The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: SansMinds Magic :: Holey Change by Sansminds (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
This just got posted. Thoughts? Kinda reminds me of solo by Mark Mason

https://www.sansminds.com/product/holely-change/
A self-contained finale for your card routine that your audience won’t forget.

With 2 mysteriously holed cards, make your spectators signed card change colours in the blink of an eye!

With Holely Change in your arsenal, you will always be ready to draw a crowd!

An easy-to-perform colour change routine that leaves the spectator with a special memento, and ends 100% clean!

Just watch the trailer and check it out for yourself!

What you get:

1 Instructional DVD

1 Gimmick Package

TV rights not included with purchase. Please contact SansMinds for TV rights.
Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Fero
Looks nice. but you know sandsmind.....
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Their stuff I have picked up recently has all been really good. Sonic stab is super dope and workable and I am sitting on the fence on this one
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2069 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I'm really glad this is finally coming out.

Sansminds posted a video of this 6 years ago and always thought it looked great.

Here is the unedited performance they filmed from back then:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRyi7vHNLpY
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Fero
In that case I will give it a try
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

David thank you for posting it! They have the red version on Penguin for 22!! The unedited one looks a lot better in my opinion!!
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2017, TuneHV wrote:
I'm really glad this is finally coming out.

Sansminds posted a video of this 6 years ago and always thought it looked great.

Here is the unedited performance they filmed from back then:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRyi7vHNLpY

That looks really good.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I like this a lot, it must be one of the best effects Sansminds have released and its very easy to do, check it out here:

https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......dvd.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Just ordered. Looks nice.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Is blue better than red? There’s s price difference on Penguin. I’d rather pay more if the blue is more effective but rather save if they are equal.
JonathanW
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of JonathanW
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2017, Slackerking wrote:
Is blue better than red? There’s s price difference on Penguin. I’d rather pay more if the blue is more effective but rather save if they are equal.

i doubt it. It should be the same no matter what color.
normative
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of normative
So it’s... a color change of a selected card, but with a couple of weird prop cards you have to carry around and justify? Why on earth would anyone ever do this? I mean, enlighten me if there’s an upside here I’m missing, but surely this is a hundred times *less* magical looking than just... doing a color change to reveal an odd-backed card. That’s already about as elementary as it gets technically, so the appeal of paying $30 to do a gimmicked version that looks like something you fished out of a childrens’ magic kit eludes me.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2017, normative wrote:
So it’s... a color change of a selected card, but with a couple of weird prop cards you have to carry around and justify? Why on earth would anyone ever do this? I mean, enlighten me if there’s an upside here I’m missing, but surely this is a hundred times *less* magical looking than just... doing a color change to reveal an odd-backed card. That’s already about as elementary as it gets technically, so the appeal of paying $30 to do a gimmicked version that looks like something you fished out of a childrens’ magic kit eludes me.

I don’t know, maybe because it looks amazing? If you can’t figure out why I doubt anyone else can explain it to you.
normative
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of normative
Seriously? Well, vanilla and chocolate, I suppose.
JonathanW
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of JonathanW
Quote:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4129 cards with holes in them and it either vanishing or changing color have been around. Sans put this out 6 years ago so I can see how it fit in more at the time when a lot of these style effects were popping up. One justification you could use is building it up as an impossible color change done under test conditions?

I do agree though that laymen will find the cards odd but if you routine everything right it can be good magic. Personally I'd just do a color change in the spectators hands. Though another thing to remember is magicians like this stuff. Some people just do magic for fun and a hobby. So I don't see anything wrong with this and I could still see a working pro using this if routined properly.

Though if you want a sansminds effect with normal props *cough* sharpshooter looks good *cough*
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Profile of The Duster
What does ends 100% clean mean [?]

Obviously they can keep their card

But I guess the two props are not free to be handed out [?] for an inspection [?]

2/5 for difficulty and audience management [on their own scale]
KristoBall
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of KristoBall
Getting decent buzz... anybody have this yet? I love Solo by Mark Mason so not sure I need another similar trick but it looks very good (always said about SansMinds though...)
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2017, The Duster wrote:
What does ends 100% clean mean [?]

Obviously they can keep their card

But I guess the two props are not free to be handed out [?] for an inspection [?]

2/5 for difficulty and audience management [on their own scale]

You can end 100% clean, I most likely won't bother to clean up but the option is there if you want to.

There is obviously a gimmick involved but the good news is it is very low tech and nothing will break.

If you want to replace your gimmicks you will need a hole punch to make your own and the cards, or you could cut any shape hole you like as long as you ensure the holes in the cards line up.

This is great trick, I would not say so if it was rubbish!
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1999 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
As with most effects that can be performed via sleight of hand or with gimmicks, the gimmicked version is cleaner. The props are only weird if you presentation doesn't give them meaning. I would wholeheartedly disagree with your assessment that this is less magical. You openly show the card both front and back before putting it in between the hole cards. While in between the hole cards, the spectator can clearly see both their signature and the back color peeking through the hole. With a simple push the signed card changes color. That is pretty freakin clean and is a routine that is not possible using sleight of hand. IMHO, YMMV...

Quote:
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Saturn Magic, thank you for your thoughts. I like your reviews.