The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Floating Table Question (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
I'm considering buying a Losander Floating Table. I was thinking of getting a used one, but now I'm thinking of getting a new base model. Since he offers the ability to trade up & not lose the investment price. My question is for anyone who has examined the differences between the models. Do you think I will be happy with the base model? I'll have a difficult time affording anything else, honestly. But, what are the differences that separate the models from a $700 table, to a $1500 table, and then a $2500 table? What separates theses models by a thousand dollars?
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You can read all about them at www.losander.com . Of course there are differences, from just added esthetics to make it look better and not so bare to a little box, that is extra that allows you do an no hands floating table. It is like buying a car, higher price with more features. They all do the same thing, take you from point A to point B, but the ride is more important to some people.

Honestly, if you cannot afford it, then don't buy it, and take care of family, retirement, and savings. If your show money is not extra income, you can reinvest in magic props, and you need the money for necessities, then just concentrate on being a better performer. No trick will make you a better magician, just hard work and performing often. Invest the money on getting more shows.

If you can reinvest, then use the money from shows to buy your Losander table. Save it up and when you get the price buy the model you have saved for.

Otherwise, whip out that credit card, that is what they are for, buying things you cannot afford. The banks tell you it is convenience, but it isn't really. It is to get your interest money. They hate when people pay the balance in full every month.

That is my advice.

One last important thing, if any other magician in North Carolina is performing the Floating Table, then don't buy it, you show should be very different then anyone else's material a person can hire. Why, because instead of people coming up to you and saying the Floating Table was wonderful, they will say, last year, we had a guy doing that table thing.
Pirouz
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Pirouz
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2016, Tony Thomas wrote:
I'm considering buying a Losander Floating Table. I was thinking of getting a used one, but now I'm thinking of getting a new base model. Since he offers the ability to trade up & not lose the investment price. My question is for anyone who has examined the differences between the models. Do you think I will be happy with the base model? I'll have a difficult time affording anything else, honestly. But, what are the differences that separate the models from a $700 table, to a $1500 table, and then a $2500 table? What separates theses models by a thousand dollars?

Tony,
Sorry, I don't know the differences either.
Pirouz
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of thomasR
What you are paying for is the look of the table. All of the Losander Tables work and handle the same way. The first table looks the most simple. But they all look like wood side tables... so it's not a huge difference. For me personally, the Eclipse looks better, but not $1,400 better.

Floating Table can get an amazing reaction for a trick that packs flat, and needs no special staging. It's really hard to beat. I would recommend buying a new one, so you can trade up if you ever want to.

Is the gravity box still available? I don't see it mentioned on the site currently.. but maybe I'm just missing it.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I am sure Losander would be very happy to discuss the differences, just give him a telephone call. He makes them and is the salesman as well. Everyone that has contacted him said he was very helpful.

Only Losander knows why he charges what he does for his products. I don't think that is a question anyone can answer.

Call up the president of GM, and ask him why their cars are priced so high. Can they justify the prices. I think you would only hear a click. I needed a screw for my car, went to the dealer, they wanted $13.00 for one screw. So I went to the hardware store, got the same screw for 8 cents. Go figure.
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Found out that the anti-gravity box comes standard with Losanders base model now, now $700. So, ordering from him has the advantage, even though you have to deal with 4 weeks while his father can make the item in Germany. Plus ordering from him gives you the upgrade discount.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Oh wow... Gravity box comes standard now!? That's good to know.
I think the wait is worth it, you'll get a brand new table and the chance to upgrade in the future.
Pirouz
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Pirouz
It's great to buy from the creator.
You encourage more ideas. They should profit from their ideas.
And we have access to more options.
Pirouz
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
They all seem to be very well made , Personaly I use the Welling Magic table
To me it looks like a Rewal Table .

M123
Doctor Zolar
View Profile
Regular user
El Paso TX
151 Posts

Profile of Doctor Zolar
Are there any "mechanics" inside the Anti Gravity Box ?
Like gears, levers, etc. ?
(other than a piece of metal or a "M" in the bottom.)
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2023, Doctor Zolar wrote:
Are there any "mechanics" inside the Anti Gravity Box ?
Like gears, levers, etc. ?
(other than a piece of metal or a "M" in the bottom.)

No gears or levers. If you're a professional magician, a serious buyer , if you're actually ready to purchase this item, I suggest you contact Dirk Losander directly. You will find him to be most helpful and forthcoming about anything you need to know before you purchase it.