The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A tangled web we weave... :: Penguin Magic (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Hey All,
Anyone else having difficulty contacting Penguin Magic by phone or email? I sent them an email and it got bounced back. I assume they are still in business? Maybe just really busy? Great shop but seems they are tough to contact here lately. No issues, just curious.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2615 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I just made a purchase from their site the other day. I've never had trouble contacting them, but it generally takes a bit (Usually around 12 to 24 hours to get an emailed response)
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Ok cool!
zachwyman
View Profile
New user
Maryland
54 Posts

Profile of zachwyman
They have a live chat function and are open for a good majority of the day. Never had any issues with them.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Penguin Magic has always had the best customer service try the live chat you can get real time answer.
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
49 Posts

Profile of mandrax
They allways gave me the best custommer service in the magic shop industry. And yes live chat is so good to have immediate answers and help when needed.
dennye
View Profile
New user
Toledo Ohio
41 Posts

Profile of dennye
Not happy with Penguin Magic! Nobody answers the phone anymore so I did a live chat with a Magician and since he didn't know the answer, he gave me the wrong answer and then tried to sell me different products. I then downloaded Daryl's Expert Rope Magic and the link doesn't work. I purchased this a week ago and I can't even watch it. I left a message for them by phone 3 days ago with still no response. I called them back today and again no one answers. I sent them an email this time, waiting on a response. They used to be my favorite place to by magic and they used to take care of me but my days with them are now over!
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
I've had outstanding customer service in the past with them. They might be backed up or didn't receive your email for some reason. maybe try again? I'm not affiliated w/ them in any way other thaan ordering. $.02
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2843 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
In the past few years I've placed almost 100 orders with Penguin. Over-all, the experience has been outstanding. As soon as my order is placed, they send an email confirmation. As soon as my order ships, I get an email confirmation - including a link to watch a video of my order being packed! Very cool.

There was one order I was not happy with. One out of almost 100. When I brought my dissatisfaction to Penguin's attention, they took care of me right away.

Very impressed with Penguin's quality of service. They clearly work very hard at trying to ensure customer's are happy. I feel I can buy from Penguin with confidence I will get what I ordered, quickly and at a fair price. With a few exceptions, such as buying directly from a creator, I buy pretty much elusively from Penguin simply because I've had such a good experience with them.
RMV
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of RMV
My experience with Penguin has been very positive. The most unusual customer service was when I noticed a link to watch my package being shipped. There was a video of a mime showing my mailing label and then packaging my order. Wasn’t expecting to find this to be so fun, yet it was!
Oscar999
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Oscar999
I just checked my Private Magic Collection page on the Penguin site and counted well over a hundred orders as well. I've only experienced great service from them. And, I too like the videos of the "magic hands" packing my order and showing me the mailing label - I mean, who else does this???

L&L "used" to be my favorite, but they've fallen behind and let technology run right over and past them (IMO)...

Oscar
RMV
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of RMV
My experience with them Penguin has been very positive. I too enjoy the video of packing and shipping. It somehow adds to the anticipation of getting a new trick.

I have been to two of their live events and loved both of them. Hoping a Maxx event comes to the Pacidic Northwest!
Ubernutz
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Ubernutz
I've always had fast, reliable shipping and overall a great experience with penguin
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
I received a box from Penguin today. I've just noticed that their sealing/boxing tape is a ribbon spread of cards. Smile
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1349 Posts

Profile of imgic
A while back I used live chat and they actually down-sold me. Told me about a less expensive product that was a better fit for me
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
213 Posts

Profile of debjit
Penguin's Live Chat is available from Monday-Friday from 8am-4pm PST and they always reply in seconds.

Even Shaun who handles partner support is great and he made it very easy for me to add my product.
I recently got a Penguin Magitar too: www.penguinmagic.com/p/10638 Smile
frob
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of frob
I just had an excellent support experience at penguin magic, www.penguinmagic.com, regarding an item lost in shipping. The bubble mailer and even the packing slip arrived, but the item within, a wand, had slipped out of a torn corner. Penguin Magic replied to my email immediately, and not only did they replace the lost item, they even sent a video of the replacement being packaged for delivery. It was a magical experience. Smile
socalguy
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
51 Posts

Profile of socalguy
I have used Penguin for years, and they have always provided excellent service. Their mime magic hands video of the packaging of my orders never gets old! The Live Chat is the best way to contact them with any issues with an order. They can even track down lost instructions on older orders from the past.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Another big thumbs up for Penguin Magic from me! Their prices are good (usually the lowest available) and their customer service is excellent. A few times when an item from Penguin has arrived that was not exactly as described on the website or the item was broken they have immediately given me a refund, no questions asked ... unlike some other dealers who will stall and stall and stall ... very slow to respond to emails (or NEVER respond to emails) regarding problems with an order.

Penguin Sales and Tech Support always answer my emailed questions about items , usually within 24 hours, sometimes the same day, within hours. I appreciate the fast response and open communication. I've noticed that many magic dealers (who shall remain nameless) seem to have never adapted their business practices to take into account the retail world we live in now (a world dominated by Amazon.com) Communication is minimal or non-existent with some of these magic dealers. I won't name names (you probably know who they are), but some of these dealers seem to almost go out of their way to irritate and alienate their (former) customers ; it's as if they do not want my business! I've purchased items from some of these dealers and never receive a shipping update or tracking number. In some cases a week later if I can actually reach them on the phone I find out that my package hasn't even been mailed yet because they just haven't got around to it or they're "waiting to get the inventory in" ... if that was the case then they should not have had the item listed on their website if it was actually out-of-stock and/or should have immediately sent an email to let me know it was out-of-stock and back-ordered, instead of making me wait a week or two to find out the status of my order (only because I initiated the contact with them and requested an update on the status my order , instead of them having a customer service protocol in place that immediately notifies the customer if there will be a delay fulfilling the order.) Other times I have emailed some of these magic dealers to ask for information about a product to help me decide if it's something I want to purchase and I never hear back from them. Sometimes I'll email them two or three times , but never get a response. How do they stay in business ? (in some cases they don't ...)

Sorry for the rant , but this is really to emphasize why magic companies like Penguin Magic are successful and have won my loyalty.

maklakmak
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of maklakmak
I can't speak too highly of Penguin Magic. I live in the UK and when looking to buy a small item over here, I was not happy to find that postage would have doubled the price. Then, to my amazement, I discovered that Penguin were not only selling it a tad cheaper but offering free postage to the UK. I'll be honest I was sceptical but with little to lose, thought I'll give it a go. In the event, communication was exemplary and my purchase dropped through the letterbox just 13 days later!!!! WOW, I'm almost lost for words but suffice it to say I'll have no hesitation in buying from Penguin again.