The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: SansMinds Magic :: Silent Assistant by Sansminds Creative lab (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0

You can't flash EH as you can do with Silent Assistant. And secondly, there is still sound issue with EH which is only partially solved by the provided material, which SA has apparently solved. You should read this thread carefully.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
But it’s worth mentioning because (a) there are a boatload of routines and handling tips that come with EH, not to mention a FB users group with additional ideas, and I’m guessing that much of that would be useful with SA as well, and (b) folks considering SA might appreciate being aware of EH as well, as I’m sure they both have their pros and cons. I’m guessing that EH is stronger, for instance.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
610 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Will be interesting to see the reviews as they come in.
MikeLiu
View Profile
Regular user
vancouver
120 Posts

Profile of MikeLiu
It's good idea, I made a similar one before, different size, but work the same way , if this is half price, I might get it Smile ~
Raymond Singson
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Raymond Singson
[EDIT: Late to the party. Observed that this was very similar to Darryl Vanamburg/PH’s MoveMint from a few years back. Looks like Darryl’s also released Control through Murphy’s. Apparently, everyone’s rehashing and updating the same idea at the same time. Peculiar.]
“The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.” -- James Arthur Baldwin

raymond.singson@gmail.com
tarruntula
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of tarruntula
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2017, MikeLiu wrote:
It's good idea, I made a similar one before, different size, but work the same way , if this is half price, I might get it Smile ~

The EH is $10 cheaper than this. I have had mine for a couple of years, and as others have attested, it is handmade and very good quality!

https://www.handcraftedmiracles.com/prod......-horizon
thomasP
View Profile
Regular user
France
138 Posts

Profile of thomasP
The difference might be in the power of the m****t, otherwise not interessed.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14119

Pk Blista came out awhile back and it's basically the same thing though not as well disguised for the casual flash that you can do with the Silent Asistant.

I've seen Darryl's Control trailer and there is no 'bare hands display' that you can do with Silent Assistant too. In fact, as awesome as Greg's performances are, it does look like he's finger palming something most of the time.

So I guess that's the real big plus of Silent Assistant, which is that you're able to flash fairly freely that there is nothing in the hands.

Not sure if that makes it worth the steep price point though...
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Asaka
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Asaka
Skin colour will be a concern
and we need to hold it like tarantula or it can be stuck to the finger by tape?
MikeLiu
View Profile
Regular user
vancouver
120 Posts

Profile of MikeLiu
I don't think tape it will be a good idea, a least for ditching, and there is no need to keep palming it unless you have a special need Smile
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2837 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I would like to know the power of the M****t as well before I get this. It does look really good to go with my Just a cup.
mistifyed
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of mistifyed
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2017, Logan wrote:
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14119

Pk Blista came out awhile back and it's basically the same thing though not as well disguised for the casual flash that you can do with the Silent Asistant.

I've seen Darryl's Control trailer and there is no 'bare hands display' that you can do with Silent Assistant too. In fact, as awesome as Greg's performances are, it does look like he's finger palming something most of the time.

So I guess that's the real big plus of Silent Assistant, which is that you're able to flash fairly freely that there is nothing in the hands.

Not sure if that makes it worth the steep price point though...

Logan you do not have finger palm this at all. It stays secure no sticky tape required. It becomes part of you and easy to use. You can start clean and end clean fyi. Please see the Control thread for the real Story. No confusion meant on my part.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

Darryl Vanamburg
ABREWCADABREW
View Profile
New user
Tokyo, Japan
15 Posts

Profile of ABREWCADABREW
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2017, dj wrote:
This gimmick can be bought for years by Hakan Varol.So nothing new.
I think Hakan Varol sells this gimmick for 8 €.
I have this gimmick from Hakan Varol.
The gimmick is very useful for "The Gift" by Angelo Carbone.

Darko

I just ordered two from Hakan. Super nice bloke, highly recommend supporting him.
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
I have E H to didn't sansminds know about it been out a while.In fact the last post about EH in the above linked thread was by Dan in a response to me
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2017, mistifyed wrote:

Logan you do not have finger palm this at all. It stays secure no sticky tape required. It becomes part of you and easy to use. You can start clean and end clean fyi. Please see the Control thread for the real Story. No confusion meant on my part.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

Darryl Vanamburg

Thanks Darryl, I'll look into it! Smile
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1358 Posts

