The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Inject 2.0 - The impossible just got REAL!! (370 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14..22..30..38..46..50~51~52 [Next]
Meng
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere in Germany I wrote
128 Posts

Profile of Meng
I bought inject 2.0 two days ago (Android version, bought at the Play Store ). Seems to be working fine, but contrary to what the manual says, I was never asked to register my account with an e-mail address and a password. I got an account ID and the app seems to be up and running, but under "Settings" the space "Account Email" is just blank. I'm a bit worried, because everybody else seems to have an account-email-addresse and a password. Anything to be concerned about or normal with Inject 2.0?
Any help or insight would be highly appreciated.
spectrahue
View Profile
Regular user
Leicestershire
161 Posts

Profile of spectrahue
Hi, can anyone shed light on how information is relayed to the Mentalist when not using technology but I am assuming the spectator is?
As I understand it uses the push protocol... Where is it pushing to if you don't have any tech?

I also downloaded the app and it works perfectly in non registered mode to get a feel on what can be achieved. Just not getting my head around what's needed when you don't have your phone etc.

Appreciate any replies...
Thanks Nic
http://www.magentalist.droppages.com/

A.N.T , Bookworm , 50 Shades Blue, Heads I Win Positvely
normative
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of normative
The whole "janky link" issue with this does seem like it ought to be soluble. Some of Marc Kerstein's app effects have pretty ingenious & elegant solutions for getting the spectator to a website and establishing the necessary synchronization between devices that might work here. As an interim solution, if you're really in love with these, one could in principle register an appropriate-sounding domain name fairly cheaply and and have it redirect to the personalized URL for the corresponding trick. It's not terribly difficult, though if you're not already a bit of a techie, it's likely to cost you a couple hours figuring out exactly how to do it.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Meng,

You don't have to worry about not having an email and password.
Inject 2.0 ties your purchase to your Google (or iTunes) account.
This way, you don't have to remember yet another login/password.

Hi spectrahue,

In Inject information is relayed to the magician in many ways.

If you perform Inject without any technology (you don't have any tech, you can be naked), then you're using borrowed phones in very clever (and motivated) ways.

If you perform Inject with technology (you have your smartphone or smartwatch) there are many ways that you can see (or hear) the information.

Most of the routines in Inject don't require you to get ANY information ... You can perform amazing mentalism even though you can't see or hear.

Hi normative,

Here's an example of a link in Inject:

99z.co/a/houdini.jpg

(The above URL doesn't work because I want to protect the REAL URLs that are used in Inject from web search crawlers).

If you show that URL to a technical person, they would say it is a URL to an image (JPEG) file (which is exactly what you see when you type that URL in the address bar).
The above URL does not forward to any other URL ... when you're done with the trick, it's the same URL that you started with.

What part of the above link looks "janky"?

Every URL in Inject is made of three parts:

1. Base URL (based on the routine that you're performing, you can choose one of three base URLs for your effect).
2. The letter "a" (which can also be your user number)
3. The ending which you can customize to be anything you like (to make things easier to remember, shorter, or more relevant).

As you've already said, if you're not happy with any of the above, you're free to further customize Inject by using exactly the URL that you want to give to an effect.
Many magicians already use Inject by embedding effects on their website.

This is GREAT for marketing your website to your spectators.

All the best,
Greg Rostami
adiabaticman
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
144 Posts

Profile of adiabaticman
Hi Greg, Thank you for getting back to me by PM. I have responded to your question and also included my Google Play order number. Hope this can all be fixed over email/PM.
Best Wishes.
Watching those electrons dance on the adiabat, from Franck-Condon to the Asymptote.
garys
View Profile
New user
Hertfordshire, UK
60 Posts

Profile of garys
I am on the fence, almost about to buy. I downloaded the free version a few weeks ago. I had intended to upgrade before the offer expired on Sunday. I didn't get around to it on time. This now gives me more time to consider carefully if this app is for me. Don't get me wrong, the app looks fantastic. I have to hold myself back from buying shiny new objects. I am trying to be a little objective only buying tricks that I will use. I find reading posts on the Magic Café useful to help me decide 1. does the trick fit my skill level. 2. does the trick fit my style.

I often discuss new tricks with a friend. Our styles are different. So we often like different tricks. That's not a bad thing if we work together. However, he is against magic apps. Therefore it's hard to get advice from him for this type of magic. I feel I have to listen to him as he is a full-time pro magician. He has much more experience performing in front of paying clients. My experience is limited to showing magic to people when I am DJing at an event when time allows. By the way, I always get great reactions. My friend advice seems to be based on his experiences. Such as when you are working a table blah blah could happen with trick x. Or when you are working in the bar area this can happen and they will not follow what is happening etc.

I think this app is something I could use. So please keep adding your reviews to this thread to help me make my mind up. I would like to know when and how you use the app? Does it work well table hopping? Does it work better to a few people maybe two to three, or will work with a larger group?

I look forward to hearing your real working experiences. Thank you in advance to anyone that takes the time to reply to my post. (note I don't post much on the Café as I am often on a public pc and not logged in)
Owen
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Owen
Hi Greg,
2 questions.

1.) You mention that "Another pro is: There are no signs of your fake URL in their browser's history."
However, During the video manual tutorial, the url on spectators phone is automatically suggested and autofilled in after you type the beginning of it. How are there no signs of url on spectators phone if the phone suggests filling in the rest of the url?

2.) Can I simply embed these funky url's in a separate frame on my website? Will it still work if it is in a framed page vs a dedicated page?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi garys,

Thank you for your interest in Inject.

The price of Inject is still $69.99
We're working on a new pricing structure that delayed our Oct. 1st price change.

The price will go up to $79.99 on Oct. 3rd.

Thousands of magicians, worldwide use Inject in every performance environment you can imagine.

Stage, close-up, cabaret, and TV ... the brilliant minds of our users have used Inject in all of these settings.

The reason why so many pros swear by Inject is because there's nothing to backtrack ... it really doesn't get any cleaner then Inject.

If you're looking for reviews, there are other threads on the Café that are filled with reviews and feedback.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Greg
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2017, Owen wrote:
Hi Greg,
2 questions.

1.) You mention that "Another pro is: There are no signs of your fake URL in their browser's history."
However, During the video manual tutorial, the url on spectators phone is automatically suggested and autofilled in after you type the beginning of it. How are there no signs of url on spectators phone if the phone suggests filling in the rest of the url?

2.) Can I simply embed these funky url's in a separate frame on my website? Will it still work if it is in a framed page vs a dedicated page?

Hi Owen,

As you may know, Inject secretly converts a borrowed phone into either a transmitter or receiver (without Wifi or Bluetooth with no range restrictions).

If it's a transmitter, then there's no sign of the secret webpage in your spectator's history.

The URL of Inject is designed in a way where your spectator will never start typing those characters for the browser to autofill the rest.

For many effects, if their phone is used as a receiver, then there's no need to hide any URL ... the URLs look like any other URL that would be for an image or web album.

You can embed the Inject URLs in an iframe of any part of your website. Everything works the same way.

Magic on brother,
G Ro
garys
View Profile
New user
Hertfordshire, UK
60 Posts

Profile of garys
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2017, Greg Rostami wrote:
Hi garys,

Thank you for your interest in Inject.

The price of Inject is still $69.99
We're working on a new pricing structure that delayed our Oct. 1st price change.

The price will go up to $79.99 on Oct. 3rd.

Thousands of magicians, worldwide use Inject in every performance environment you can imagine.

Stage, close-up, cabaret, and TV ... the brilliant minds of our users have used Inject in all of these settings.

The reason why so many pros swear by Inject is because there's nothing to backtrack ... it really doesn't get any cleaner then Inject.

If you're looking for reviews, there are other threads on the Café that are filled with reviews and feedback.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Greg

Greg thank you. For your reply. I will have a look at the UK pricing in a moment.
Owen
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Owen
Thanks Greg! The possibilities are endless!
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
The price of Inject 2 has now been increased to $79.99

Thank you to everyone that took advantage of our introductory offer.

We have LOTS of exciting effects and features that we'll be announcing soon.

Inject is an ever growing utility that's fueled by the amazing ingenuity of our users.

all the best,
Greg Rostami
AmazingKeithy
View Profile
New user
Round Rock, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of AmazingKeithy
Hi Greg,

Just purchased Inject and excited to get started. I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere but can the Aronson stack be used in place of the Mnemonica Stack where needed?

Thanks!
Keith
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Been having fun with Cipher, but I NEED to get this ASAP !!
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Ok, just bought this. Is there a pdf download of the instructions ? Downloads of the Video tutorials ?... I went to the URL, but do I have to print this out ? No hard file copy ? Advise. Newbie here so I'm a tad overwhelmed having just installed this app.
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Are there any video tutorials of the Houdini effects ? If so, I can't find them. Thanks.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2017, AmazingKeithy wrote:
Hi Greg,

Just purchased Inject and excited to get started. I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere but can the Aronson stack be used in place of the Mnemonica Stack where needed?

Thanks!
Keith

HI Keith,
Thank you for your support.
You can use any stack you like in Inject.

If you edit the ACAAN preset, you can rearrange the cards to be in any order that you like.
If you need further assistance, please PM me here in the Café or email me at:
grostami@gmail.com

Quote:
On Oct 7, 2017, MitchC wrote:
Ok, just bought this. Is there a pdf download of the instructions ? Downloads of the Video tutorials ?... I went to the URL, but do I have to print this out ? No hard file copy ? Advise. Newbie here so I'm a tad overwhelmed having just installed this app.

Hi Mitch,
I'll PM you the URL to the manual now. When you launch the app, touch the "?" at the top of the screen. In the manual page, there's a Videos tab that shows both performances and explanations of 7 effects.

The exact instructions for the Houdini effect can be found in the manual under "Performing The Houdini Effect".

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

G Ro
AmazingKeithy
View Profile
New user
Round Rock, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of AmazingKeithy
Thanks Greg. I look forward to working up the ACAAN! - Keith
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Inject 2.0 is App of the Month on the World famous Wizard Product Review.

A BIG thanks to Dave and Wayne for their amazing review (click the link below to jump directly to the Inject 2.0 review):
https://youtu.be/7K9tSguPMPA?t=11m51s

SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I have inject 2.0 but can't seem to find the effect that was performed on the show?

Sleepy