The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: Favorite Impromptu trick? (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
I always have my ring on my finger so I do a version of the Ring Thing. There are other great ring moves that you can do as well. Lots of fun.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Pulse Rate
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4196 Posts

Profile of warren
Just lately for me it has to be DFB I've been having a lot of fun with this lately.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have expanded my "Never Was" approach with coins to many other objects besides a handful of change.

1) dump a pile of M&Ms, sugar cubes, dice, marbles, other candy, etc on the table or tray.
2) pick one up in each hand.
3) display that each hand holds only one object.
4) a spectator chooses a closed hand.
5) the object in that hand has vanished, the other remains.

The key sleight is "SwayOn" and special techniques "One of Many" and "False Anticipation."

can be performed naked. For me, this allows for determining the level of interest in magic and easy shift to "stop" or some other effect.
It is powerful enough to establish me as a magician and establishes patterns of hand movements useful if I continue.
The draw back is that it establishes a standard difficult to follow.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
LarryD
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of LarryD
I like Invisible Dice; no props required. However, it's best done for individuals who are at least 40 years old; younger than that often can't multiply a single digit by 5 without a calculator. Don't take this as a slam against their intelligence, they just never learned multiplication tables.
kebmo3108
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
115 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
One more vote for "Ash to palm" or "Double Cross" as it is called nowadays Smile . It is awesome that you don't need cigarettes anymore , just a sharpie. You can do the "ash to palm" trick also with lipstick (Gregory Wilson).

Check out John Carneys "Swing Blade" . You only need a knife and a piece of paper.
mysticmelville
View Profile
New user
Scotland
51 Posts

Profile of mysticmelville
If someone is "pushing me" for a card trick I let them shuffle the cards and really try and tailor the moment to the person. Talking about them and their interests (while keeping them shuffling. I find they will inevitability flash a card often the bottom one. From there I C......F.... that card. After that Its relatively easy to tie the story to them being "sensitive to the moment" or some such thing. Maybe the number of people watching the trick is the same as their card number. There are many possible outs if one is "open" to whats happening.
RMV
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of RMV
If I have a deck of cards I do Out of This World. Without the deck I do a coin through table or someone’s head, especially if a young person.
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
293 Posts

Profile of terrillific
A Pateo Force with multiple borrowed objects.
Paul24243
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Paul24243
A big favourite for myself is a shortened version of Coins Through Table by Slydini.
Paul Daniels perfomed the same version on his weekly show. Just borrow six coins and a ring and you have a winner.
Masterallen
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Masterallen
One of my Favorites is Accan
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
It depends upon the setting.
If seated and having something to eat, salt shaker through table. If standing or mingling around, if truly impromptu, it depends on what's around to make vanish. If I can do something that I have with me, Ultimate Positive Negative by John C.
If I'm with my grandchildren, it's... 'Here, pull my finger!' (just kidding, that was my grandpa's trick)
Shoreline99
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Shoreline99
Pseudo face-reading with billet peek.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7036 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Yank a Hank by Ross Bertram
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7036 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Observation Test- Lenny Greenfader, Apocalypse- Lorayne. (Gerald Deutsch's Perverse version)
Torqueroll
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Torqueroll
Three color Monte, as an eye opener.
Polish Prince
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Polish Prince
Kolossal Killer
A Magic Cafe User
View Profile
New user
Princeton, NJ
63 Posts

Profile of A Magic Cafe User
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2019, Torqueroll wrote:
Three color Monte, as an eye opener.

I agree. David Blaine has a good three card Monte with gim*i*k*d cards, so I also keep them on hand.
- Just my humble opinion

The more you know, the more you know - Brainpop
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
My favorite is the Magic Square as taught in In Plain Sight.

Dan.
magicianbrady
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of magicianbrady
Stigmata by Wayne Houchin, Social Prediction by Debjit Magic and DFB