The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: 2 Person Telepathy :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Trevo91
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Trevo91
Hey Guys and Gals, I have been reading lots of material on 2 person telepathy and I wanted to know how many of you out there perform a 2 person telepathy act? I know of the Evasons, Brian Gillis & Sisuepahn, Danny Orleans & Jan Rose. Also how do you feel modern audiences feel about this kind of act?
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I've seen this act kill time and time again. I've known Brian & Sue for many years now and they will devastate the audience. I've also been around them in just normal life situations and they still freak us out.

I can't count how many times I've visited them and something like this will happen: Brian and the rest of the group are sitting in the living room. He'll have someone pull out a bill from their own pocket. He basically says something like, "So you want to use that one? Good. Sue!" Now Sue has been easily over 10 yards away, in the kitchen, with a half of a wall between the group, and she hasn't stopped washing a dish or cutting some food... she immediately calls out, "I smell a ten dollar bill... and the serial number is AA 233566..." and so on. It's freaky to watch.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
I think these acts are terrific and there is definitely room for more of them, especially outside the US where they're virtually unheard of.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I have always wanted to do this type of act. The problem was finding another person who was willing to learn along with me.

Ray
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
8 used to do this kind of act with my wife in the late 70s and early 80s. We only stopped because we had children. We have just started to practice it again now as our kids are 32 and 29 years old now and have moved out.
The one thing that we were surprised by was just how much we remembered after 35 years. Another thing that was immediately obvious was how much the world has changed in that time. Things that were popular in the 70s no longer are, and we are having to add so many things that didn't even exist back then, cell phones, iPods, tablets, game consoles, Bluetooth headphones etc etc. So we have a lot of new stuff to work into the act.
This type of act is VERY memory intensive which is why its nearly always a husband and wife performing it. You don't want to spendthe time on mmemorizing the act only to have your assistant decide they don't want to do it anymore. Or tell you that they want more money or they will leave ! Its a great act and I have the greatest respect for anyone who is dedicated enough to put in the time needed to get this sort of act to a level where you can confidently go out there and perform it.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Cervier
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1275 Posts

Profile of Cervier
French mentalists Wanda&Viktor have been performing that kind of act for years, so I guess modern audiences do like it Smile
"A friend is someone who know you well but loves you anyway" H. Lauwick
The Lynx Deck, http://jmmaries.free.fr/cervier/
Grapheeteez, on GooglePlay
Telemos the peek envelope, on SkywardMagic
Telemos en Francais sur TheMysteryStore
Trevo91
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Trevo91
Now I don't know if this is appropriate to ask in this section, but do you guys who perform this kind of act create your own system or use a marketed one? I'm only asking because I created my own and I feel nothing's better then to sit down and make your own
clairvoyant
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of clairvoyant
Christian and Katalina
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
My system is a modification of a very old system . The most important thing is that you must be comfortable with whatever system you use. Don't go using words and phrases that you don't normally use in everyday life, it will sound wrong. Just make the system suit your personality not the other way round.
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
387 Posts

Profile of TEB3
In all probability every act is based on the one thing that started in very ancient times known as communicating in code. So the invention comes in a different code than others use.

Years ago, Liz and Tommy Tucker sold their act to others. Did they hold something back? Who knows!

And being a close friend of Tessa and Jeff, you aren't going to figure out how they do it. That's why they are so good.

TEB3
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4812 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I do the old Black Magic code game with an LSA at work and no one has ever picked it up ,it is great fun but only do it with chosen object's.
MagicDan3333
View Profile
New user
Sun Prairie, WI
38 Posts

Profile of MagicDan3333
I have done the black magic code with my wife. It gets a nice response.
Trevo91
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Trevo91
Any sources for the black magic code? I collect systems
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, clairvoyant wrote:
Christian and Katalina

One think that affected me when seeing them is how much they care for each other.

I wonder if this is an important component of the team approach as much as "code?"

I am comparing this with two acts I saw decades ago (names not remembered) in which there was no such "sense of cherish"
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Trevo91
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Trevo91
Also does anyone have any info on the jester system by Cas Boxley?
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Years ago I saw the zodias. They were quite elderly then but still put on a great show. I remember they had a lot of publicity about doing a challenge against an IBM computer to see who was quicker ! I have no idea how that would happen, I often wonder if it ever took place ? I can't find any info on it anywhere.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2015, Trevo91 wrote:
Also does anyone have any info on the jester system by Cas Boxley?

To repectfully quote the late Dennis:

Quote:
On Dec 23, 2003, Dennis Loomis wrote:
I spoke to my friend Chuck Mignosa about the Jester Code Act. He did indeed purchase it from Cas Boxley who got it from Mrs. Jester.

It was very expensive, and Chuck is not sure what the current situation is as far as rights are concerned. I encouraged him to think about publishing it. The thing about this code is that it is the most natural sounding system created, since there are multiple codes for each letter of the alphabet. The person in the audience merely responds affirmatively, indicating that the medium is correct. Because it is most often used by a husband and wife team, terms of endearment are often used following two or three other code words or phrases. For example, the medium has correctly identified an item, and the person in the audience says: Yes, that's right, dear. Three letters were just coded and they refer to a long list of prearranged items.

There are categories and then sub-categories. For example, in the supper clubs, the sender might send "BOT" which stands for bottle. The medium says something about a bottle, and the sender responds affirmatively and sends the particular kind of bottle: Wine is W, Beer is B, Whiskey is WH, etc. Then they can go for the particular brand. This will just give you a rough idea.

Cas included audio cassettes with the manuscript, and worked with each purchaser coming up with the individual pet names or terms or endearment, etc. Chuck has all of this in his library and perhaps will be able to reintroduce it to the fraternity. I think that a good code act can be effective even today.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of aheller5
Just finished watching their lecture and all I can say is wow. There are def 3 effects that you will def put into your act. they have great stories and great at the explanations... Just get this lecture you wont be disappointed !!!!!!
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Who's lecture?
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
739 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
Mindpro, from the description, it sounds like Christian and Katalina Penguin Lecture.
TC Tahoe - The Intuitionist
The 33rd Most Interesting Man in the World
http://www.tctahoe.com