The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: SansMinds Magic :: Control vs. Silent Assistant (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:
Ok to clarify once I receive this do I have to make this up myself or is this to make a spare or tidy up when wearing out etc ? Or is it a diy project from the start ? Best wishes Tarik 🙂

Hello Tarik

As Noted, this is an added bonus From Darryl as a diy. It is Very simple to do.

This is for all the performers that really like to do changes, transformations, vanishes etc with coins and other items that have Control.

There are many that cannot afford to buy both and are looking for further clarification. And so Darryl has provided insightful clarification for all, as well as provided his simple Control Mod.

This is also to Clarify exactly what Control is capable of that it can do all this and much more, as it has the needed Strength to perform PK effects, penetrations etc as well as the changes, transformations, vanishes with other items etc.

Thanks

Mike
Entertainer
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Ok Mike so when I receive it I take the instructions from the your Café post above to
make it up ? Will once I have made like this will it still be able to do all the other effects or is a kind of secondary gimmick I will be making or just adapting the first so it does everything ? Best wishes Tarik 🙂
XaviumLord
View Profile
New user
Ohio
68 Posts

Profile of XaviumLord
Quote:
Ok Mike so when I receive it I take the instructions from the your Café post above to
make it up ? Will once I have made like this will it still be able to do all the other effects or is a kind of secondary gimmick I will be making or just adapting the first so it does everything ? Best wishes Tarik 🙂

If you want to do vanishes and transformations, you have the fabric taped onto the Control gimmick. If you want to do the PK effects, you just have it off. Really, the mod is just a specially cut piece of fabric with tape. Not that that discredits it! I actually gave it a go last night, and I did find a bit of an issue. The dimensions provided for the fabric are correct, but I found that around 50% of the time I would do a vanish, the coin would clink directly onto the gimmick before settling on the fabric part, thus making a noise. I've made my fabric cut a lot wider, personally, to try to alleviate this.
rustic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of rustic
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2018, AaronishMagic wrote:
Bought both, still waiting for Control. Very pleased with SA so far. Instruction covers all details, matching the color to skin tone and how to adjust the magnetic strength to make it silent for the object you work with.

Did coin visual change in my last gig all night. Feels like real magic to show both hands empty lol. No clink when it picks up the shell. I'm so happy as I've always wanted to do this with my PK ring. Worth every penny for me. Can't wait to receive Control and play with it..

I to am waiting for control to arrive. Excited to say the least, By the sounds of what Others are saying it looks like Control can do Everything SA can do And A lot More.

Strange to hear your experience with SA, I have had the exact opposite experience, and have really worked it, I am not Incapable by all means and I have great knowledge on how stuff should and should not work.

Glad it is working for you, but It is Useless for me. Placed in the "Non-Usable Item Drawer" LOL
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2018, XaviumLord wrote:
Quote:

If you want to do vanishes and transformations, you have the fabric taped onto the Control gimmick. If you want to do the PK effects, you just have it off. Really, the mod is just a specially cut piece of fabric with tape. Not that that discredits it! I actually gave it a go last night, and I did find a bit of an issue. The dimensions provided for the fabric are correct, but I found that around 50% of the time I would do a vanish, the coin would clink directly onto the gimmick before settling on the fabric part, thus making a noise. I've made my fabric cut a lot wider, personally, to try to alleviate this.

Hello Xavium

Darryl Explained to INSURE to use .003 thickness and the shim to be placed in centre of Sh@#L and that It works 100% every time.

Shim disc is to be no Larger than a US quarter and .003 thickness Darryl also mention .005 thickness shim works well aprox diameter is size of US quarter.

Xavium
Can you explain what you had done and what diameter and thickness of shim you used exactly - so that all get this correct. and if you are using a Sh@#L ?

A normal steel coin will Make a Clink Sound do to the amount of Solid steel material inside it.

Thanks

Mike
Entertainer
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Quote:

Really comes down to your Preference. Can leave it in Mod state and perform the PK effects just the same. Or Revert back to Pre-Mod state.

