The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Smooth as silk :: Giant Blendo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magicfingerz
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Magicfingerz
Where is the best place to buy a giant blendo?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If you want a mechanical Blendo, the best in the world is Rice's Blendo. They are expensive but they work.

Go here:
http://www.silkkingmagic.com/cat2.htm

You will not be sorry, they are truely beautiful silk.

P.S. You should have posted this in "Smooth as Silk topic".
Magicfingerz
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Magicfingerz
Hmm... Thanks. But Iam looking for a blendo like the one in Jeff McBrides video. The Blendo with the clear tube. Does anyone know where I can get that?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Is this the mirror tube? Bill Brewe in Cincinnatti used to make a fine one.

As per mechanical blendos, I make them also with tie dye silks.

Horace Marshall once made a mechanical 6' square blendo for Reeder Hutchinson. Talk about the need for long arms!
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Peter White at P&A Silks makes a beautiful mirror tube. It's expensive, but well worth it.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Magicfingerz
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Magicfingerz
Where can I buy a fairly inexpensive mirror tube?
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Actually, I don't think I've ever seen an inexpensive Mirror Tube. It looks like it is a fairly significant undertaking to cut the slots and install the mirror inside the tube. I'm just guessing, since I've never done any work with acrylic tubes.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
Richard,

You mentioned Hutchinson's 6' blendo....we have an 8 foot, you have to walk inside it to set it! That's a Gaint blendo.
By the way, Richard makes a very find blendo!

Ms.M
World Magic Award's "Escape Artist of the Year"
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Magicfingerz,

The last jumbo mirror tube which I think is the one McBride is using was by 'Magic Hands' of Germany. They went bankrupt several years ago. Another company is handling the final items left. Anyway, dealers have items from some Afracian based company. I think it is 'Mephisto House' in Belguim.

I bought one of the last Mirror Tubes they available from Dave Cressey Products at a Convention. I paid $60 for it.

May I suggest that you can use a Crystal Silk Cyclinder to perform a blendo effect. This is a Mak-Magic product and all dealers carry the item. This was on Jeff's Tapes also.

Then the bag blendo is a nice selection also, where 3 silks are but in a cloth tote bag and transform into a 36" scarf.

Another alternative is the changer bag.

Finally, you could use the Al Baker dye tube from Rice Studio's. Roll a construction sheet of paper. Put 3 silks in a the tube. Pull out a vari-colored scarf.

You might want to check out this site:
http://www.laflinmagic.com

They specialize in silk magic. Hope this helps you in your search.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
The 6' Blendo was done by himself which is quite an arm spread.

I have used a Elmo test tube bunny to produce a triple layer 90" silk to produce CEO's from behind on numerous occasions. This is a very large crystal silk cylinder. It is still being made by Dazzling Magic http://www.dazzlingmagic.com.

I have considered making a good mirror tube again as I have the proper mirror material. However with the cost of materials and such, I don't think it will be inexpensive to sell.

There was a smaller very cheap version that was included with an imported silks to parasol trick from India. I don't know if it would be big enough for you for not.

Again, I would contact William Brewe in Cincinnatti and see if he has any of his left.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Found this blendo from Japan.

Click Here!
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
How much is that in dollars?
Logic Defied
flowJuggler
View Profile
New user
East Coast USA
71 Posts

Profile of flowJuggler
About $150.
Ãœber goodest signature ever.
VarietyArtsBlog.com
Hayre
View Profile
Regular user
Arkansas
197 Posts

Profile of Hayre
I recently purchased the famous (or infamous) 6 foot Blendo discussed above, made by Horace MArshall, for Reeder Hutchinson. It is an awesome thing, and is fiercely magnificent and striking. Makes a heck of a backdrop for a Jet Set. I got it in a huge lot, and am not sure what 'individual' silks were meant for it. If anyone has any insights about the silks, drop me a PM. I think I have them identified, but they are quite a unique setup, unlike what I have seen before.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I wrote you an email on this.
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Hayre
View Profile
Regular user
Arkansas
197 Posts

Profile of Hayre
Thank you Richard (hugmagic), for your info. Hope you enjoyed the photos of this one of a kind Horace Marshall masterpiece. I am lucky to have it on display at my home.