The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: SansMinds Magic :: Snag by Sansmind (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
975 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
I hope this is not a cheap knock off of the Regal Chain...promising otherwise if you can set it up on any chain.

https://www.sansminds.com/product/snag/

AD COPY

Ring magic has never been this intimate and powerful!

A presentation is always more captivating when the audience is involved. Many performers will ask spectators to sign a card, or put their hands together, but this trick will utilize one of the most sentimental pieces of jewelry people tend to wear. A ring!

We at SansMinds are proud to introduce Snag. An illusion from the mind of a rising star in the industry, Ben Howard.

With this trick you can borrow a ring from any unsuspecting passerby, make it vanish right in front of them, only to have it reappear, linked to your necklace! Making anything vanish and reappear is already a great trick in itself. Doing it with an item as personal as a ring? Amazing!

What’s in the Box?

1 Snag Instructional DVD

1 Chain Necklace

1 Gimmick Package

TV rights not included with purchase. Please contact SansMinds Magic for TV rights
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
"We can't show you the routine in it's entirety because then you'd figure it out and we'd never get your money"
Official Thread Killer
Magic Life
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Magic Life
Good job Ben Howard.
I think the method is really different from the last versions on market. Its pretty looks like some clever and easy idea is working because no full performance is shown. Any way I would really like to test this one.

it will be good one. I guess.

Good job Ben Howard.
Keep Going

best..
Magic
VMagical
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of VMagical
Yeah, I'd need to see the full routine.
I'll stick with Closure for now.
GAMJoker
View Profile
Loyal user
Bad language skills confirmed in
224 Posts

Profile of GAMJoker
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2017, VMagical wrote:
Yeah, I'd need to see the full routine.
I'll stick with Closure for now.

Same
Infographicmagicreviews
View Profile
Regular user
Nelson
137 Posts

Profile of Infographicmagicreviews
The thread should be call " Snag by Ben Howard" not Snag by Sansmind

sorry it is a pet peeves. I don't see why sansminds should take credit for the effect.

Very disrespectful on so many levels. IMO
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
975 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
^ it's only disrespectful if it was intentional. It wasn't.

Just an oversight on my part. Mea culpa.

That said, if this turns out to be a rip off of the Regal chain, then I disavow this post Smile
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2837 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
It shows a full performance on facebook.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Um, isn't there a full performance lower down in the product description?
BenHowardMagic
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of BenHowardMagic
Hi guys, Ben here!

Just wanted to pop in and say Hello! If anyone has any questions then I will be happy to answer them.

As for Closure and the Regal Chain, they are both great approaches to the classic effect, but Snag takes the practicality to a whole new level.

A full performance of Snag can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/hyLGu4au6sE

Thanks all!

Ben
Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Fero
I love the concept.... but still sansmind???? Well I think I skip it
Magic Life
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Magic Life
Hi Ben Howard, will it be good for walk around magician, to get reset time.
How is about Technically difficulty to get reset as fast we can?

Magic
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1486 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
This looks so unnatural pulling it out sideways from your coat after a fair bit of fumbling around
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have no idea of the method for this release, but I have been using a method that I created years ago after I purchased David Regal's Regal Chain and was not happy with the method. I would be willing to share the method as an easy do-it-yourself project for ten bucks. My method works very well, looks and feels very natural, and resets in a second. I will also throw in my favorite go to effect that I carry in my wallet all the time. PM me if interested.

KJ
Magic Life
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Magic Life
How much fast is the reset time?

Thanks
Magic
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2017, 1KJ wrote:
I have no idea of the method for this release, but I have been using a method that I created years ago after I purchased David Regal's Regal Chain and was not happy with the method. I would be willing to share the method as an easy do-it-yourself project for ten bucks. My method works very well, looks and feels very natural, and resets in a second. I will also throw in my favorite go to effect that I carry in my wallet all the time. PM me if interested.

KJ

Do you have a demo video?
BenHowardMagic
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of BenHowardMagic
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2017, Magic Life wrote:
How much fast is the reset time?

Thanks
Magic

Hi Magic,

Reset time is around 10 seconds. I, and many of my friends, perform this table hopping daily.

Thanks,
Ben
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Nice to see a complete performance, but I think I'm left with more questions. The angle is very far to the (useless) side on the reveal, so you can barely see it.

Will sticks his hand in his shirt (and fumbles) for 8 seconds. He starts to pull the chain out, pauses, then (maybe?) disconnects something at the back of his neck, and continues to remove the ring/chain.

There's literally nothing that convinces me the chain was ever around his neck, let alone clasped. At least with the Regal Chain, it's very convincingly shown that it's entirely around your neck as you remove it.

Are there any better presentations? Maybe one of the way you do it, Ben?
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
I'm very interested in this effect, honestly. If I'm not mistaken, the necklace is not gimmicked. The description says :

1 Chain Necklace
1 Gimmick Package

It's a little bit sad that this one requires 10 secs for reset. There is no reset in Regal's RRC. I know that in his performance video, David's performance is not very clean (in my opinion). I've seen the gimmick, and I'm pretty sure it's possible and easy to show the necklace being "closed" when displaying the ring on the necklace.

Anyway, I think Snag looks nice. I'm impatient to read some reviews.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3519 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Have to disagree with tonsofquestions. The full demo looks very convincing.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge