The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: MINDvention :: Great time at Mindvention 2016 (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13001 Posts

Profile of John C
Yes, as I sip on my second bloody Mary in the Las Vegas airport I reflect on what a great time I had at Mindvention in Vegas. Visited with all my magic Café buddies including Eric Samuels, Jan Forester, Christopher Taylor, Greg Rostami , the guys from promystic, mindpro, George Hunter, Bret Barry (thanks for the seven pad) ... Met one of my idols Rick Maue, and met some new folks as well.

Of course I walked away with some great new items including the fabulous Larry lock, routines from Ted karmolovich, and a cool secret die from promystic. Not to mention Michael Weber's latest and greatest Truth or Lier and Crazy. Truth and lier was my best overall purchase.

Don't pass this up next year.

As Rick always says "Keep the change!"

J
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Hey John,
Great seeing you again!

I had a blast! THere was a really wide variety of lectures and performances. definitely something for everyone.
David Gerard's lecture was outstanding and John Archer - both his lecture and set during the Masters of Mentalism show on the final night, were (alone) worth the price of admission!

Hope to see even more people there, next year!

e
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Oops, I missed another one.
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2316 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2016, eSamuels wrote:
Hey John,
Great seeing you again!

I had a blast! THere was a really wide variety of lectures and performances. definitely something for everyone.
David Gerard's lecture was outstanding and John Archer - both his lecture and set during the Masters of Mentalism show on the final night, were (alone) worth the price of admission!

Hope to see even more people there, next year!

e

And the MC of the show did a great job!

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
609 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
I agree Christopher... Eric Samuels did a great job as MC and it was a wonderful final show.
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
982 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Eric did a great job as the MC!! Mind Vention was another outstanding one. Great lectures, great new products and always a blast hanging out with fellow mentalist!
Seeing John Archers lecture and performing was the highlight for me!
He puts so much focus and detail in every effect he does. He is funny, brilliant and one hell a nice person!
Keep your eyes on the forum I know of at least three new tools coming out very soon. One of them I got and I highly recommend it!
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Even though my time there was short, it was great to see everyone!
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5935 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Good times, good food (I have my secrets), good wine (brought it), great friends, and some great presentations!
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
I was only there for the last day, but it was so nice catching up with old friends.

all the best,
Greg
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
It was great to see so many friends and meet some new ones at this years' Mindvention. Thanks to Brett for the Sven Pads, and thanks to all who attended my lecture and workshop. Danny did a great job and welcomed some new ideas and approaches which I hope were appreciated by attendees. It as a fun event.
MT
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of MT
Can someone explain what Larry Lock is?
Also, what were the new items Michael Weber sold?
Or any other new items worth knowing about?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4201 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
13001 Posts

Profile of John C
M Weber sold a few items. Crazy a cool little replay of the die in the plastic tube. I was sucked into also buying promystic die in order to perform the extra bonus routine.
And
Truth or liar a cool little liar test where upon the spec selecting a brass chip you know instantly if they are to lie or tell the truth.

Both very good items.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2020 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
The actual name of Weber's effect is The Truth. You perform it with one to three people, who take either the "Truth" brass token or the "Lie" brass token. You have a way of knowing which token they took and, from a couple of yes or no questions, you can infer which person has the token, in which fist. It was my top purchase at this years Mindvention. I don't think it was new this year; I believe he offered it last year too.

John C., it was great to see you as always. I was looking for you the last day, for us to do a meal; I was even primed to pick up the tab but, alas, did not see you.

George
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4201 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Why didn't you invite me then Smile ?
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
larry33
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of larry33
Where can we find Weber's new products?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
13001 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2016, larry33 wrote:
Where can we find Weber's new products?

Find Weber..
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
13001 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2016, George Hunter wrote:
The actual name of Weber's effect is The Truth. You perform it with one to three people, who take either the "Truth" brass token or the "Lie" brass token. You have a way of knowing which token they took and, from a couple of yes or no questions, you can infer which person has the token, in which fist. It was my top purchase at this years Mindvention. I don't think it was new this year; I believe he offered it last year too.

John C., it was great to see you as always. I was looking for you the last day, for us to do a meal; I was even primed to pick up the tab but, alas, did not see you.

George

2017 I will take that meal and we will invite Mr Jan.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4201 Posts

Profile of JanForster
John, I love you, not only for that Smile
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2020 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Agreed, John, Jan, and George will do a meal at the next MV.