The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Pardon me, sir... :: Silverware put pocket (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to pick/put pocketing. I'd like to find material about loading silverware in a volunteer's jacket. Seems that I saw something on this years ago but can't recall where. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thank you.
Brett
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Brett
Hi Michael,

I'm sorry no one has entered a response here, so I'll give it a go. As far as technique, I'd handle silverware like I would, perhaps, a pen, pencil, or glasses in a jacket pocket. Outer pockets are going to be easier, inner pockets not too tough. I've never seen anything on put-pocketing silverware before, so that's my 2 cents. Hope that helps somewhat!
kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
437 Posts

Profile of kris attard
The topic of planting silverware in someone's jacket and producing it during the show was addressed in the Eddie Joseph book Body-loading and Productions. Out of print but a good read if you can find it. I think shaking someone's jacket, whether they're wearing it or not, and a load of silverware clatters noisily to the ground is hard to beat for comedy, I used it for years in my cabaret act which included pickpocketting. Cherry on the cake when you then pretend to read the name of the hotel from one of the spoons.