Mike Smile
Entertainer
XaviumLord
View Profile
New user
Ohio
68 Posts

Profile of XaviumLord
Technically, they were just tests with the size of the fabric. I was actually using proper coins for this. My main intention was to pick up a shim sh**l quarter. Figured that would work just as well as taking a sh**l and sticking my own shim in it, yeah?
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Quote:
Quote:

Correction:

Darryl Says to Use only .003" shim disc the Size of US quarter---And Not .005" thick shim disc.

Experimenting with a .003" shim disc around the size of a nickel and or a Penny sized disc is always worth a try as well to perfect anything.

thanks

Mike
Entertainer
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
No good deed goes unpunished
I've asked to be banned
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks Mike regards Tarik 🙂
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Quote:
Technically, they were just tests with the size of the fabric. I was actually using proper coins for this. My main intention was to pick up a shim sh**l quarter. Figured that would work just as well as taking a sh**l and sticking my own shim in it, yeah?

OK, to clarify, you were using a normal magnetic coin and Not A Sh@LL? (as a Sh@LL with Noted Shim Size is recommended by Darryl) Just need clarify to eliminate confusion between using reel steel coins VS using Shim and Sh@#L

thanks Xavium

Mike
Entertainer
XaviumLord
View Profile
New user
Ohio
68 Posts

Profile of XaviumLord
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2018, magicmike30 wrote:
Quote:

OK, to clarify, you were using a normal magnetic coin and Not A Sh@LL? (as a Sh@LL with Noted Shim Size is recommended by Darryl) Just need clarify to eliminate confusion between using reel steel coins VS using Shim and Sh@#L

thanks Xavium

Mike

I was using a coin with a very thin magnet attached as a means to test the fabric, so no, was not using a sh**l. The intent was to see if the type of fabric I already had would cover up extreme noises. I was then looking into getting shim s**ll quarter or something from VI.
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Quote:
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2018, magicmike30 wrote:
Quote:

thanks Xavium

Mike

I was using a coin with a very thin magnet attached as a means to test the fabric, so no, was not using a sh**l. The intent was to see if the type of fabric I already had would cover up extreme noises. I was then looking into getting shim s**ll quarter or something from VI.

Thanks for Clarifying Xavium.

Please, all Follow the Mod details for best Maximum results.

Darryl Tells me the felt he uses is also A Dense Felt. A bit more stiff and little thicker than standard craft felt, Ill Have the proper dense felt noted here soon for all.

You could always double up the flesh colored craft felt and stick together with the double sided carpet tape and flatten a bit before cutting out your felt strip.

Mike Smile
Entertainer
XaviumLord
View Profile
New user
Ohio
68 Posts

Profile of XaviumLord
Looking forward to the specifics of the dense felt.
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
193 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
So the shim is .005" thick? I think there was a typo in your correction Mike.
I could be wrong. Cheers
XaviumLord
View Profile
New user
Ohio
68 Posts

Profile of XaviumLord
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2018, pelicantrapper wrote:
I could be wrong. Cheers

It's 0.003". He says to NOT use the .005. Interestingly, I couldn't find any shim discs on the brand website that was mentioned. Hmm.
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Quote:
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2018, pelicantrapper wrote:
I could be wrong. Cheers

It's 0.003". He says to NOT use the .005. Interestingly, I couldn't find any shim discs on the brand website that was mentioned. Hmm.

Hello again Smile

.003" is the thickness to use.

Here is a link:
https://precisionbrand.com/products/0-00......00-roll/
Note--The link shows .007" pictured, but read description-They supply .003" as well. I think they go down to .001" as well.

Click on the drop down menu of page.

Then click "Distributor Locator" to locate nearest Distributor near you to either walk in and pick up, or order online.

If your nearest distributor does not carry .003" inch thickness steel shim.
They can order it in for you.

You want the steel shim in "Green Box"

Mike
Entertainer
XaviumLord
View Profile
New user
Ohio
68 Posts

Profile of XaviumLord
Both products showed up in the Wizard Product Review today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLbM4SXdyT8&t=726s
JasonL2112
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of JasonL2112
Topic starts at 4:50

Quote:
On Jan 10, 2018, XaviumLord wrote:
Both products showed up in the Wizard Product Review today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLbM4SXdyT8&t=726s
lumberjohn
View Profile
Special user
Memphis, TN
626 Posts

Profile of lumberjohn
Pretty scathing review. To say they hated both products seems an understatement.