The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: SansMinds Magic :: Aiden by Ryuhei Nakamora (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
Any opinion on this?
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Wow, that certainly does look good. I’ll wait for reviews, based on past experience with this company, but really hoping this is as good as it looks
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
It looks indeed very good.
But... the price is suspiciously low. You cannot get something sophisticated for that price.
Devereaux
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
67 Posts

Profile of Devereaux
Is this any different than Steven X Pen-nonenon?
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S21640
Falco Spitz
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Falco Spitz
Any REVIEWS for Aiden...?!?
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
I have this and will try to put up a review soon!
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Looking forward to your review! Thanks in advance~
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12999 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2017, academy wrote:
Any opinion on this?

sick.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Very sick
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
2004 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Anything that's not in the "Worker Serie" from Sansminds is only for video, not good for real world, in my experience.
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Here is my review, but first the ad copy,
Here's something your audience has never before seen, and it will blow them away! Mind reading? Spirit communication? Telekinesis? Wow!

Being able to read your spectator's thoughts by picking their chosen card is quite an amazing feat in itself. Imagine if you could take it a step further though, and incorporate a visually stunning presentation into your mind reading routine.

Making its debut in Japan last year, SansMinds has collaborated with Ryuhei Nakamura to bring this special effect to the English-speaking community. Introducing Aiden. A flexible routine where your spectator will WATCH A SHARPIE COME TO LIFE, and draw the symbol or shape that was on their mind, all hands-free!

Whether you present it as telekinetic powers, or the ability to communicate with spirits, this one-two punch will be the combo you need to knock your audience off their feet!

A reveal with a killer presentation.

What you receive:

- 1 instructional DVD
- 1 gimmick supply pack

I remember when this trick came out in japan last year and I was wondering why we didn't have a chance to buy it. A few months later I got in in their mystery box. The only downside to this is that it didn't come with the gimmicks, but it wasn't a problem because most magicians will have the materials. So to start off you have to make your gimmick. It won't take very long to do so. When I saw the trailer I thought this looked amazing. I thought of all the different possibilities you could use this for, and sadly, you can't write just anything. You get shown a couple different versions to write a few different things. You can write everything they show in a live performance of the trailer, but not the things such as when they show the 6 and other things in the background. Is this reliable? Yeah I think it is. With this kind of effect there is always a possibility of something breaking, and unfortunately they don't really have a recover for that on the dvd. If the trick doesn't work (When the ** breaks), they just say grab the pen and write it down the symbol they were thinking of yourself. Which is okay, but not really why this trick stands out. You can make it look identical to what it looks like in the trailer, although there will be one version I will specifically be performing as I believe it looks the nicest. They cover different parlor and walk around set ups, which I found to be very helpful. However, due to carrying the gimmick(s) and things I would probably just use this for a stage or parlor setting. The walk around is doable, I'm just not willing to risk the breaking, and if there is wind, I wouldn't count on performing this.
Pros: You can do as shown in the trailer, gimmick isn't hard to make
Cons: No recover if something goes wrong, kind of heavy set up, nothing is left clean, except for the piece of paper the pen writes on. (Pen cannot be examined unless you break something which starts to turn into a pain haha.)
All in all, I would probably rate this a 5/10. I don't see myself performing this anytime, although those who can commit to the set up etc might find some use.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3082 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I got it in the mystery box. It is clever but the setup is a pain. You can set up anything for one stage show or video but I can’t see using this in any other context
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Thanks for the reviews. Echoing Devereaux's post, I'm curious as to how this differs from Steven X's Pen-nonenon. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S21640
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3082 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I don’t have Pen-nomenon. From the trailer it looks like the writing is done by another method prior to or after the pen animation. The actuall writing on the paper is not shown. As you can see in the trailer for Aiden the writing is done while the pen animates. Yes many limitations and I’m not saying one is better.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
My Murphy's Magic review

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONcVhApU9bo