The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: SansMinds Magic :: Silent Assistant by Sansminds Creative lab (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
danieltirado
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of danieltirado
This year I am buying all my tricks, and practicing hard, this is a nice little one!
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
One of the few things I actually like from Sansminds. Silent it is not, however. But unlike 90% of their stuff it works in the real world and you don't have to assemble it!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
nnight
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of nnight
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, tophatter wrote:
Remember Enigma from Nickolas knight I have to go look for it kinda the same finger gimmick .

Yep. I brought up the fact that I invented this about 25 years ago but these guys didn’t seem to care about honor and integrity.
And yes, I gave credit to Sanada for inspiration and had his blessings.
Too bad.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Yep.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2448 Posts

Profile of benbv
Hi everyone - I'm thinking getting that but was just wondering one thing: once you've done the vanish do Sandsminds cover how you end up clean?

With the Raven for example you can show both of your hands front and back after the vanish - once you vanish a coin here the heat will be on your hand where the SA is and people will most likely want to see it, so what happens then (I've seen people comment that it's better than the Raven and that you can do so many more things with it so trying to understand).

Thank you!
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2020, goldeneye007 wrote:
Hi everyone - I'm thinking getting that but was just wondering one thing: once you've done the vanish do Sandsminds cover how you end up clean?

With the Raven for example you can show both of your hands front and back after the vanish - once you vanish a coin here the heat will be on your hand where the SA is and people will most likely want to see it, so what happens then (I've seen people comment that it's better than the Raven and that you can do so many more things with it so trying to understand).

Thank you!

If you vanish visually yes - heat is on the other hand. But if you use it to vanish as closing a coin in fist, for example, you have time to ditch. Also if you do the full uncovered vanish, you can go south to a back pocket metal plate or mag or lap, or hidden pocket or body pocket/fold, etc.
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2448 Posts

Profile of benbv
Understood thank you!
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
Understood thank you!

I have also rigged a pull to the inside or underside of this with elastic in the sleeve and a bit of monofilament superglued to the gaff. There are times where this is the best solution and I had to get a second one to use it. It allows a brief showing of the open palm before a total vanish. I may use this 1 in 10 times though. The gaff itself as made works and provides the misdirection needed in the startling vanish to give you cover to go south. Hope this helps!
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2448 Posts

Profile of benbv
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2020, StarManager wrote:
Quote:
Understood thank you!

I have also rigged a pull to the inside or underside of this with elastic in the sleeve and a bit of monofilament superglued to the gaff. There are times where this is the best solution and I had to get a second one to use it. It allows a brief showing of the open palm before a total vanish. I may use this 1 in 10 times though. The gaff itself as made works and provides the misdirection needed in the startling vanish to give you cover to go south. Hope this helps!

I was actually considering that! Thank you yes very clear - wasn't 100% sure before whether there was something like that already in the system but understood it's not the case. Might also use a topit just to show a visual vanish and then ditch.
Thanks that's helpful!
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Glad to help goldeneye007!
Topcliffe
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans, LA
149 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
Kinda late to the party, but I just got the SA and I'm really enjoying learning how to use it. As some people have noted, it can be quite loud, and at first I was really disappointed as the extra m*****s that come with it make a loud thwacking sound when they hit the gimmick. But as I'm finding, the trick is to find just the right speed and distance from the object and it really is silent. Lightweight shim shells work really well with it. With the heavier stuff that makes the gimmick fall out of your hand, I'd recommend using some sort of tack or adhesive. If you have Event Horizon (similar-ish concept), Dannicus gives some good suggestions for tacks and adhesives in the tutorial.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2020, Topcliffe wrote:
Kinda late to the party, but I just got the SA and I'm really enjoying learning how to use it. As some people have noted, it can be quite loud, and at first I was really disappointed as the extra m*****s that come with it make a loud thwacking sound when they hit the gimmick. But as I'm finding, the trick is to find just the right speed and distance from the object and it really is silent. Lightweight shim shells work really well with it. With the heavier stuff that makes the gimmick fall out of your hand, I'd recommend using some sort of tack or adhesive. If you have Event Horizon (similar-ish concept), Dannicus gives some good suggestions for tacks and adhesives in the tutorial.

You're never too late to a Magic effect party! There are guys just opening their first deck of cards today . . . Glad you like the SA! Bring on your thoughts and routines and help us all!
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
I like the gimmick but what a long-winded explanation video, filled with poor examples, bad handling of the gimmick, many mistakes and so super slow and boring... I fell asleep. But it's still a great gimmick...
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
As an alternative to the Silent Assistant y'all might want to consider using this device ... The M-Snatcher
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
You know guys I have looked over all of these different devices. Friend of mine has the Silent Assistant. I tried it out for a day. This is exactly what I need! And you know I had to really look for this! This is not advertised on mainstream magic media. Took advantage of this!

People loved Silent Assistant and it became an instant hit in the magic community as it solves two crucial factors of traditional magnetic rings, opening up a new world of possibilities!

In this special set, we have included 2 Silent Assistant Devices and 12 PK Disks.

PK disks are not just regular magnetic disk. They are made with the same grade of rare earth magnet as PK ring. One of toughest and strongest magnetic material on the market.

With this limited duo set, you can now do all the magic with BOTH hands. Fewer restrictions and more possibilities!

A device hidden in plain sight. Perfect for all working environments.

Doug

https://www.theonlinemagicstore.com/coll......tant-duo
jamieguitar
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of jamieguitar
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2020, Topcliffe wrote:

I just got the SA too. I've got to say that I am really disappointed that it isn't silent at all. It's kind of hard plastic, so I suppose no surprise that it makes noise. I'll try your ideas for making it silent, as maybe I just need more practice. That being said, I am going to see if I can make something using the same concept, but with a softer, less "thwacky" material.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
My silent assistant wasn’t hard plastic, however I have since made my own version which I prefer Gaz 😊
jamieguitar
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of jamieguitar
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
My silent assistant wasn’t hard plastic, however I have since made my own version which I prefer Gaz 😊

Yeah, I guess I misspoke. It isn't "hard" plastic, but because of the way the gimmick is made, it is hard in the place that you don't really want it to be hard thus the sound. I'm still working on modifications or making my own version, but haven't yet come up with something that is practical and makes the Silent Assistant a little closer to silent.