The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: Sylvester the Jester LIVE - Sunday, July 16, 2017 (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Dan announced that he has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease back in 2019 on his own Facebook page . As I understand it , it's been getting worse for him in recent months.

To say this is tragic is understating it. (don't get me wrong, it's tragic when this disease strikes anyone , but especially so for one of our most dynamic, original magic creators, cut down in his prime. Dan is only 61 years old.)
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Yes, I recall him mentioning that as well, but the latest information I have is that, due to the disease's progression, he will not be performing any longer.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
darrylrose
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of darrylrose
This is very sad news...
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Copyright on his website is 2023, any news about Sylvester?

Nm
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1387 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Just watched this lecture, and in light of his later Alzheimer's diagnosis, and it becomes obvious that this was the reason for a lot of the memory problems he was exhibiting during the lecture: forgetting what he had explained and forgetting to do certain gags during his act. He also said that his father had Alzheimer's, and this is frequently an inherited disease.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2023, magicnorm wrote:
Copyright on his website is 2023, any news about Sylvester?

Nm

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/N4C5BfK......d=xfxF2i