The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ever so sleightly :: Brett Sherwood (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Joe Brewer
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Joe Brewer
Nice selection of balls as well!
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
325 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
This may be a difficult question to answer but I'm torn between the standard and midi engraved set. Can any of you describe the various characteristics in your hands and recommendations for various settings? I'm just trying to get a feel for my first purchase of these beautiful pieces. At the investment I May not be able to get another in the future, but just one.......
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of Leo H
The midi is a smaller set. It depends on what size you're looking for. I suppose the midis would work best in more intimate close up settings.
Darcy Brown
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
60 Posts

Profile of Darcy Brown
The standard are small enough to be perfectly suited to intimate close-up performances, while at the same time playing very well to larger audiences. Close-up, they look perfect; while for parlour or stage audiences they are also striking and visible, with a great presence.

I cannot comment on the midi, although I don't think you'd have the same flexibility. I have owned and worked with a standard size All Silver Engraved set for 8 years. Functionally they are extraordinary: they "fit" the hand, with a weight that makes many sleights feel effortless. Their elegance and beauty also inspire one to continually refine and rehearse, in order to do them justice!

Ultimately, however, I suppose it depends whether your preferred routines utilise cups of midi or standard size.
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
290 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
If I would go back and do it again, I'd probably do with a standard sized engraved chop for my first sherwood purchase. So beautiful from up close.
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
325 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
ThNks so much for your guidance
medievalmagician
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of medievalmagician
I've made my first purchase of a set of Brett Sherwood combo cups, Antique Copper and Bronze. Would love to get the engraved set one day. Brett has been very communicative and provided great advice. Can't wait!
Nosslrak
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Nosslrak
I'm not directly happy with the "Brett Sherwood Quality Hallmark on Each Tip". On the cups he has hidden the "quality hallmark" inside the cups where no one will see it, as it should be. But putting them on both tips is just way too visible. As if you're using someone else's wand.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
But it says "BS". Surely you can use that for material Smile
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Brandon G
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Brandon G
I'm currently waiting on my Sherwood cups to be delivered. Tracking hasn't updated since January 25th, when the package was 'On its way to Kennedy, New York.'

Seems to be a pretty typical thing with Royal Mail, but what is annoying is there's no way to know when they're going to be delivered so that I can be sure my wife or I am there to sign for them.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2204 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
You may want to check with Kennedy. They are notorious for sitting on things. I had my Sherwoods 5 days after I paid Brett for them.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Brandon G
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Brandon G
Wow, seriously? Thanks for the heads-up Mad Jake. I'll contact them ASAP.
medievalmagician
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of medievalmagician
I received mine about 7 days after receiving the email with tracking information from Brett. Shipped to West Coast Canada
Brandon G
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Brandon G
Unfortunately after getting in touch with the USPS, Royal Mail, and the US customs office at Kennedy, nobody can tell me where the package is.

I've e-mailed Brett and am waiting to hear back from him.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2897 Posts

Profile of Tom G
If I remember correctly Brett does ship his packages insured.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2204 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I have a web address you can check the tracking number through. It was just given to me by some one in Italy who is sending his cups to be engraved an silver plated. I'll go look now, the site may be able to help
you.

Jake Jr.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2204 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Found it.

https://www.poste.it/cerca/index.html#/

If this can't help, I'm sure Brett can trace it from his end. He might take a few to get back to you since he travels a lot doing his show, but I'm sure he will reply to you as soon as he can.

Jake Jr.
Brandon G
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Brandon G
Thanks but unfortunately there's no information there. The package is insured so we'll be able to take that route if it never shows up, but for now I just have to wait and see what happens. If by the end of the month it hasn't arrived we'll pursue reimbursement.

What's frustrating is that Royal Mail continues to say that the info on the USPS site (Origin post is preparing shipment) typically means that the package was accepted by customs, which to me sounds like a load of garbage. Just means that it was getting ready to ship to the US. USPS has no record of ever having received it, and US customs says that it would have to come via the USPS to get into their possession. So All I get when I pursue it is a bunch of agencies all pointing fingers at one another.

Sorry to hijack your thread Mad Jake, but thanks for the concern.

To anyone who reads this and wonders, Brett has been very communicative and has always replied to my e-mails. I had heard he had good customer service and for what it's worth he is working with me on this.
Brandon G
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Brandon G
Well, after nearly a month in Limbo (through the fault of the USPS) I finally received my cups from Brett and I must say, I love them!
WisMel
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of WisMel
You have dome "Cadillac" cups! Enjoy!