The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: The Lipscomb Box (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JH5magic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of JH5magic
Curious if any of the Café members own or know anything about this box? How does it differ from an Okito box and would you recommend it? It seems unusual in that it comes with chrome plated English pennies.

The link below calls it "The Okito Box on Steroids!"
http://www.magicinc.net/lipscombboxbymagicinc.aspx

Thanks in advance for any comments.

John
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hey man! It’s honestly a very clever and unique coin box. And I just recently found a small quantity of them that have been sitting in a magic shop for over 30 years! They have been unavailable for a couple decades.

https://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/produc......-box-set
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
dfolson
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of dfolson
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2021, Nathan Kranzo wrote:
Hey man! It’s honestly a very clever and unique coin box. And I just recently found a small quantity of them that have been sitting in a magic shop for over 30 years! They have been unavailable for a couple decades.

https://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/produc......-box-set

Nathan, My order arrived today. I am very pleased with it and I intend to play round with it the next few days. The machine work is top shelf. Great find!
jjshriver
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of jjshriver
I don't post much but I wanted to say thank you to Nathan. My Lipscomb Box came today and I couldn't be happier. The box and accessories are great and you can't beat the price. Thanks again.
Still lurking after all these years.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
750 Posts

Profile of karnak
From someone unfamiliar with this item: might it be seen, in its nature and working, as kinda sorta similar to an Okito box with a JG Thompson coin?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
dfolson
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of dfolson
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2021, karnak wrote:
From someone unfamiliar with this item: might it be seen, in its nature and working, as kinda sorta similar to an Okito box with a JG Thompson coin?

I would say that you are wise indeed - ain't no kinda sorta about it.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
If you watch the video Nathan posted on his site, he goes through exactly what you get.
There are a few major differences from the JG Thompson coin:
1) Rather than a traditional Okito Box with a small lid and a large box, the lid is as large as the box. so you can flip the entire thing over (secretly) and no one will be the wiser. This is different from the more common Okito box where you can flip the box over, but then the coins fall out (good in some circumstances) as the "lid" must stay on top.
2) A coin similar to the JG Thompson coin is included, as you might expect. This is great for some appearances/disappearances - especially in conjunction with the box flip, but you could similarly imagine wanting to have something where flipping over does not make the reverse appear. A piece comes with the set to allow just that, as well.

If that was too vague, just go watch the video. He talks about it in much more detail, and I'm trying to prevent too much exposure here.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2356 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
I just picked up one of these boxes (tho missing the coins and tube).
Anyone have the instruction sheets they could send?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4248 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Tried to send you a PM but your box seems full.

Quote:
On Mar 23, 2024, inigmntoya wrote:
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2356 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
I've cleared some space but also replied to an old pm to conserve pm slots. Smile

Quote:
On Mar 25, 2024, Chessmann wrote:
Tried to send you a PM but your box seems full.

Quote:
On Mar 23, 2024, inigmntoya wrote: