The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Inject 2.0 - The impossible just got REAL!! (370 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13..23..33..43..49~50~51~52 [Next]
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
The site warning message (which was mostly happening on Android phones) was with a previous Inject URL that is no longer being used. The dealer has outdated information.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
joogy
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of joogy
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2022, Magic Mark wrote:
The site warning message (which was mostly happening on Android phones) was with a previous Inject URL that is no longer being used. The dealer has outdated information.

Mark

Thank you for your help.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1432 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Sadly there is a bug which now prevents the editing of larger presets. I’ve rejoined the Facebook group as I hoped the answer would be there but since learnt that this was noted on the 24 September. There hasn’t been any further updates since sadly, but hopefully this will be resolved soon.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Talking about issues, those who are using the photo hosting site imgbb, are you finding any problems especially lately with photos pulling through? For example for a Houdini style effect when the image is thumped it comes up with a error and a blue square saying image unavailable. Same as if you had a photo album with the images saved on that hosted site, certain images come up as the error when scrolling through in your created album?

Thanks
boglled
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of boglled
Hoping to get in the facebook group soon.

Really wont do much with it until I can ask someone some questions like,

I purchased on my iPhone but, can I also use the android version or is that a separate purchase?

Can I change my user id more than once?
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1857 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
IPhone and Android use are separate purchases. User ID, I don't know.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Yes, you can change your Inject UserID more than once. But once you move away from the numerical UserID you were assigned to start with, you can never go back to that UserID nor can you go back to an all numerical UserID.

Mark
RobertApodaca
View Profile
Regular user
Henderson, NV
151 Posts

Profile of RobertApodaca
Is this up and running for Android/Samsung users?

Also, is there difference of buying this directly from app store or from a magic dealer? DVD instructions?
RobertApodaca
View Profile
Regular user
Henderson, NV
151 Posts

Profile of RobertApodaca
This app is dead?!
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Inject still works great for me. But I do Inject's prediction effects, not Google peek effects. I performed YouTube Cards twice this past weekend. Works like a charm and always has a killer impact!

Mark
Psychiac
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Psychiac
Out of curiosity, I just did the thing that Magic Mark doesn't do, and it was done.

Since this bit of the kit is not strictly dependent on device platform, the implication is that it is still "up."

If you have a specific issue/question, a couple of options could be PMing some detail here, and/or working it out privately with Mr. Rostami (his email address is in the Help section).
amccrawford
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of amccrawford
Is the Google peek not working? I have just purchased the app and am unable to make it work - don't know whether this is user error or a problem.
I am waiting to be admitted into the FB group
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
It is helpful when you clarify whether you are referring to regular Google Peek or referring to Google Images Peek. The two peeks use different methods.

Detailed discussion wouldn't be appropriate in open forum, feel free to reach out privately if you'd like some help.

Mark
RobertApodaca
View Profile
Regular user
Henderson, NV
151 Posts

Profile of RobertApodaca
Pity
amccrawford
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of amccrawford
I emailed Greg, who the following day sent me his phone number and, when I called him, talked me through my problem (which was a setting problem on my side). He also took the time to talk me through a newer feature where you can use it even if you don't have your phone on you.
Great service!
JD_UK
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of JD_UK
I've changed phone and inject has stopped working. I go to restore purchase but nothing happens. I've emailed Greg but not heard back. Any ideas please? Use to work well but now it doesn't even load up.
BAGWIZ
View Profile
Loyal user
San Francisco Bay Area
236 Posts

Profile of BAGWIZ
The issues people seem to be having with “Inject” are exactly what causes me to hesitate when considering a purchase of expensive magic apps and any app-dependent devices.

Here are a couple of my experiences.

Some years ago I visited Tannen’s and saw “ICube” by Hugo Shelley. It had just come out and I absolutely loved it, so I plunked down my cash and walked out with my very first bit of electronic magic. It was great and it worked reliably … for a while. Then Mr. Shelley updated the effect to “ICube 2.0,” which included a new app that did not work with the original product. Initially that didn’t bother me because the original app was still available on the App Store. Eventually though, the original app was no longer available or supported. I’ve continued to use the original app but since it’s no longer in the App Store, I am told that when I upgrade my phone I will lose access to the app. If this is true, my “ICube” will be useless once I upgrade my phone.

Also some years ago, I saw Max Krause perform his “Mental Killer” and I loved it so much I bought the app with customization and started using it in many of my performances. It is such a great app and the customization possibilities are endless. Tragically, Max passed away in a car vs. bike accident and for a time there was no one supporting the app. Eventually someone did take over and luckily the app still works … for now.

My point in all of this is that app-dependent tricks and their associated electronic devices, are only as good as their creators’ ability to continue supporting them. If those creators go out of business, stop supporting older products, decide to stop meeting the App Store’s seemingly ever-changing renewal demands, die or whatever … an expensive trick and/or electronics become worthless. I’ve got some incredible coin gaffs that were made by craftsmen who are no longer with us and those gimmicks will work perfectly well beyond my own lifetime. Not so with app-dependent electronics.

Then again, I suppose we’ve all been conditioned to accept the “disposability” of electronics in our daily lives. From TVs to watches, “smart” appliances to wireless speakers, computers, phones and all the rest, many of us simply dump our current, perfectly working models, as soon as a newer version hits the market. Maybe I’m just out of step and old fashioned in expecting app-dependent electronic magic to be any different.

But, as much as I’d like to own and experiment with “Inject” and other products like iThump+Toxic+ or the amazing products by Illumaniti, I lack confidence in their viability/sustainability over time.

I do, however, like using products such as Anverdi’s “Color Match,” which are not dependent upon any app at all. While I suppose one day Bluetooth may also become obsolete, that particular technology doesn’t seem as dependent on its creator’s own longevity.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Inject users should be aware that Apple has made some security changes to iOS version 16.6 (released in July). One of those security changes removes the ability for web pages to prevent the iPhone from going into sleep mode. Those who own Inject know that touching your prediction page (on the spectator's phone) to prevent the iPhone from going into sleep mode is an important feature in Inject. Well, if the spectator's iPhone is running iOS 16.6, that anti-sleep feature won't work. The iPhone will likely go to sleep and, when the spectator wakes the phone, the odds are high the spectator could see something they aren't supposed to see.

It has been proposed (in the Inject Facebook group) that instead of placing the spectator's iPhone face down on a table, it could be placed face down across the spectator's hand. The suggestion is that the touch from the hand will prevent the iPhone from going to sleep. I experimented with that and my iPhone (which is running iOS 16.6) went to sleep anyway.

Of all of the security changes implemented by ISPs and hardware makers that have thrown roadblocks in front of magic apps, this is the one that disappoints me the most. I don't use Inject for peek type effects. I very much prefer prediction type effects and, until this new security roadblock from Apple, I've been getting along fine with Inject. Now I'll have to be careful I choose a spectator with an Android phone. But how long before the same type of security change is made to Android?

To be fair, there are still several Inject prediction effects (including some from 3rd parties) that work just fine, regardless of the anti-sleep situation. But several of my favorites (such as YouTube Card and Magic Set) simply can't be safely performed when the spectator's phone is running iOS 16.6 (for fear they will see something they shouldn't).

I hope a fix can be found/implemented.

Mark
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
That is a great post Mark - thanks for letting us know. I was unaware of this so really grateful of the awerness. Hopefully like you said, a fix/work around will hopefully come to light. I’m not sure if an implementation in the app could over ride this - as previous from an app update this resolved the sleep issue.
Fingers crossed
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3222 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Can you go to Display and Brightness and set Auto-Lock to Never?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"