Profile of danfreed
When I heard about this I was super mad - at myself. I created this exact same thing (from what I can tell - I don't have the Silent Assistant) at least 2 years ago and was slowly going through the motions of releasing it. So the moral of the story is, if you have an idea you might want to release, don't doddle, someone will beat you to it. I can tell you, at least with the one I made, it works great and is very useful for all kinds of stuff that would ordinarily be done with a PK ring and similar items.
byronmaddox
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of byronmaddox
Regarding Silent Assistant. Didn't find it to be totally silent, but quieter than a PK ring. Highly overpriced for what it is. Can't figure out what their justification is. Paid $66.70 with shipping. Get real folks! Can save on shipping if you buy it from Magic Warehouse. Probably could make one from a rubber thumb tip & magnet. Found it would not stay on my finger unless slightly closing hand or pinching ring finger & baby finger together. Could not pick up a Morgan without gimmick falling off finger. Not nearly as strong as the Ash Ember mate Kinetic Ring. Solved the sticking to my finger problem by applying some "Scotch Spray Mount" to the inside edges (not the bottom or outside). Just used tape to mask off the areas I did not want coated. Now works like a dream and can dump it off easily.
rustic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of rustic
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2018, byronmaddox wrote:
Regarding Silent Assistant. Didn't find it to be totally silent, but quieter than a PK ring. Highly overpriced for what it is. Can't figure out what their justification is. Paid $66.70 with shipping. Get real folks! Can save on shipping if you buy it from Magic Warehouse. Probably could make one from a rubber thumb tip & magnet. Found it would not stay on my finger unless slightly closing hand or pinching ring finger & baby finger together. Could not pick up a Morgan without gimmick falling off finger. Not nearly as strong as the Ash Ember mate Kinetic Ring. Solved the sticking to my finger problem by applying some "Scotch Spray Mount" to the inside edges (not the bottom or outside). Just used tape to mask off the areas I did not want coated. Now works like a dream and can dump it off easily.

I found this On Control v Silent assistant thread
---
There have been more questions asked on comparisons between Control and Silent Assistant.

Instead of answering all the questions one at a time, I visited with Darryl this past weekend and asked him if we could film him performing some quick visuals with control for you all and he Agreed.
This is more of bonus for you along with some Strong Clear Clarification for you all.

I must say Seeing Darryl do this infront of me was so clean and visual with absolutely No clunk are thud sounds. I might add, Darryl performed some of these effects for me one on one in a perfectly silent room as well. was Perfectly Silent.

Someone mentioned that Silent Assistant has an obvious loud thud sound and other issues. With Darryls Mod that he has allowed me to share with the magic community-->There is absolutely No clunk or thud sounds.

Here Is the Unlisted Youtube Link of the Cool Looking Visuals.
https://youtu.be/5lG8hpckMfY

The Camera does not do it justice in my honest opinion. But you Really can do Everything that "silent assistant" allows and SO much more.

Darryl Has agreed to provide the mod details and an Image... but he explained that he cannot provide detailed photos of the mod applied to the gimmick due to Exposure reasons.

Mod details: (Note - this Bonus stuff is not included on the instructional, But is very simple to do)

-Flesh/Skin colored felt from fabric store or walmart etc.
-Double sided Carpet tape for bond strength(apply to a 2" X 2" square flesh colored felt)
-Then Cut Felt to Size in Image below-->then apply flesh colored felt strip to bottom of control gimmick in centre bottom down middle end to end.
-Apply carpet tape to a steel shim disc that is aprox the size of a quarter and .003" thick--->Stick into your Coin Sh*LL((The shim Darryl Uses is called PRECISION BRAND STEEL SHIM IN GREEN BOX) .003 thickness available anywhere online(Google search Precision Brand Shim)

The Quick get ready and clean up of the main Control gimmick works exactly the same with the extra something in the control kit when Utilizing Darryls Mod.
Simply Follow the Steps above.

that's It...Your Gimmick is ready to perform vanishes, transformations, Changes etc Simply peel the flesh colored felt strip off When Wanting to perform PK Effects etc.

Thanks all

Mike

Click here to view attached image.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1881 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Nicholas Knight Enigma anyone?!?!? Again same exact thing. Cutting one few cm shorter doesn't make it new...
I made my own +5years ago by cutting long TT short and putting M inside and been using it in my Chop cup for years...

Juha-Matti
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I love ma..ets but not so much PK rings and have made many versions of this type of thing with plasters / band aids . I knew exactly what I was getting with this and have no problems how much it costs if it does the job and silent assistant certainly does that . I think with a minor bit of customising for your own hand ( which is a great plus ) this is a very very good product . I rate it highly and will use it Tarik 🙂