The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPearing Soon... :: New iOS App: Earworm - a YouTube and Spotify song prediction effect (117 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
"Earworm is a powerful effect that does not look like an app and better still happens on the spectator's phone. Genius idea to say the least! Marc's magic has made me buy an iPhone."
- Angelo Carbone

"Earworm is the best piece of iPhone mentalism I have ever seen. Marc Kerstein is an actual wizard. The rest of us are just pretending."
- Stephen Long

Earworm is a song prediction magic effect with a borrowed phone or tablet.

You ask a spectator to take out their phone, mute the volume, and open their YouTube app (or, if they have it installed, Spotify, or even Rdio).

Taking the phone so the spectator can't see its screen, you type in a song, press play and return the phone to your friend with its screen facing downwards.

Whilst the song silently plays, you mentally transmit the thought-of song to the spectator.

The spectator, trying to pick up on the song you're mentally sending them, names the first song that comes to mind.

They turn the volume up on their phone and look at the screen to hear and see that EXACT song playing on THEIR phone in their YouTube app!

* VERY easy to perform.
* NO accomplice required.
* ANY song can be named.
* NO memory work.
* Works with YouTube, Spotify and more!

Note: Earworm is currently on a launch sale price at 20% off, for a limited time only.

Download Earworm on the iOS App Store
-
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
I'm actually extremely interested in this.. I could see myself using this in an "influence" type routine. I'd love to see some reviews.
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
Agreed! Any body using the pre release version that can comment?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Come on Marc, let's at least see a demo.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
And what about Windows phone ? And Android ?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Bought it.

Not working for me AT ALL. Neither input method

Both YouTube and spotify just sit there loading forever. Tested on both an iPhone 6 and 4s.
bumder
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of bumder
Marc showed me this at The Session.

It's ****ing genius.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
DynaMix - apologies for any teething issues if you're having any. Perhaps PM me or email me with specific details and I'll help you out there and prevent these from happening to anyone else.

Edit: Looking on my end, it seems you're changing your song successfully. Do PM me and let me know what happened.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Any vid performance of seeing this in action?
simon hughes
View Profile
Veteran user
London
362 Posts

Profile of simon hughes
I've seen it as well, it's a miracle.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2015, DynaMix wrote:
Bought it.

Both YouTube and spotify just sit there loading forever. Tested on both an iPhone 6 and 4s.

Well that's enough for me for the time being. Can't stand paying to beta test a product.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Pegasus - Earworm has been in development for well over a year. You're not beta testing anything.
I've reached out to DynaMix but haven't heard back. It seems he's been using the app successfully since that post, though.
juggernought
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of juggernought
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
Bought it.

Well that's enough for me for the time being. Can't stand paying to beta test a product.

It's working perfectly for me and is probably the best tech trick I have ever come across! I haven't run into any problems, but if anyone does, I'm sure Marc will address them very quickly. The different methods are genius. Magic on a spectator's phone doesn't get much better than this!
bumder
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of bumder
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
Bought it.

you'll be missing out then, but I'm fairly sure Marc can live without your 11 quid.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I bought this without thinking twice because of marks track record with mwfx which is nothing short of amazing. I've PMed you Mark as I'd really like to get this working.

Prior to magic I was a full time DJ and a large portion of my Mentalism routines already involve music in some capacity. This is a perfect fit for me.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Wow - great feedback already - really would love to see a performance of this 👍
paulyjr
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of paulyjr
Marc's stuff is fantastic! Magic web FX is something I use all the time and now this!!!
Saw this earlier in the year with Simon Hughes. Brilliant! Can't believe the price. It's a steal.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Mark sorted me out.

These have to be some of the most advanced, clever input methods I have ever seen. Just incredible.

Thanks mark.
magic1178
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magic1178
Hey there,
This does sound fantastic,

Is it possible to write the name of the song down as opposed to saying it out loud,

People always go with " it's probably voice activated"

Thanks
Derek
Derek Johnston
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2069 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2015, magic1178 wrote:
Hey there,
This does sound fantastic,

Is it possible to write the name of the song down as opposed to saying it out loud,

People always go with " it's probably voice activated"

Thanks
Derek

Yes
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com