The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: SansMinds Magic :: Mind Invasion by Morgan Strebler... Awesome # (33 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Sounds like ac*d*s pl*s to me...
I've asked to be banned
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1602 Posts

Profile of Jared
Iain, not at all close to Acidus. As I previously noted, the spectator can write ANYWHERE on the business card Smile
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Quote:
On May 25, 2017, Jared wrote:
You aren't necessarily "hiding" the billet from view...What happens is that you are demonstrating to the spectator how you want them to hold the billet between their hands (very briefly). So yes, technically speaking it is out of view for a few seconds but if you do the move correctly then it should look like nothing has happened. Also, keep in mind that the business card is "folded" into quarters. From a layman's view point it should seem impossible to open a folded business card and get a peek just from the action of closing your hands around it for a few seconds.

Sounds exactly like Bullet Peek from Peter Turner book. Same actions, same criteria, same conditions. Maybe he updated the handling and gave it a new name, or just changed the name for marketing purposes... I hope that's not the case.

Quote:
On May 25, 2017, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2017, Stunninger wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2017, Jeff Wassom wrote:
This p**k may have been described in Peter Turner's Monthly releases (Billets) by Morgan. Bullet P**k?

In Peter Turner's Billets book, Morgan says the Bullet Peek is the only peek he has used in 20 years. So it would appear the Bullet Peek and Mind Invasion are one and the same.

If that's the case can't see any need to bring out another peek let's face it if this is the only peek he has used in 20 years

Why bring out another peek that he does not even use ?

That's exactly what I'm asking myself.
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3268 Posts

Profile of 252life
This really does seem within striking distance of Bullet
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
First time I bought something from Sansmind. Due to being a fan of Peter Turners work I purchased the billets volume quiet a while ago.
And I can confirm: it IS the bullet peek from Peter Turner's Billets! Don't know what to think about this, but this kinda marketing doesn't leave a very good impression to me!
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
TV Rights reserved? For a secret technique? Am I missing something?
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1602 Posts

Profile of Jared
Interesting...So who created it, Peter Turner or Morgan Strebler?
Dreda
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Dreda
Morgan Strebler, but he shared his peek in the Turner's ebook on the billets.
Magic Life
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Magic Life
Quote:
On May 26, 2017, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
First time I bought something from Sansmind. Due to being a fan of Peter Turners work I purchased the billets volume quiet a while ago.
And I can confirm: it IS the bullet peek from Peter Turner's Billets! Don't know what to think about this, but this kinda marketing doesn't leave a very good impression to me!

If its exactly same as bullet pe** from billets.
This is very marketing. They are really into making **** spoiling magic.

Bluddy hell
Magic.
Magic Life
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Magic Life
Morgan could release same effect with same name, what big loss would be.

Magic
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou

Guys can't Morgan release HIS effect in pdf first than in video second? Those who are visual learners appreciate the work being released in video format.

#MindInvasion #MindBlowing #UnbelievableDiscussionAtTMC
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Quote:
On May 26, 2017, Lseeyou wrote:
Guys can't Morgan release HIS effect in pdf first than in video second? Those who are visual learners appreciate the work being released in video format.

Agreed. No problem! But why would he call the same thing with different names, one for the PDF and one for the DVD? That's very misleading indeed. What if someone have the billets volume from Peter Turner and buy this expecting something different... personally, I think it's disrespectful to say the least.

In the common market, if you have a product and change it's name, no problem... people can see exactly what the product is, what it does, how it works, etc. That's not the case in our market... there's a secret to be kept and you will only know what you get after the money is gone. It's easy to understand why the change of name was malicious. Again, disrespectful to say the least.
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3268 Posts

Profile of 252life
Maybe Sans and Outlaw Effects will partner up one day.
They seem to have the same respect for the community....

252HighlySarcastic
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Magic Life
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Magic Life
@252life, It seems so, the way they are marketing badly false info like a beggar ( sorry but its truth).

Morgan should claim these stupidity.

Magic
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1602 Posts

Profile of Jared
It would have been nice if they referenced the "Bullet Peek" in the ad copy. I'm sure that most would still buy it to see the choreography and moves performed by Morgan. But SansMinds seems to care less about being honest and forthright. It's all about their bottom-line profit, which is not exactly a winning formula for fostering long-term loyal customers.
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
402 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Let's not quibble about a name change by a commercial magic company so that the product is more commercial. Many, many routines have been published previously before being released commercially under other names. Some you probably perform regularly. Though it would have been nice for Morgan to mention it's previous release, it wasn't necessary. It would have been more important if he had released it separately and under a different name, rather than a five page contribution to someone else's e-book series.

What should be the focus is this line from the ad blurb:
"A peeking technique like no other!"

Yes, this is a good peeking technique and it's certainly worth getting. The price is very fair for this. However, it's not quite original and definitely NOT "like no other"! The idea of a full card peek while the hands are in pocket watch position is not new. What's new is the technique in doing it and, really, we're talking only about what the fingers do. As an example, Richard Busch's Zen Billet (published in his PEEK ENCORES, which is now out of print) does the same thing but it's the fingers of the left hand that do the work. This is different from what Morgan uses. (Please note that my description of Richard's handling is quite vague and only specific enough to point out the difference.) Richard is only one. There have been a few others exploring this and, again, the only difference really being how that key "secret move" is accomplished.

I noticed some commenting about the move being too "talky." If you use the right weight business card and prep the card, as Morgan suggests, you'll find that it makes very little noise, if any, once you practice it a bit and get it down smoothly.

The bottom line is that this is good and certainly worth getting and learning. But Sansmind is out of their mind if they think this is a revolutionary idea and they shouldn't be marketing it as such.

- Jheff
www.MarketplaceoftheMind.com
Marketplace of the Mind PARIMENTAL, a 200 page exploration of a classic Martin Gardner principle, is now available!!
Magic Life
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Magic Life
Hi Jheff,

In simple words you mean that magicians here have to waste money for the same product.
We all know that many effects were released before like that, but it doesn't mean that its good to do.
There are several effects which has been released before with same name but promissing with more updates, strong touch on it.
That's what we support.

Magic
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
833 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
Quote:
On May 29, 2017, Magic Life wrote:
In simple words you mean that magicians here have to waste money for the same product.

The hand cover goes back to houdini and the fold has been used in other full peek such as pterodactyle : those full peeks are too close not to be credited :/

That said, that particular combinaison is original and probably the easier full peek of a folded billet that I know of.
Magic Life
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Magic Life
Quote:
On May 30, 2017, Nestor D wrote:
Quote:
On May 29, 2017, Magic Life wrote:

The hand cover goes back to houdini and the fold has been used in other full peek such as pterodactyle : those full peeks are too close not to be credited :/

That said, that particular combinaison is original and probably the easier full peek of a folded billet that I know of.

I guess you don't know and also didn't read the above post. The bullet peek from billets by Peter Turner and the mind invasion is exactly the same material, with same original creator but difference in product name.
Kindly collect info before pointing someone.
:)
Magiclife
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
833 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
I read it but thought you spoke about the reference to the zen peek (and other peeks) that Jheff made above your post Smile