The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Table hoppers & party strollers :: Double Cross by Mark Southworth (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mich77
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mich77
Quote:
On May 29, 2018, magicmarc wrote:

also if theres any way to obtain 'cheaper' refill ink cartridges? (is there anything special about these invisible ink (dry erase) maker cartridges...

Hi, interesting question. I think that not all the dry-erase marker work in the same way. I used my Double Cross 10 times maybe and now it doesn't write anymore because the cartridge is dry.
So, I like this trick, but I used very rarely. I can't spend $25 everytime for a refill if it happens so often.
I'll appreciate any suggestion.

I found 2 ways to revive it, now I have to try.
Meanwhile, I share what I found

Method 1:

Wikipedia had an awesome simple trick that really works!

-Take long piece of string or yarn ,about 2ft. in length, and tie one end around your marker towards the back end.
* make sure to tape it down so the marker won't fly off and it something or somebody.
* also make sure the marker cap is on securely as this could cause ink to splatter if it's not.
– Then hold it above your head and swing it around like a lasso for about 1 to 2 minutes.
– Then take off the cap and write.

Method 2:

Refilling via syringe the cartridge with Whiteboard/Dry Erase Board Liquid Cleaner that is Isopropyl Alcohol, the same liquid that is inside the marker at the beginning.
If anyone do that... be careful!

If you have other ideas, please share
Bye.

Michele
sillymagician
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
72 Posts

Profile of sillymagician
Here is my review of Double Cross.
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
102 Posts

Profile of How
Highly recommend double cross with overlayed app. Great way to incorporate the phone and photos.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1999 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I am patiently waiting to have enough money to order this Double Cross Holder from The Mind Hacker. This solves the problems I've had with Double Cross and this item will likely bring DC back into my performing rotation.

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
102 Posts

Profile of How
If you are not utilizing double cross with the overlayed app you are missing out! Smile
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1999 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
A quick search didn't reveal much. Can you provide a link?

Quote:
On Feb 19, 2024, How wrote:
If you are not utilizing double cross with the overlayed app you are missing out! Smile
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1349 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quick google came up with this for Overlayed

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/overlayed/id1662541756
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."