The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: Best, easy tricks from a shuffled deck in use? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Magicfish the two card monte that David blaine performs is gaffless.

Kieran
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7036 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2019, magicman29 wrote:
Magicfish the two card monte that David blaine performs is gaffless.

Kieran

I believe you may referring to David Blaine's performance of Eddie Fechter's Be Honest, What is it? Which is indeed gaffless. Two Card Monte, however, requires gaffs.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Yes you are correct about the proper name being "Be honest, what is it?" by Eddie Fechter and that Two card monte requires gaffs.
Back when David Blaine performed it on his 1st tv special he called it the two card monte and since then the name has kinda stuck. From what ive read it was Paul Gertner's handling of" Be honest, what is it? " that David performed. Also read that the same type of routine can be found in Ottokar Fischer's Illustrated magic.

Kieran
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
213 Posts

Profile of debjit
2 card monte, Triumph and just mindreading with a force
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7036 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2019, debjit wrote:
2 card monte, Triumph and just mindreading with a force

2 card monte requires two gaffs.
sgiandubh
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of sgiandubh
3 card monte no gaff cards no duplicates
Silversleights04
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, Texas
184 Posts

Profile of Silversleights04
Route 66 by Alvo Stockman is my go to. I don't especially enjoy his presentation style, but the effect and method are so *** solid. If someone hands me a shuffled deck and wants a quick trick, this is usually first and if you want it leads nicely into a sandwich routine.
-Magic sees Magic-

-Marco V-
thekillingjoke33
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of thekillingjoke33
Triumph (I prefer Joshua Jays Version of Back in Time), an impromotu OOTW with the setup done in the first phase and C3
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Rodeo
View Profile
New user
BC, Canada
51 Posts

Profile of Rodeo
Triumph, Ambitious Card, Biddle Trick, Gemini Twins, and Fred at Any Other Name.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Many great tricks have been mentioned.
There are two card tricks I go to when asked to do something with their cards.
1)Dedtiny by Phil Goldstein/Max Maven from his Green Book (also in FOCUS)
2)Fragment by Michael Murray
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
*Destiny (not dedtiny)
peirceman
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of peirceman
Based on the suggestions here, most decks are new and shiny!! My experience, unless it is my shuffled deck, most decks laying around are old, dirty and sticky. Last thing I would want to do is any sleights requiring spreads, get readies, f**se shuffles, etc. My go to effect with a crappy, sticky deck, is Out of this Hemisphere by Harry Lorayne. Also, tons of reveals after using the cross cut f**ce.
Andrew Aspen
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Andrew Aspen
Friendship Game by Larry Hass is pretty strong and practically self working.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
The old Circus Card Trick is easy enough to do from a shuffled deck, but what I like about it is that as per your abilities, you can do the basics of it in several different and magical ways. The more you get good with the tricks basic working, the more possibilities in presenting it. For instance, I present the old trick as a piece of mentalism, instead of using the old sucker move. It makes it a lot more magical, and helps make a decent-at-best coin guy look like a pretty darn good card man, and a better all around closeup performer ta’boot!. 😊

But again, it’s a pretty easy card trick to learn and do, but it will grow with you, if you let it. 😉
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
planneroftowns
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of planneroftowns
I like Paul Gordon's "The World's Most Incredible Card Trick" - there is some counting but it's plausible and part of the patter.
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
See link below for what is titled (on YouTube) the "Easiest Card Trick Ever," while the performer in the video himself refers to it as "The Power of Four." You could easily vary it a little by doing it with 3 cards or 5 if desired. It's a fave of mine with any borrowed deck in any condition--even an incomplete one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzjhcfVvWRA
Never try to teach a pig how to sing. You will waste your time, and it annoys the pig.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3877 Posts

Profile of Julie
U.F. Grant's Nu-Way Out Of This World is hard to beat...

Julie
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
With my disabled hands I have an excuse to attempt a shuffle, make a mess of it, and have someone else do it.
I palm off the top card for a peek and then can do a dozen different tricks as it is returned:

locator card for a random choice, being 'one ahead', a slip force, etc.

if you can't do difficult sleights anymore, use artifice instead.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7036 Posts

Profile of magicfish
S/H/F Killer - Lorayne