The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Changing a serial number (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
hnegash
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of hnegash
The name is escaping me, but who is it that has that expensive system to teach one how to change the serial number on a bill?

Thanks and Happy New Year,

Henok
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Do you mean to actually alter the SN on a bill (for later use)? or to "magically" change the SN?

The former is not that expensive to do, well I guess that's relative. Anyway Scott Guinn has a Bill in Lemon effect in his Great Scott its Magic (Trilogy), and he teaches a way to alter the SN.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Ian Richards
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of Ian Richards
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2017, hnegash wrote:
The name is escaping me, but who is it that has that expensive system to teach one how to change the serial number on a bill?

Thanks and Happy New Year,

Henok

Max Krause
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1121 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I've posted this before:

Draftsman before computers used Electric Erasers.

That will erase stuff off of a Bill.

Have a shot of JD so your hands don't shake and good luck writing
the number or letter back on the note.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2230 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Anyone know the font used on Us paper money?
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
340 Posts

Profile of dedikc
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
Shomemagic: I use Franklin Gothic 14. It's close enough that no one has ever noticed a difference. The color is a custom color. The only way I can describe it is: In Word bring up the custom color Hexagon. The color I use is one row higher than the widest row and 3 spaces in. It matches the bill pretty closely.

Hope this helps...Ted
Mentalism for the Metroplex
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On May 8, 2017, Neznarf wrote:
I've posted this before:

Draftsman before computers used Electric Erasers.

That will erase stuff off of a Bill.

Have a shot of JD so your hands don't shake and good luck writing
the number or letter back on the note.

An X-acto knife works just fine.

Also, Scott Guinn explains how to create duplicate SN's with just an X-acto, in his Bill in Lemon effect (in Great Scott it's Magic - The Trilogy). There are plenty of other gems in that book.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
That's it, just be careful you don't burn a hole through the bill.

Quote:
On May 29, 2017, dedikc wrote:
Neznarf, is that somethinf like that:
http://www.cultura.com/gomme-electrique-......cription

or this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017VT......90668011
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2230 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Thank you Ted...I have been looking but a bit worried about googling it. Don't need any black suits showing up at my door LOL
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2017, shomemagic wrote:
Thank you Ted...I have been looking but a bit worried about googling it. Don't need any black suits showing up at my door LOL

Get Max's system and be done with it. It's awesome.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
B.W. McCarron
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, WA USA
263 Posts

Profile of B.W. McCarron
A "typewriter eraser" works great, too. Those erasers have a bit of grit in them to basically tear away the top surface of the paper and ink. A little elbow grease goes a LONG way with those. Too much pressure and it makes the paper more translucent than the surrounding area.

A long time ago, I spent some time as a draftsman, and of course had an electric eraser. Worked pretty good, especially when using a metal "eraser shield" to protect the digits I wanted left alone.
Nottingham Magician
View Profile
New user
Nottingham
46 Posts

Profile of Nottingham Magician
Resurrecting an old thread but other than MAX KRAUSE'S MBS is there any other system available please? I am specifically looking for serial numbers on UK money only. Thanks in advance
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2018, Nottingham Magician wrote:
Resurrecting an old thread but other than MAX KRAUSE'S MBS is there any other system available please? I am specifically looking for serial numbers on UK money only. Thanks in advance

Don't think so. Contact Max, he is most helpful.

max@maxkrause.com

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Josh Burch
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Josh Burch
Since Max's passing has anyone else begun doing this?
trickymagic
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of trickymagic
Josh,
I've been doing a little research and Im unsure we can resurrect this software. I don't have it myself (kicking myself), but from what I gather, you can't even change what computer you've installed it on, because it serial number protected. Installing it somewhere else won't work without Max's help. I'd love to help resurrect this product, but I don't think its possible. I'd love someone to disagree with me.
Ezekiel Jump
-carpe diem-
magicwolverine
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicwolverine
Any traction with this? Would be amazing to be able to resurrect and share with Max's estate.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On May 16, 2020, magicwolverine wrote:
Any traction with this? Would be amazing to be able to resurrect and share with Max's estate.

My understanding is the heirs aren't interested in magic or pursuing any of Max's work.

Steve
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3221 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I wonder if they would entertain the idea of letting someone reputable in our community to take over Max's work?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"