The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo Elite :: Our Newest Tenyo Elite Item (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Email sent today about some issues as well Smile
aechecop
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of aechecop
I do have some issues with mine that arrived 2 days ago. Will contact Tenyo Elite to get it rectified.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2020 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
My set came in the mail delivered on Wednesday. The props, containers, and instructions all merit the "Elite" name in this line of Tenyo products.

In comparing it with my Fortune Sticks (my other Tenyo Elite mentalism kit), Match Sticks is indeed less dependent on the spectator recalling and following instructions. Like Fortune Sticks, Match Sticks has some performance constraints, but different constraints. For instance, with Fortune Sticks the performer needs to get close to the spectator and there has to be adequate overhead lighting. I have not yet performed Match Sticks, but it is apparent that this effect can have angle issues; no spectators could be at all behind, or nearly behind, the performer.

These are both worthy additions to one's closeup mentalism set. As with a number of effects, one goes with the ones in the given situation for which the conditions are conducive to performance.

Recommended.

George
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
I sent Peter a PM regarding my set.
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

I just wanted to chime in here and help Peter out. Just so that there is no misunderstanding, Peter is ONE of the THREE partners on the "Tenyo Elite" project....The two others are myself (Jason Palter), and Steve Brooks.....Actually our company that has the worldwide exclusive licence from Tenyo is called "JPS Magic Studios". It stands for "Jason Peter Steve" (yeah, it took us about 38.26 seconds to come up with that clever name. lol).

Peter has been so good about keeping up with this thread, and I wanted to make sure that he doesn't get all the blame (or the all the credit! LOL!) for any issues that a few of our customers may be having. So Peter, Steve and myself are all equal partners in Tenyo Elite, and run this company out of love for the Tenyo products, and an interest in releasing some really cool stuff for you guys! Please be sure to send any questions or thoughts to sales@tenyoelite.com

Our last 3 releases (Zig Zag Cigarette, Ultra Tube, and now Match-Sticks) were all made by hand out of wood. In the case of the Zig Zag Cig and Ultra Tube, there are no screws or nails---the tolerances are so fine and the entire thing is held together by glue and pressure!!

As Peter mentioned, because these are all made individually by hand, sometimes there may be some defects, and OF COURSE we will be sure to take care of that if there are any problems. But more to the point, something to keep in mind is that wood is a natural product, so there is bound to be some variances in colour and the grain. Some of this can be compensated for during our manufacturing process, but some of it simply cannot be changed and that is what makes wood WOOD, if you catch my drift.

Anyhow thank you for all of the feedback, we are so sorry that there were a few disappointed customers (we are working with them now to rectify the situations), and really appreciate all of your support and encouragement.

Thank you for your time,

Best regards,

Jason Palter
"The Tenyo Elite" team
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2020 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Jason:

Thanks for filling us in. Best as I can tell, you three guys do a splendid job.

George
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
For a trick like Match Sticks, maybe wood was a poor choice of materials due to the variances. My suggestion was brass.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Are we talking about discrepancies in surface patterns here? Just wondering if this is the proverbial and cliché "Why run if you're not being chased" scenario? Will spectators even notice such subtleties without even knowing what to look for?
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2020 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Ideally, we are managing the performance so that the spectators will not be looking for anything, NO heats on the props. While that is an ideal, we can often reach it by just performing as though it isn't about the props at all but about (say) mind-to-mind influence.

George
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2016, Richard Kaufman wrote:
For a trick like Match Sticks, maybe wood was a poor choice of materials due to the variances. My suggestion was brass.

I have to agree...

My personal choice would have been anodized aluminium...

Quote:
On Feb 13, 2012, simcoscor wrote:
I would like T-126 MATCH STICK Elite, made of the same material as Fortune sticks : aluminium, blue and red (with contrasting white numbers), even with black tips (just like FS), and also with its nice leather carrying pouch... Simple to produce for the Elite team, probably not to expensive ($100 retail?), would'nt look like a toy, and a great companion to Fortune sticks! What do you think? Smile
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Has this issue with the wooden sticks been resolved by now? As in: when someone buys this item as of september 2016, can she or he be sure all wooden sticks are perfect for the performance of this effect?
JimW
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of JimW
I'm still waiting for a replacement match stick for my set.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
It's going back a ways now, but I think we had about 6 people that had complaints with their sets out of the 50 units we sent out. We replaced the ones that had defects and refunded the other customers that we could not satisfy. I am unaware of any unresolved issues. So Jim if you were supposed to get a replacement set and didn't, please send a note to the company email address, and we will be more than happy to help you with the issue.

Killertweety, I believe we are sold out of these now.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
I just bought 1 from the site Smile . It's not a return right? Can't wait to get, it looks cool Smile .
JimW
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of JimW
I sent another email last week but I'll send another one with more detail. I just need one stick replaced, everything else looks great.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
What was/is the issue with the sticks?
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hi Jim, I am told you sent an email back in June, and you offered to send us a picture of the defective stick, we replied and said that would be helpful, but we have yet to get a picture or further response from you. So if you can get back to us, we will be happy to get you a replacement.

That'sCool, sorry as I mentioned above we are sold out, So a refund will be issued. Sorry for any confusion.

Best wishes,
Peter
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
I am confused.

It said in stock and processed my order. 1 of the sticks and 1 of the second run Zig Zag and you refunded for both just today. Why on the Zig Zag?

I also emailed about second run for Ultra Tube which I missed the first time. Hope you got it Smile . Thanks.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2016, that'sCool wrote:
I am confused.

It said in stock and processed my order. 1 of the sticks and 1 of the second run Zig Zag and you refunded for both just today. Why on the Zig Zag?

I also emailed about second run for Ultra Tube which I missed the first time. Hope you got it Smile . Thanks.

Tried to delete above after speaking with Jason but system wouldn't let me. He explained both items had 1 left and sold out. Darn. Good thing is it shows how great your items are Smile .
JimW
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of JimW
Sorry, I've been out of town so couldn't reply as soon as I wanted to. I sent a picture, but I'll send another one tomorrow. Thanks for following up, I appreciate it.