The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: 'Nothing But The Truth' by Craig Petty :: Craig Petty review show starts today (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17418 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
They're all the bloody same. Good review. Agreed as above. Please record on full screen and buy one of those roll-up back-drops. They're mega cheap but very effective. Keep em coming.

..and maybe a blood pressure checker .. Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
-Great to have Craig back. What is there really to complain about? It's a free show, and no one is forcing you to watch.

-Craig- if possible, I'd like to see a performance of each effect before the review.

- As for the trick, why not use both? I use KK's Money Morph, but would also like to add this to the arsenal.

Thanks again Craig. Looking forward to more.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2017, Tom Cutts wrote:

I do find that there are some gaping holes in your view on the product.

You say it doesn't fill a need, but you are wrong. There are tons of people who would love to do a bill sw!tch but are inept with that other thing you are talking about. This solves that problem for them...

Inept with a TT??? Really? A magician? I don't know what to say...

Doug
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2208 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Welcome back Craig.
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
Looking forward to the next one!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Good to have you back Craig. I missed your passion.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4544 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Craig, I love the no holding back honest thoughts about products, I especially enjoyed how you compared it to another product(s) that are far superior for workers. We need something like this in the community.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2388 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Seriously guys. Thanks so much.

I toyed with whether to do this for a while. I left the magic community for a long while and didn't know if I would be accepted back.

I want this to be very different to everything else out there. It's why I chose to film it outside of a studio environment. They are basically shot wherever I am when I have something to say. I don't want to churn stuff out that doesn't give value which is why it's not going to weekly. It could be daily, fortnightly. Whenever.

I'm just about to shoot something else now.

Once again thank you so much. All feedback is taken on board as this is something I want you guys to like which is why I am not affiliated with any magic shop. It wouldn't work if I was.

Craig.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2579 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I mIssed Craig rants! Angry guy reviews! Hehe...just wish there were more products in one show.
Yuan Moons
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of Yuan Moons
I thought it was a great start and will be looking forward to more episodes. Welcome back Craig Smile
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1002 Posts

Profile of NFW
Great, keep them coming....
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2388 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks everyone Smile
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Can't wait for the next one. Love Craig's style. Smile
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Will watch it later .

BUT GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK CRAIG. YOU TELL IT LIKE IT IS HA.

MIkKE DONOGHUE
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
I loved it.
Thanks Craig.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2388 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey Guys.

Thanks for the feedback. Episode 2 is now live. No magic reviews on this one - instead my thoughts on something that is a MASSIVE problem within the Magic Community at the moment.

Please let you know what you think. As you can see I am taking your advice on board - full screen this time!

Here is the link:

Episode #2 : Don't Do It!!!!!

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Craig
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Very true and helpful.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
LMAO!
I just saw someone doing just this. I was scared for them. I couldn't do it. Go do a gig the day before, or even a few weeks before without knowing or having a plan. But I've seen it in person and it's so bad!!!!

Great advice.
I hope those that need the advice actually see this.

Thanks again for doing this.
lumberjohn
View Profile
Special user
Memphis, TN
626 Posts

Profile of lumberjohn
Re: Episode 1. I have to disagree with Craig on this one. I don't think you can say that a product is selling out everywhere in the same breath as saying it solves no problem. If that many people are buying it, they think it serves some otherwise unfilled need. Craig claims it has no advantages over a $100 BS but I disagree. The $100 BS, as typically performed, requires quite a few steps and is quite fidgety. If performed deliberately, it takes around 30 seconds or so to complete and appears somewhat theatrical. Insta-Change happens in a flash at waist level. There are no fidgety moves and you can hand the bill out immediately.

I would see this as superior to the $100 BS for someone that likes to perform organic magic casually. For example, you walk up to a cashier, pull out a receipt, seem flustered since you meant to bring out a bill, and then immediately change it and pay. Insta-Change would be perfect for that whereas the $100 BS would seem a bit contrived.

I'm not saying that Insta-Change is better than the $100 BS generally. I think they serve different needs. Accordingly, I think Craig goes too far by claiming that Insta-Change is inferior to the $100 BS across the board, serves no purpose, and is completely worthless.
bluesmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of bluesmagic
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2017, lumberjohn wrote:
Re: Episode 1. I have to disagree with Craig on this one. I don't think you can say that a product is selling out everywhere in the same breath as saying it solves no problem. If that many people are buying it, they think it serves some otherwise unfilled need. Craig claims it has no advantages over a $100 BS but I disagree. The $100 BS, as typically performed, requires quite a few steps and is quite fidgety. If performed deliberately, it takes around 30 seconds or so to complete and appears somewhat theatrical. Insta-Change happens in a flash at waist level. There are no fidgety moves and you can hand the bill out immediately.

I would see this as superior to the $100 BS for someone that likes to perform organic magic casually. For example, you walk up to a cashier, pull out a receipt, seem flustered since you meant to bring out a bill, and then immediately change it and pay. Insta-Change would be perfect for that whereas the $100 BS would seem a bit contrive

I'm not saying that Insta-Change is better than the $100 BS generally. I think they serve different needs. Accordingly, I think Craig goes too far by claiming that Insta-Change is inferior to the $100 BS across the board, serves no purpose, and is completely worthless.

Exactly !