The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Inject 2.0 - The impossible just got REAL!! (370 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13..23..33..43..50~51~52
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1538 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2023, lunatik wrote:
Can you go to Display and Brightness and set Auto-Lock to Never?

That should work. But, personally, I wouldn't like fumbling around in directories on a spectator's phone trying to find their settings app. Some people bury apps in folders.

I'm just sticking with prediction effects that won't accidentally show a screen update after the phone is taken out of sleep mode. But I am REALLY going to miss being able to safely perform YouTube Card.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
I’ve just tested and I’m getting about 25secs before the phone fully sleeps. Not sure if it’s different on different models with iPhone, but I was testing on a spare iPhone SE 2. Not ideal but if we can get the selection swiped within the 25secs that maybe the way to go for now and be conscious of it.
storm01
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of storm01
Can I please ask is this app still worth getting or is there something else out there better. I’ve read it’s a little outdated but still think it might be worth a punt ?
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1538 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2023, storm01 wrote:
Can I please ask is this app still worth getting or is there something else out there better. I’ve read it’s a little outdated but still think it might be worth a punt ?

If you educate yourself on exactly what is possible with Inject at this stage in the game, yes, I believe it is worth the purchase. However, it would be an understatement for me to say that I am disappointed that there hasn't been a fix for the spectator's iPhone sleep issue. We have to be able to prevent a spectator's iPhone from going to sleep to be able to smoothly perform several of the best prediction type of effects in Inject. At this point, I do not have confidence that it will ever be fixed.

Just be sure you KNOW what you are buying, warts and all.

Mark
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1432 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:

LOL!!!!! I just lectured at a club in the UK last week and performed one of my custom effects using Inject and they were gobsmacked!!!!! Total silence. When I asked them, who knew how it was done.... NOBODY DID. Indeed, many of them already had Inject too! It can do so much - along with iThump, they are my most used apps.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Pola
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Pola
Can I ask if the Google p**k method still working with the latest iOS update? I mean the method in this video https://youtu.be/BEBSqEdJZ3Q?si=MqofDYIiThFrw67t
My phone is an Android (Pixel 7 pro) and the spectator will be most of the time iPhone.
Thanks!
Ampa
View Profile
New user
A Cellar Vault in Berlin
63 Posts

Profile of Ampa
I've tried a couple of apps in the past that were later uninstalled, but I have to admit, this one is tempting. The positive reviews seem to speak for themselves. I'm going to get it and look forward to seeing how people react to it Smile
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1538 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2023, Pola wrote:
Can I ask if the Google p**k method still working with the latest iOS update? I mean the method in this video https://youtu.be/BEBSqEdJZ3Q?si=MqofDYIiThFrw67t
My phone is an Android (Pixel 7 pro) and the spectator will be most of the time iPhone.
Thanks!

The Google Image search p**k no longer works exactly as seen in that video. The URL that Greg has her go to (in the video) is no longer valid. The URL has changed. The method has changed a bit too.

But the end result is still the same. The spectator searches for something and you can reveal what they searched for WITHOUT touching their phone.

It is good that your spectators will be using iPhones (for this particular effect). The Google image p**k effect can sometimes have security roadblocks on Android devices (spectator's phone).

Mark
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2023, simplymagicweb wrote:
Quote:

LOL!!!!! I just lectured at a club in the UK last week and performed one of my custom effects using Inject and they were gobsmacked!!!!! Total silence. When I asked them, who knew how it was done.... NOBODY DID. Indeed, many of them already had Inject too! It can do so much - along with iThump, they are my most used apps.

Hopefully you will release some more of your ingenious routines for purchase in the near future; the ones that I own are superb.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1538 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
FYI, the prevent sleep (of spectator's iPhone) has been fixed. Smile

And there's also this:

https://youtu.be/QWN67a0D-B4?si=T_viKF_e6LFkVqz5

Enhanced Inject!

Mark
stansullivan
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of stansullivan
Can this trick really be done as it shown with Inject "All Cards Match" I don't see how? - I've ordered inject but not gotten the package yet.

https://www.google.com/search?q=all+the+......mh0,st:0
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1538 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On May 9, 2024, stansullivan wrote:
Can this trick really be done as it shown with Inject "All Cards Match" I don't see how? - I've ordered inject but not gotten the package yet.

https://www.google.com/search?q=all+the+......mh0,st:0

Yes, it can be done as shown. There is a little bit of chicanery going on when the deck is briefly out of view of the camera but it is NOT a deck switch.

All Cards Match is fun but I prefer the Magic Set preset. It's basically the same effect without having to go through each card one at a time, which can get boring.

I prefer YouTube Cards to both of them. You don't even need a deck of cards for YouTube Cards.

Mark