The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Table hoppers & party strollers :: What are your favorite mentalism effect to perform table hopping? (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2544 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Thought this might be a fun thread. Please share your top effects and a link to where to learn/buy them.

P.S. Mental Magic is also accepted.

Mine are in no particular order:

BIP Book Test - http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S5529 (when done with multiple spectators in rapid succession, this thing kills)
Blindsight - http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S8416 (you don't want 2.0 for table hopping, you want the original)
Free Will - http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4207 (for the money, this is hard to beat)
Multi-Dimensional - (will skip the URL on this so as not to give too much away)
Psymbol Minded by Mark Strivings - No longer available but similar to Director's Cut ( http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S10729 )
mixman
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Colorado
294 Posts

Profile of mixman
Inv deck is a natural. I also have Kolossal Killer ready in one wallet. Another one that I really like is to borrow 3 different denomination of bills (when possible),
and use the Mullica section of my stealth assassin wallet to determine which bill is selected. Easy to do and many times I get some of the money as a tip.
William Dee
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of William Dee
The Becker coin purses are a great walk around set, the presentation using the "bill" on the DVD plays very well.
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
I don't do much mentalism walkaround, but the few effects I do do are:

-Ultimate Flashback (riffle book, spec remembers word, read mind)
-Peek Card Mind Read (riffle deck, spec remembers a card, hand them the deck, read their mind)
-Assertive Positive Negative (3 coin heads or tails prediction)
-iAdd a Number (add a number using someones iphone)
-Animental by Danny Archer
-21st Century Phantom

A great one is to force a card on a spectator and get another spectator to read their mind and tell them what card it is (tell the spec ahead of time what card to say), this is great especially if there are children there and you can have the son read his dads mind

I've recently bought Rock Paper Lies but haven't tried it at a gig yet
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2544 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2015, Chamberlain wrote:
I don't do much mentalism walkaround, but the few effects I do do are:

-Ultimate Flashback (riffle book, spec remembers word, read mind)
-Peek Card Mind Read (riffle deck, spec remembers a card, hand them the deck, read their mind)
-Assertive Positive Negative (3 coin heads or tails prediction)
-iAdd a Number (add a number using someones iphone)
-Animental by Danny Archer
-21st Century Phantom

A great one is to force a card on a spectator and get another spectator to read their mind and tell them what card it is (tell the spec ahead of time what card to say), this is great especially if there are children there and you can have the son read his dads mind

I've recently bought Rock Paper Lies but haven't tried it at a gig yet

I do animental quite a bit as well, but mostly for families. How do you do 21st Century Phantom without leaving a trail of pieces all over the floor behind you? Thanks.

-Paul
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
I use the following:
Fair Play
Powerball 60
100 Names
Psypher
Mental Epic with business cards
The Grail
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7576 Posts

Profile of RNK
Salt by Paul Carnazzo is fantastic! Mind reading with my homemade svenpads, very powerful! Sometimes use Docc Hilfords switchblade method for mind reading. Powerball 60 is also good. And lastly, Visionary By Steve is great! Actually Visionary 2.0 cards are great to! Matt Mello has some fantastic stuff- Imaginary Ball, Pulse Rate, and one other that which the name of the effect is slipping my mind, but the spectator "Hallucinates" and thinks he/she sees a drawing on a blank card, then you go on to reveal what the spectator thinks he/she saw!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
bentleymagic
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of bentleymagic
I'm a big fan of 'Just Imagine' by Jay Sankey as its so easy and gets great reactions. Also doing an add a number prediction with a borrowed phone.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Palm reading ending with a revelation of a thought of name.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Power Ball 60 gets my vote.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I use apogee by Chris Taylor as a final closer, it just fries people and you leave them in total awe.
It is amazingly simple to use it works flawlessly. You can be completely hands off never touching any of the products. They can be handled freely as well.
I also do some sort of borrow 20 and most recently I've been using the Xpert. I usually work in AP quality with the name revelation. If you on the informant wallet by Bobby Motta, The way he reveals the thought of name is so clever and simple yet the reactions are enormous. As for the wallet itself I'm on the fence one part of it with the black Angelo's works amazing the other part is a little sensitive.

Dave
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I just read my post above and realize that it makes little sense . I have to thank voice to text on my cell phone while driving for that.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
You know, sometimes the classics are very powerful.
For an easy but great effect mental manipulation.
But when you have the time to gear up then knowing what someone has weather you're using a die or 5 colored chips is also great.
But a lot if the E tricks also eat up time.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2544 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
What about book tests? I really enjoy the BIP 2.0. Anybody else have any book tests that are suitable for table hopping that they recommend?
bentleymagic
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of bentleymagic
I love Nick Einhorn's 'Thought Extractor'. You can borrow a book and also do a drawing duplication with it as well..
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3667 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I see BIP 2.0 is pocket sized but how do you borrow a book Table Hopping?

-Mary Mowder
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Kindle?
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3667 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Who would trust a kindle book used in a Magic trick?

-Mary (if I can't smell the book, it ain't a book) Mowder
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
"Whispering Die" Richard Osterlind
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Not a Kindle book. The Kindle app san access many books of your choice.