The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Changing a serial number (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicwolverine
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicwolverine
My friend purchased this from Max. We just looked at his computer. He still has the special font from the purchase, but the app you need is no longer there. He has all equipment and instructions from his sessions with Max when he purchased it. If anyone knows the family and wants to try reaching out to confirm that they are not interested it would be great.

The app was $400.00, so it would not be insignificant to the family if there was any interest and this could be resurrected.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2725 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2020, magicwolverine wrote:
My friend purchased this from Max. We just looked at his computer. He still has the special font from the purchase, but the app you need is no longer there. He has all equipment and instructions from his sessions with Max when he purchased it. If anyone knows the family and wants to try reaching out to confirm that they are not interested it would be great.

The app was $400.00, so it would not be insignificant to the family if there was any interest and this could be resurrected.

Not going to happen. They ARE NOT INTERESTED. They don't want to be bothered about it or magic.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
magicwolverine
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Wow, Steven...you went from "My understanding is they are not interested" to "They ARE NOT INTERESTED."

Down boy...
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2725 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
Wow, Steven...you went from "My understanding is they are not interested" to "They ARE NOT INTERESTED."

Down boy...

Sorry about being too strong. The family was approached right after Max's demise and expressed a lack of interest. There have been several attempts since and it seems to have gotten annoying. As magicians we don't always understand. If you're in the M.B.S Group there is an ongoing discussion about this. Its unfortunate the family doesn't share the same love we have for the Art.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
magicwolverine
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

No worries...

Is there a FB group for purchasers? My friend who owns it didn't know about it when I asked him.

Many thanks.
cviolette
View Profile
New user
Washington
73 Posts

Profile of cviolette
Not sure what Max's method was, I'm sure it was well-thought-out, but I've been changing serial numbers on bills for many years, for various routines I've worked on, the method I use is quite simple and doesn't require bills running in sequential order, I often use this technique when I make my own miss-made bills so the serial numbers in both corners match and I've also used this method for impossible locations, I cannot imagine paying 400 dollars for something that is very simple to do with equipment you probably already have.
Forza Azzurri
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Forza Azzurri
It's not unusual to just naturally get sequential serial numbered currency from either a bank teller or an ATM. I just patiently wait and over time have easily run across several sets of US 1$ bills with sequential serial numbers. I then scan in one of the bills to print out with the sole purpose of using an X-acto knife to extract out the reproduced single final digit. With a little patience and the tiniest amount of rubber cement I just paste the digit in the last place of each of the bills. I've ended up with several sets of bills with apparent identical serial numbers.
Forza Azzurri
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Forza Azzurri
An addendum to creating gimmicked bills by altering the final digit: I start with the gimmicked bill and end with the original bill from which I took the final digit. The original bill is what I hand out for inspection.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3218 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2020, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:

Down boy...

Sorry about being too strong. The family was approached right after Max's demise and expressed a lack of interest. There have been several attempts since and it seems to have gotten annoying. As magicians we don't always understand. If you're in the M.B.S Group there is an ongoing discussion about this. Its unfortunate the family doesn't share the same love we have for the Art.

Best

Steve

Who were the nitwits that thought it was a brilliant idea to bug his family right after he passed away? If I was the family, I'd just burn all of his works and tell everyone to get lost.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"