The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: SansMinds Magic :: Mind Invasion by Morgan Strebler... Awesome # (33 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
If it works like the ad says I'm really interested.could someone please review the b****t peek ? Smile
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Thanks in advance I'm deciding to buy the dvd Smile
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Is b****t peek revealed in turner billet pdf? Smile
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1988 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On May 24, 2017, Stunninger wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2017, Jeff Wassom wrote:
This p**k may have been described in Peter Turner's Monthly releases (Billets) by Morgan. Bullet P**k?

In Peter Turner's Billets book, Morgan says the Bullet Peek is the only peek he has used in 20 years. So it would appear the Bullet Peek and Mind Invasion are one and the same.

If that's the case can't see any need to bring out another peek let's face it if this is the only peek he has used in 20 years

Why bring out another peek that he does not even use ?
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2842 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On May 24, 2017, pacozaa wrote:

Would you mind review "Bullet Peek" here?

The "Bullet Peek" uses a single business card folded into quarters, and provides a full peek of the card. Some will likely love it. I did not care for it at all, finding it to be noisy and the handling cumbersome.
Yuan Moons
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of Yuan Moons
There are only so many ways to do a peek. After that it's just variations and I suspect there'll be some buyers remorse.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Quote:
On May 25, 2017, Stunninger wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2017, pacozaa wrote:

Would you mind review "Bullet Peek" here?

The "Bullet Peek" uses a single business card folded into quarters, and provides a full peek of the card. Some will likely love it. I did not care for it at all, finding it to be noisy and the handling cumbersome.

Thanks
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3266 Posts

Profile of 252life
Thanks as well Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1602 Posts

Profile of Jared
I received this yesterday and really like it. The "move" is very bold but I'm convinced that this will totally fly by spectators. The advantages of this peek over others include: (1) No writing restrictions on the card. They can put their information anywhere on the paper. (2) It is excellent for low-light conditions because they can use a Sharpie.(3) There is no set-up other than bending a business card back and forth, which you can do in front of spectators.(4) The angles are excellent. The only place someone could see the work is over your left shoulder (assuming that you are right handed).(5)The peek is lighting fast and well covered under the motivation of showing the spectator what you want them to do. (6) Your hands are clean and empty throughout- no billet switches.

The boldness that I'm referring to is similar to Banachek's peek from his L & L videos. The method however is entirely different because the business card is folded and you don't need to be holding a stack of business cards.

If you read my posts you know that I cannot stand SansMinds. But I really feel this peek has merit and is something that I will use. Surely, we all have plenty of good peeks in our arsenal but from everything I've read and purchased this is quite unique. As far as the video production, the video length is short (maybe 12-15 minutes max), and they could have done a better job at showing the moves up close (slow motion would have been really helpful). I had to keep going back and re-watching it to understand exactly how to position my hands etc.

Lastly, expect to put in a little time with mirror and/or video practice to see how it looks and to smooth things out. The move looks best with a business card (but not too stiff). I tried it with a paper billet (Osterlind type paper) but it was too difficult to execute.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7574 Posts

Profile of RNK
Can anybody who has this and Docc Hilford's Switchblade peek compare the two and say if the methods are different for the peek? Docc's Switchblade uses a folded business card as well.

Thanks!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3255 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Hmm... with praise from Jared this has certainly piqued my interest.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1602 Posts

Profile of Jared
I have Switchblade by Docc Hilford but I like Mind Invasion much better. The methods are not at all similar. Docc's is a full read while this is a quick peek. While I think Docc's Switchblade is incredibly clever I rarely use it because it just doesn't feel "natural" for some reason. Maybe it's because I feel that I have to justify the folded paper with a story similar to his about passing information on matchbooks during the 80's. With Mind Invasion, you just fold a business card into quarters.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Good news Smile
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Must buy👍
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1602 Posts

Profile of Jared
One more important note about Mind Invasion...Depending on your business card stock you may not be able to perform this one on one in a quiet setting. If you have glossy stock cards then you may only be able to perform this in environments with a little background noise. The sound that you don't want the spectator to hear is that of opening/closing a folded business card. If I was in a quiet setting then I would opt for Banachek's solution or a suitable tear instead. But if you're in a bar or restaurant you'll have no issues with the possibility of slight noise.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Is the same move of turner billets?
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1602 Posts

Profile of Jared
I'm not familiar with Turner billets so I cannot comment or compare other than only one card is used with MI (no switches). Mind Invasion does feel very unique. But keep in mind that this will require practice to look as good as Morgan's. It's not knuckle-busting by any stretch but it does feel a little odd at first. The only advice I can offer is to try using a light touch...Similar to how you would approach an Erdnase color change.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Thanks a lot Jared I am waiting for the dvd.
I hope is not necessary to hold the hands like in phoenix peek or other and hide the billet from view.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
I prefer tearing but not hide the billet
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1602 Posts

Profile of Jared
You aren't necessarily "hiding" the billet from view...What happens is that you are demonstrating to the spectator how you want them to hold the billet between their hands (very briefly). So yes, technically speaking it is out of view for a few seconds but if you do the move correctly then it should look like nothing has happened. Also, keep in mind that the business card is "folded" into quarters. From a layman's view point it should seem impossible to open a folded business card and get a peek just from the action of closing your hands around it for a few seconds.

From the comments I'm reading...Some will like this and other's won't. It is the reason why I mentioned Banachek's peek. If you like his then you will definitely see some similarities in the ruse. If you don't like the Banachek peek then you should probably stay clear of this.