The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Catch this if you can! :: Begging resources (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Hello all. I juggled once upon a time as a clown youth. I got down the cascade and two in one hand, both hands. I recently picked it back up and can do the previous plus start with one in left two in right, throw one in left then both in right, then begin cascade. Be doing a cascade then throw right and left at same time and resume. About 6 throws in a shower and am working on the box. I was wondering what material I can get that will help me keep advancing. Looking at The Complete Juggler but also wanted some videos
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

That should read begining
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
Renegade juggling has many great dvds including one on basic ball juggling. If you're interested in contact jugging, you can't go wrong with my Visual Encyclopedia of Contact Jugging which I sell on my site.
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Lol. I actually got that from you for my wife. She loves it by the way and says the teaching is top notch. Shes already got a basic set of moves she strings together and is 3njoying it immensely. She wants me to thank you and recomends it to everyone interested. This is actually what rekindled my interest in juggling. We both agreed I wouldn't practice contact juggling so there isn't competition
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of gallagher
"The Juggling Book", by Carlo.

I sometimes get laughed at for saying this,
but,
I still consider THIS,
the best Juggling book out there.
A great learning source.
A great learning method.
(a nice book, as well. 🙂)

have a nice day,
gallagher
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Thanks Gallagher I'll check it out
Winston Newman
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
25 Posts

Profile of Winston Newman
There's a fella I found on youtube called Niels Duinker, he has a bunch of tutorials and they are top notch in my opinion. Not sure how advanced they go as I have only recently started juggling, but probably worth checking out because they're free.

Cheers, Winston.
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
The IJA (and their videos)
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
Thanks kyoki. Sorry I didn't recognize your username but I'm better at remembering the actual names of those I sell videos to. I'm glad your wife is enjoying the DVDs, they represent about 15 years of my life. Was the .pdf I sent by email clear enough? It's a complicated move and it was real hard to diagram. I know it's probably going to be a while before she can tackle it, but it's one of the moves that I came up with the I'm real proud of. It's kind of an underground move, I didn't teach it to many and I had recently come up with it when I shot the DVDs so it wasn't quite ready to show, though I could have taught the move just fine since it's mostly an addition to the three ball flyaway which I taught on the videos it just adds another move to the pattern enabling you to add a fourth ball.

And again, I'm always available to answer questions and give tips. Teaching long distance is hard but I'm willing to give my input.
Matthew Olsen

Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Thanks for the offer, I'll let her know. I think that move may take awhile to become within her grasp. It's interesting watching her learn. She hasn't practiced a skill like this before. She stopped for four days and didn't realize she would lose some of what she had worked for
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
Yeah, especially when you're starting out it's a bad idea to not practice for even a few days. Though I've found that twenty minutes to an hour of practice a day can at the least help you maintain what you've learned. When I started out I didn't practice a ton and progress was slow. Of course at that time there wasn't anything published on the subject and all I had to go on was that little scene from Labyrinth. Once I found the James Earnest book and a copy of Michael Moschen's performance video I stepped up my game and practiced for several hours a day. At my height I was practicing about four to six hours a day total. I had to break it up throughout the day because it wears you out after a while. Basically I always carried at least one ball with me and practiced whenever I had down time. I was practicing palm spinning to the point of pain at least until I built up the muscles in my wrists, which I don't recommend by the way. It's better to work until you're starting to get fatigued a couple times a day until your muscles build up enough to where you're not getting tired quickly.
Matthew Olsen

Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
Also try your local juggling clubs and conventions.
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Veteran user
Randolph NJ
322 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
Speaking of local juggling clubs, any of you who are in the North/Central NJ area are invited to come juggle with our club, the Jersey Jugglers. We meet most Tuesday nights at an Elementary school gym in Morris Plains NJ. www.jerseyjugglers.com for more info
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Hello all,

Just got back around to this part of the Café. I ended up learning enough to get in trouble with but never put it into practicr. I found this site very helpful.

http://libraryofjuggling.com/Tricks/4bal......wer.html