The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Haunted Box by Joao Miranda (45 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Joao Miranda has a new amazing release.
I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

"The biggest secret of this box is that it will offer you infinite hours of amazement."
- Dani DaOrtiz

"For me, Joao is a Genius. The ghost that hides inside into this box is a part of his brain... so brilliant!"
- Mickael Chatelain

"This is amazing! Finally, a Haunted-themed prop that actually does its job right. Everyone jumps!!!"
- Bobby Motta

"A fantastic, easy-to-do piece of magic, limited only by your imagination."
- Russ Stevens

"Once again, João demonstrates innovative thinking, taking an old premise and giving it a totally new coat of paint!"
- Eric Samuels

From the creative mind of Joao Miranda comes the Haunted Box, a very clever illusion with a story line that is guaranteed to amaze your audience.

Do you believe in ghosts? You will after witnessing this...

The magician displays a simple wooden box, purchased several years ago from an antique shop. The magician explains that when he arrived home and opened the box, he noticed a faded picture of Harry Houdini, "The King of Cards." This picture wasn't in the box when he first purchased it. From time to time, the magician noticed the box would produce strange noises at night, a "slamming" sound, as if the spirit of Harry Houdini haunted it.

The magician demonstrates these strange occurrences under the most stringent of test conditions:

He opens the lid and removes a deck of cards and a standard Sharpie Pen (or pen of your choice).

A spectator is invited to select ANY card from the deck and sign its face. The card is then placed ANYWHERE in the deck by the spectator. This is a 100% FREE choice.

The spectator then mixes the cards and is asked to deal them, one by one, into the box. SUDDENLY the lid of the box SLAMS SHUT, as if telling the spectator to stop dealing. The magician asks the spectator to turn over the card they are holding in their hand... it is the signed card!

Haunted Box comes complete with everything necessary to get started performing this miracle right out of the box. This very special box allows you to concentrate on your presentation as it is 100% self-working. The Haunted Box is perfect for close-up, yet plays big enough for any stage! The Haunted Box is the PERFECT closer to your show.

Keep in mind:
The deck can be shuffled by the spectator himself
There are 100% NO forces of any kind!
There are no remote controls
The magician can be outside the room while the cards are dealt into the box!
The box can be used to store any deck of playing cards and a marker
The trick is 100% self-contained and works AUTOMATICALLY
No stooges
No threads, wires, etc.
Nothing for the performer (or anyone else) to trigger
A total of FIVE AMAZING and original routines are explained
Add Haunted Box to your repertoire and be ready to amaze your audiences with this spooky and powerful magic effect.

Comes with a red and blue Bicycle gimmick.

Haunted Box is available in both Standard or Deluxe (aged box) versions.

Check them out:

Standard - https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=60245
Deluxe - https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=60246

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1429 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
This actually looks REALLY cool!

I'm excited to find a presentation that justifies the effect, but I don't think that would be difficult.

I honestly do feel that this looks like a GREAT product.

I am however a little annoyed that the secret was not revealed in the trailer, I thought that was standard practice.

Jokes aside, I look forward to reading reviews. This truly does look like a fantastic product, kudos to the team at Murohy's.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Looks very cool, especially since I already do a parlor routine involving "spirits" in which it would fit nicely.

Also like the fact that you can apparently customize it to fit your needs because I always dislike turning these fanciful presentations into basically what appears to be a card trick.
FilmMagician
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of FilmMagician
Hm only $350, might get two. Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Looks great. I am sure owes a nod to Anverdi but the box looks more natural and the action on the box is very nice... definitely on the list.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I still have my Anverdi Surprise Box.

I assume this works the same way, which is great.

Count me in.

Robert
FilmMagician
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of FilmMagician
Can this be used with any deck of cards?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2017, FilmMagician wrote:
Can this be used with any deck of cards?

Assuming the method is similar to Anverdi's versions the answer is yes with a small addition to the deck in play.
btwigg
View Profile
Loyal user
Sacramento, CA USA
204 Posts

Profile of btwigg
If I had money to blow I'd be all over this. Also what the difference between the standard and deluxe versions?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
The Haunted Box looks nice and promising. I'll await a couple of reviews.

Quote:
On Dec 18, 2017, btwigg wrote:

. . . . what the difference between the standard and deluxe versions?

$100 in price. Smile

Quote:
On Dec 18, 2017, Titanas wrote:

Haunted Box is available in both Standard or Deluxe (aged box) versions.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3630 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
A spectator is invited to select ANY card from the deck and sign its face. The card is then placed ANYWHERE in the deck by the spectator. This is a 100% FREE choice.

Interesting. If this is an accurate description
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2208 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Jesus, $350 for that?
davidj40
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of davidj40
I know this does not use RFID technology. It looks interesting, but I'll wait on a couple reviews before dropping $250 on the unknown.
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I'm certainly interested in some reviews.
It could be a possible birthday gift to myself next year.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2017, rowdymagi5 wrote:

Interesting. If this is an accurate description

In terms of magicians language the description is quite accurate. However after watching the various demo vids, depending on the effect, one needs to correctly position the control card at its proper position or f@#$e the control card/envelope etc.

If my thinking is on the right lines, I can guess the technology & principle used. With this, one can think of a number of varied effective routine & effects based on this one sole principle. Said that, this is a very good and useful prop with lot of potential. Your ideas & imagination will be the only limiting factor. As seen in the demo vids, the prop (box) is very well constructed and designed so as to give it a very simple and innocent look. New, fresh and good thinking has gone into creating and bringing this totally different and new kind of prop to the magic community by the creator.

The above is based on my speculation and I might be totally wrong (like most of the time Smile).

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
A box that closes itself--this is magic? For $350 no less?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
If you can invent and make something yourself, go for it...

Hopefully a gig would be more than enough to cover the costs, and also tax deductible...

If you're not gigging, play and invent...
I've asked to be banned
DavidPaterson
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of DavidPaterson
It would be nice to see credit given to Anverdi, and to Peter G. Jefferies. You will find full details of the methods used, and instructions for making the gimmicked Bicycle cards (red or black!!!) starting on page 149 of Anverdi's book.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2017, IAIN wrote:
If you can invent and make something yourself, go for it...

Hopefully a gig would be more than enough to cover the costs, and also tax deductible...

If you're not gigging, play and invent...

I wouldn't bother. The effect itself is blah.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
This looks really nicely made and if it is the same method as the Anverdi version, the modern day working parts look to be very well hidden.

Are the aged finish and different style clasps the only difference between the standard and deluxe options, or is one made from a more exotic wood, or constructed better than the other?

I will be interested in hearing the reviews about this one.

Paul McCaig.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com