The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Knots and loops :: TABARY : just with a rope! (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicrope
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of magicrope
With a single rope....!!!
https://youtu.be/3CAWG2RqAio
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5446 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Very elegant and lyrical!! It was poetry with a length of rope. I love watching you work!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17418 Posts

Profile of joseph
The best...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I ran across a listing that looked like a new rope routine from Tabary. Wonder if this is the same as posted above. Does he have a new rope video out. I cannot find the listing now, forgot what website I seen it.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5446 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Bill, You might just PM Magicrope since he is Tabary! He lists his email as: francistabary@wanadoo.fr
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Harry, His website through me off, as it mention his art work and nothing about magic or ropes.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I was wondering because of this video a member posted of Tabary doing something different in a small office.

Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5446 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Bill, I'm confused (not unusual giving I'm an old phart!) but the video you show is exactly the one posted in the OP and that we are commentting upon.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Harry, I'm an old fart too. All I was wondering if he has a new DVD out.

A member by the name of Joseph posted this video previously.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=9
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5446 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Same link as above. I get that someone keeps posting the Tabary link, including the man himself!! It is a elegant handling. I don't know if Tabary has put out a new video on his rope magic and I don't know if this nice routine is included. What I recommended was that you PM or email your question directly to Tabary. If he has put out a new video he would probably answer and offer to sell you one or link you a site that sells it.

You can link the video again if you want. I don't get tired of watching it. LOL!!
Bodgit
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Bodgit
I'm with you there, Harry. I've spent a fair part of today with the video "looping" on a second monitor.

The performance, for me, has all the elements that make a great street/busking routine. Visual, easy to follow, excess pared away to display apparent simplicity.

I'm hoping that this is essentially the "One Rope" routine from Tabary's Fantastic Rope Magic by Kris Carol Production[La Magie des Cordes].

Google shows a few French companies stocking it and, I believe, one Japanese [?].

I hope to hear more about it from the man himself, and will share what I can.
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
That was very nice. BTC3 rope would work perfectly for this routine.
BaronianTrading.com...your #1 source for magicians' rope.
Bodgit
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Bodgit
I recently received Tabary's Fantastic Rope Magic by Kris Carol Production[La Magie des Cordes] from a French company.

It is a wonderful DVD, well shot, constructed, and edited. There is a staggering amount of material.

The routine Tabary has kindly shown here is an improvisation on the "One Rope" routine taught, at a different pace and somewhat abbreviated.

All the methods and transitions are demonstrated on the DVD.

Dedicated in memory of his friends JACQUES, PIERRE, ALDO and PAVEL this has become one of my favourite perfomances.
magicrope
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of magicrope
It's my best "one rope" routine: no preparation, no gimmick, no angle, just pure magic !
https://youtu.be/a6DqMIFg_8U
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
What a beautiful effect so graceful.
Bodgit
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Bodgit
It's wonderful magic.

I can't praise the DVD enough. The performances, training, and production are of the highest quality.
Steen Nielsen
View Profile
New user
Denmark
33 Posts

Profile of Steen Nielsen
I agree. This is visual magic at its very best.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2015, Bodgit wrote:
It's wonderful magic.

I can't praise the DVD enough. The performances, training, and production are of the highest quality.

Is the DVD either French and English, or else taught so that language is not a problem?
Thank you
Steen Nielsen
View Profile
New user
Denmark
33 Posts

Profile of Steen Nielsen
The Kris Carol dvd is taught without speech so language is not a problem. Titles in the menu seem to be in French only, though. At least I haven't been able to switch them to English. But that is not a big deal. You will be able to navigate anyway, and everything is shown very clearly.
magicrope
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of magicrope
Titles in the menu seem to be in French only, though. At least I haven't been able to switch them to English. But that is not a big deal. You will be able to navigate anyway, and everything is shown very clearly.....

No !!! In French, in english, in german and in spanish !!!
Tabary