The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Eric Evans Bill In Lemon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Hi all, I read that Eric Evans' destroys the envelope/bill without using fire or a shredder in his BIL routine. Can anyone tell me if he published this and where I could find it? Searches have turned no results. Thanks!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Eric Evans has damaged his knee and has a Go Fund Me page for this.

https://www.gofundme.com/ng940k

According to his promo video on YouTube, you can reach him at iconicmagic@gmail.com

If I had to guess, being a street performer he just tears the envelope up, and it is gone.
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Thanks, Bill. Sorry to hear about Eric's knee injury. I'll visit his site.

He actually uses some kind of liquid to destroy the bill, thereby ensuring it is destroyed/gone before it appears in the lemon. I just can't find where he published it.
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
668 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
Hi Christopher, the routine is published in my first lecture notes I believe, The Secret Art of Crowds and Power. I sold many copies over the years, surely someone has a copy to sell but I don't. I'm a street performer after all, unorganized as all get out.
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Hi Eric,
I don't know how I missed this post from you. I will search for your notes. Thank you for the information and my apologies for not seeing this and wishing you a speedy knee recovery!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2018, Christopher Moro wrote:
Hi Eric,
I don't know how I missed this post from you. I will search for your notes. Thank you for the information and my apologies for not seeing this and wishing you a speedy knee recovery!

I found it, did you get the book. $45 plus shipping, makes it difficult to invest in.

Did it contain what our were looking for, and does it work for you?
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Hi Bill! I couldn't find the lecture notes at all. I would love to get my hands on them.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
As Eric Evans posted, the lecture notes are long out of print, they turned into a book written by him and Nowlin Craver, in two parts. Read a review on the book, but nothing specific as to if there are any tricks given in detail, but only hinted at it. Eric hinted in his posts, there were other lecture notes that he produced as well.

Here is a review of the hard bound book.

http://weeklymagicfailure.blogspot.com/2......gic.html

Here is where you can buy the book. You might contact Eric Evens and pin him down that his Bill in Lemon is explained in detail in the book.

http://www.leeasher.com/store/books/secret_art_magic.html

This book takes the famous book, the art of war, and compares how performing magic and war are similar processes. Now I am only guessing, but there should examples in the book and hopefully one of those examples is the Bill in Lemon. This is what you have to find out.

I can't do any more for you, I got Eric Evans to post a response, found the book for you. Now the ball is in your court to follow through.

If you only want the original lecture notes, well that is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Post a request in the Let's Make a Deal section of the Café, and see if anything is offered.
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Thank you very much, Bill. I've purchased several out of print items by hunting around online, but yes, these particular notes have escaped my searches. If indeed as you say, "the lecture notes... turned into a book" then the search is over but I will check with Eric Evans. Thanks!
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Hi Bill, Eric Evans confirmed the trick is in the lecture notes, but is not in the book.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Thanks so much for getting back to me, much appreciated.
themaestro
View Profile
New user
TX
50 Posts

Profile of themaestro
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2017, Christopher Moro wrote:

He actually uses some kind of liquid to destroy the bill, thereby ensuring it is destroyed/gone before it appears in the lemon. I just can't find where he published it.

The method to destroy the bill tales from Alan Hayden's THE MIGHTY SILVER BULLDOG. In Alans
routine you are pouring acid into a tube where are the bill is to see if it is a real bill. then this green foam bubbles out of the tube.
Nowlin Craver
themaestro
View Profile
New user
TX
50 Posts

Profile of themaestro
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2023, themaestro wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2017, Christopher Moro wrote:

The method to destroy the bill tales from Alan Hayden's THE MIGHTY SILVER BULLDOG. In Alans
routine you are pouring acid into a tube where are the bill is to see if it is a real bill. then this green foam bubbles out of the tube.

Eric changed the patter so that it was fluid he got from the mint to test whether a bill was real from not.
There is crushed Alka-Seltzer and lime green Kool-Aid in the bottom of the tube and you just pour water in to make it seem like it's destroying the bill.
Nowlin Craver
themaestro
View Profile
New user
TX
50 Posts

Profile of themaestro
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2018, Christopher Moro wrote:
Hi Bill, Eric Evans confirmed the trick is in the lecture notes, but is not in the book.

Though not in the book, THE SECRET ART OF MAGIC which was long out of print is now available again in PDF form from penguin.
Nowlin Craver
themaestro
View Profile
New user
TX
50 Posts

Profile of themaestro
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2018, Bill Hegbli wrote:
As Eric Evans posted, the lecture notes are long out of print, they turned into a book written by him and Nowlin Craver, in two parts. Read a review on the book, but nothing specific as to if there are any tricks given in detail, but only hinted at it. Eric hinted in his posts, there were other lecture notes that he produced as well.

Here is a review of the hard bound book.

http://weeklymagicfailure.blogspot.com/2......gic.html

Here is where you can buy the book. You might contact Eric Evens and pin him down that his Bill in Lemon is explained in detail in the book.

http://www.leeasher.com/store/books/secret_art_magic.html

This book takes the famous book, the art of war, and compares how performing magic and war are similar processes. Now I am only guessing, but there should examples in the book and hopefully one of those examples is the Bill in Lemon. This is what you have to find out.

I can't do any more for you, I got Eric Evans to post a response, found the book for you. Now the ball is in your court to follow through.

If you only want the original lecture notes, well that is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Post a request in the Let's Make a Deal section of the Café, and see if anything is offered.

Actually, the book THE SECRET ART OF MAGIC came first and then the lecture notes THE SECRET ART OF CROWDS AND POWER.
The trick was actually Bill to Sucker Lime--not lemon.:O). And is just in the election notes, not the book.
Nowlin Craver