The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Once upon a time... :: Storytelling Magic Book List? (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3530 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2020, weirdwizardx wrote:
And for the ones that want to experience Neil Gaiman then read The Sandman!!

Or NEVERWHERE, or AMERICAN GODS, or THE GRAVEYARD BOOK, or... Come to think of it, I don't think I have read any of his books that I have not liked.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2615 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
He creates a very realistic urban fantasy world. There's been one or two things I was a bit "eh" on but those were oddball short stories that aren't his usual style.

Personally American Gods is my favorite fiction book and I read it about every year (author's preferred text).
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
Is a joy to read NG one feels dreaming.

And American Gods reminded me of Supergods by Grant Morrison (another awesome writer)
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
793 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Hi, I’m looking for a card routine based on a famous story which starts by Magic saved my life, don’t blame, don’t....a story on how magic can save us and bring the best of us.
Does anyone can help me with the source of this please ?
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
Is it like the one where a soldier was arrested when they thought he was playing cards in Church - he proved the deck of card was his only Bible, like 52 cards = week -365 pips= days, Ace was God, Deuce was 2 parts of the Bible, Trey was Father,Son,Holy Ghost, Ten was 10 Commandments - etc - Title of the (SONG) was DECK OF CARDS - by T.Texas Tyler - a famous Western Singer ?? Ralph(russo) Rousseau