before you decide if it's right for you.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3082 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Agree in spirit with Jared. This could be a fun interlude or “throw away effect” because it is uncertain which surface it works on and because it can’t be closely inspect I don thin it is great for a serious light heavy/hypnosis type effect YMMV
iñaki z
View Profile
New user
Madrid,Spain
18 Posts

Profile of iñaki z
Hi everyone, here Inaki, Unliftable's creator. First of all, thanks for your support. I would like to say that I have been presenting Unliftable for 7 years. I have done thousands of tests to achieve this creation. I have surprised hundreds of Magicians with UNLIFTABLE.In the tutorial there are very valuable tips and ideas for the proper functioning of the trick. For example, the cards must be inside the box, it is very important. Don't present it as a challenge vs spectator is another one. There are many more tips. Don't give up and you will have very good experiences with Unliftable. Manu thanks and sorry for my poor English. Greetings, Inaki
iñaki z
View Profile
New user
Madrid,Spain
18 Posts

Profile of iñaki z
I forgot it... If anyone needs help with anything in particular, you can write me a private message.
JETlivesOn
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of JETlivesOn
I really, really love the trick, but I wish that all sides of the box looked like the bottom part of the box. I do not regret my purchase and would never tell anyone not to buy this because it is a beautiful effect, but I think having all the sides of the box be consistent would have been the best idea
iñaki z
View Profile
New user
Madrid,Spain
18 Posts

Profile of iñaki z
Quote:
On May 7, 2024, JETlivesOn wrote:
I really, really love the trick, but I wish that all sides of the box looked like the bottom part of the box. I do not regret my purchase and would never tell anyone not to buy this because it is a beautiful effect, but I think having all the sides of the box be consistent would have been the best idea

Many thanks for your kind opinion, dear colleague. I manufacture each unit and I want to understand you in order to improve... What do you mean by all sides being consistent? If you mean durability I have to say that you can to remove the gimmick and reposition in another deck. Sorry for my poor English. Greetings!!
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2448 Posts

Profile of benbv
I’ll let him confirm but I guess he means that what you have on the bottom of the box should also have been placed on all other sides. Otherwise there is no reason for the bottom part to be different… and it makes it more suspicious… also that way you could also toss the box on the table and could perform the effect regardless of what side it lands.
iñaki z
View Profile
New user
Madrid,Spain
18 Posts

Profile of iñaki z
Quote:
On May 7, 2024, benbv wrote:
I’ll let him confirm but I guess he means that what you have on the bottom of the box should also have been placed on all other sides. Otherwise there is no reason for the bottom part to be different… and it makes it more suspicious… also that way you could also toss the box on the table and could perform the effect regardless of what side it lands.

Thanks for clarifying, my friend. The decks have two different sides. Don't get me wrong please, In my opinion it makes no sense to make the two sides the same, the owners of unliftable will know why. Besides, I've been doing this for 7 years, no one will be suspicious if you let them hold the deck before doing the trick. There will be no need to inspect afterwards. Maybe I'm wrong
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2448 Posts

Profile of benbv
Just to be clear I was just trying to explain what he meant so maybe I’m wrong… also I think he meant ALL sides, not just the two big ones (I assume what he means is that way the box would look and feel the same on all sides instead of having one side that is slightly different). But again better for him to confirm Smile