The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: SansMinds Magic :: Got Change? by Jason Yu (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Https://www.sansminds.com/product/got-change/

Very visual! However, it says at the end of trailer that there is a 25 minutes DIY time...

===

Ad Copy

Product Description
Magicians always imagine that they could use their powers to make every day tasks easier.
Consider the simple act of getting change. Imagine being able to make any bill from any currency instantly and visually change to coins of the same value…
Enter Got Change.
From the mind that brought you Imprint and Extract, this is Jason Yu’s latest creation. Got Change brings this power right to your hands. Easy to perform, impossible to discover, and ending with instantly examinable coins.
With something this powerful we only have one question…
Got Change?

What’s in the Box?
1 Got Change Instructional DVD
1 Gimmick material package

TV rights not included with purchase. Please contact SansMinds Magic for TV rights.
fcchief1
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
During the trailer the guy states "Easy to make? No" then goes on about how easy it is to perform. So that tells me at least they are trying to be honest and upfront about the arts and crafts part of it. Will wait to see what others opine before making any decisions on this one!
Rob_magician
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Rob_magician
I wish sansmind would do more of the "honesty hour"
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2497 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Wow, that looks good...I'm wondering if that black wallet or something like it is required, if it works like I think it does...the fact that it's Sansminds makes me hesitate...maybe will wait for reviews.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2017, dooblehorn wrote:
Wow, that looks good...I'm wondering if that black wallet or something like it is required, if it works like I think it does...the fact that it's Sansminds makes me hesitate...maybe will wait for reviews.

You wonder? Of course it's required!

The problem with these videos is you can't crush the black in real life to hide the gimmick. Their honesty should have also said: "Can it be done in bright light or the sun? HELL NO!"
Official Thread Killer
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3366 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I Noticed that also "Easy To Make " NO ... Forget it for me lol !
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney

Here are my "two cents" LOL
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Sansminds get a lot of hate, often deservedly so, but this is a killer if you don't mind construction and the limits in lighting. I really like Jason Yu's Imprint and Extract but a lot of people found them impractical and this is in that ballpark as well. Personally all three of these are my favorite releases from the company. This looks astounding when performed. Feels expensive for what you get though, as is usually the case with them. Overall for me personally this is one of my favorite releases of the year.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Not thrilled about David Kenney's review. This is one of those tricks that it's hard to talk about the problems without giving away secrets. However, it is important to know that you are going to have to modify your wallet in a rather strange way. In fact, there was no discussion about what is likely to be awkward in performance when people might ask about the "wierdness" of your wallet.

I bought this and was dissapointed. There is no way I am going to gimmick my wallet the way they teach. It would be like bringing a dog to a show and having people ask you "Why did you grow grass on your dog's back?" No, there is no grass growing on your wallet to do this trick,

This trick is three years old and if it's sales didn't seem to explode, maybe it's because of the awkwardness of what you need to build for this.