The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPearing Soon... :: New iOS App: Earworm - a YouTube and Spotify song prediction effect (117 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
The_Spider
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of The_Spider
Hi

My own fault I haven’t read all the thread but could someone confirm after the song is playing that there is a way the spectator does not know they are on a pseudo version of you tube?

Dean
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Hi Dean - there's no pseudo version of youtube. The song is playing in the spectator's youtube app on their phone.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2208 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Marc, is there a video about the new pairing methods with WikiTest?
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, reignofsound wrote:
Marc, is there a video about the new pairing methods with WikiTest?

Not about this in particular, but there are instructions in the app that explain more.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Just purchased earworm. I think combining the WikiTest option was pretty clever. I don’t know enough about earworm to know what relevance it plays. But I imagine it may be to keep things as simple as possible. Looking forward to using earworm. Definitely looks like something I’ll enjoy playing with.
Julian Kestrel
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Julian Kestrel
Does this leave a trail in their browser history?
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2019, Julian Kestrel wrote:
Does this leave a trail in their browser history?

Nope!
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1586 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Interested ✌🏻
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
wizard75d
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of wizard75d
I have been using Wikitest as part of my walkarouund set for over a year now and it plays amazingly. I cannot overstate that. The reactions are incredible. Until now I didn't realize that Earworm can leave you ready to go and paired for Wikitest. That outcome alone is worth the price of admission. I just wanted to check if this feature still work with my Apple Watch. I have been using Automatic pair which is great but how would I use my watch once Earworm has set up a connection? Marc's customer service is another reason why I have no problem purchasing this. He has been incredibly diligent and professional when dealing with any queries.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I had no idea this feature was available and I own both. Smile
RIFFRAFF12
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of RIFFRAFF12
Hi Guys, Am I not able to produce this trick by using DFB or am I missing something?
RIFFRAFF12
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of RIFFRAFF12
I have Wiki test which I love! Would this be a good edition as people seem to be linking them?
Trentonmatthew
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Trentonmatthew
Question:

I own WikiTest and Earworm, I have been preforming wikitest for a few years and absolutely love it.
I’m confused however about how to move into wikitest after preforming Earworm. (Earworm is supposed to leave you paired for wikitest)

I understand how to switch to the wikitest peak screen from the Earworm app, but what does the spectator do on their phone after the song has been revealed? Do they still type in the same searches to get to the wiki-count website?

Any tips?

Thanks!
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2020, Trentonmatthew wrote:
Question:

I own WikiTest and Earworm, I have been preforming wikitest for a few years and absolutely love it.
I’m confused however about how to move into wikitest after preforming Earworm. (Earworm is supposed to leave you paired for wikitest)

I understand how to switch to the wikitest peak screen from the Earworm app, but what does the spectator do on their phone after the song has been revealed? Do they still type in the same searches to get to the wiki-count website?

Any tips?

Thanks!

Feel free to contact me via PM or use one of the Facebook support groups set up to avoid too much exposure in a public forum.

Thanks!
Dexterichos
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Dexterichos
Hi everybody,
I can't understand if the effect can be performed if the spectator has an android phone.
Thank you!
dexterichos
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Earworm v3 is out now, and and available to update via the App Store.

It brings a new remote feature, letting you perform Earworm in virtual shows.

Here's how it works:

1. You send your spectator a link to a YouTube video, tell them to open it but to not press play yet.
2. You then proceed to perform Earworm as usual, either by using any of Earworm's input methods.
3. The spectator then presses play on the video on their phone, and the whole audience hears the predicted song was correct!

Of course, everything then "cleans up" and ends as it should - the spectator will really be left on YouTube, (and will be convinced that they were on YouTube the whole time!)

The nice thing about Earworm is that it provides a novel audio reveal effect to Zoom shows, which tend to predominantly use mentalism and visual effects. Having a spectator turn up the volume of their phone to slowly reveal a named song (which is recognised by all attendees) provides a powerful effect with a great alternative style of reveal.

This optional feature can be purchased within Earworm v3, available on the App Store here.

If you're not performing virtual shows, then don't worry: Earworm still functions as it did before. This is just an optional extra for those performing remotely, and can even be used in person, letting you perform Earworm safely without touching the spectator's phone.

Plus, version 3 brings the following features for free to all users:

- Web Search peek.
- Dark mode for Notes input.
- Dark mode for Web Search input.
- Updated Notes and Web Search inputs to match iOS 14.
- Voice recognition support for all languages.
- Quick link from Earworm to WikiTest in the Notes input alongside the Web Search input.
- A bunch of bug fixes.

PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2253 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I just got the remote version, but voice recognition is trying to recognize French as English. Is there a setting I didn't change somewhere?
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2021, PatrickGregoire wrote:
I just got the remote version, but voice recognition is trying to recognize French as English. Is there a setting I didn't change somewhere?

Thanks.
It will use whatever language or region your iPhone is set to.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
By popular request, you can now link your Earworm app with Streets Pro, which will let you use Earworm's input methods with Streets Pro.

After using your chosen input method, Earworm will then automatically switch back directly to Streets Pro's Peek Screen, ready for the second phase of the effect.

Plus, Streets Pro will also now show up as a new option on your Earworm URL, for even easier pairing.

All you'll need is a copy of (Earworm) and a copy of Streets Pro. It's then super easy to set up - just tap "Connect to Earworm" in the Streets Pro app, or "Connect to Streets Pro" in the Earworm app.

Thanks!
Jono180185
View Profile
New user
UK
4 Posts

Profile of Jono180185
Are people having as much trouble with this app as I seem to be?
Seems to be a buggy app, at least when it comes to a particular method.
For the time being it seems that I am forced to use the methods that are arguably not as effective.
Hard to describe the issues further without going into detail.
Just wondering if anyone else have (or had) issues that seem 'buggy' or 'glitchy' ?