The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Oldies... but goodies! :: Ted Lesley's mind controlled glass! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MASA
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of MASA
Hello,
I have Ted Lesley's mind controlled glass.
However instruction paper was missing...
Does anyone have the complete instruction paper?
Please help me!!
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2015, MASA wrote:
Hello,
I have Ted Lesley's mind controlled glass.
However instruction paper was missing...
Does anyone have the complete instruction paper?
Please help me!!

I don't know of a Ted Lesley effect called "mind controlled glass" . There are two effects in Mr. Lesley's book Paramiracles which I think would fit the description of a "mind controlled glass" -- "Mind of Meniscus" (hydrostatic glass) and "Mind Bender" (visible self-bending wine glass) Which one do you have ?

You can purchase Paramiracles here : http://www.hermeticpress.com/product_info.php?products_id=21

MASA
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of MASA
David,
Thank you for your kind information!
I mean his hydrostatic glass.
It was sold as mind controlled glass.
I will check the book.
MarkToland
View Profile
New user
Chicago
35 Posts

Profile of MarkToland
MASA - It's definitely in "Paramiracles". You'll love the book!
Mind reading Web Series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxXGYrmekzI

Member PEA
MrKen
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of MrKen
Where can you buy Ted's mind controlled hydrostatic glass?
MrKen
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of MrKen
Is this still available anywhere?
JCISBACK
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of JCISBACK
Any video clips on this effect being performed by Ted Lesley?
paul180
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of paul180
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2SE30WHUJo not sure if this is what your looking for but....
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a foolish man can learn from a wise answer.

Attributing negativity to a topic or post doesn't make the topic or post negative,
it shines a light on the negativity of the person or persons, making the attributions.

BEWARE these Debbie downers and anything they say. They simply lack the self esteem or good will, to be positive or productive. Your belief in self, is more
important and is all that matters, for your success to be glorious.
JCISBACK
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of JCISBACK
That looks neat. Good video clip.

Thanks Paul for proving the source link.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2015, MASA wrote:
I mean his hydrostatic glass.
It was sold as mind controlled glass.
I will check the book.

Quote:
On Sep 11, 2017, paul180 wrote:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2SE30WHUJo not sure if this is what your looking for but....

That video clip is his Mindbender effect , not the Mind Controlled Glass. Two different effects. The Mind Controlled Glass/hydrostatic glass was a marketed effect. Mind Controlled Glass - https://www.magiccollectibles.com/produc......lable-2/

There is also a hydrostatic glass effect in his book Paramiracles using a LARGE wine glass. It is called 'Mind Over Meniscus'. I think that one was also marketed. The distinction is that in Ted Lesley's 'Mind Over Meniscus' a spectator holds the inverted wine glass by the stem with the suspended water and the water gushes out of the wine glass while it is held by the spectator, not by the magician/mentalist.

David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
There is a rather casual performance (he calls it a "first rehearsal") of Ted Lesley's Hydrostatic Wine Glass that Paul Daniel's posted on his YouTube channel 10 years ago - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enw3Gk0lw54

Frankly, with all due respect to Paul Daniels (and I do deeply respect him) this is a pretty rough demo. He admits that and cautions the viewers (probably mostly magicians and magic fans) to never perform something like this for real without adequately rehearsing it. Paul performs it alone , leaving out what I think is the main attraction of the Ted Lesley version, which is that a spectator is holding the inverted wine glass by the stem when the water gushes out. I think this video was shot at a time when Paul Daniels was selling off a lot of his accumulated magic props, so this may have just been made as a quick demo for potential buyers so they could see the prop in operation.

Paul added this NOTE to his video: