The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Scott Creasey DIY I-PAD (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
806 Posts

Profile of Scott
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2015, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
Had a chance to make one up yesterday, very easy to do and works like a charm! Excited to try it out over the next few weeks.

Glad you like it.

Regards

Scott
Scott Creasey - Mind Reader

Original Routines With A Mental Flavour

http://www.mentalmagicism.com/
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Please pm so as not to expose, but does this use the same tech as Riggs' butterfly?
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2780 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
There's a 2 page thread down in inner thoughts.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2015, Scott wrote:
Bryn,

I agree with you.

After reading the comments about the offset, I actually made a pad up for myself last night with the spiral binding and found that if (with my pad anyway) you secure the cover the way it explains in my DVD the offset is very minimal at the top of the pad close to the spiral and nothing a the bottom open ending of the pad.

On a totally different note, I have been using Double Down for years in various forms since I first got it from you, and actually reference you for introducing me to the Smyth-Myth principle in my book "Tarot in your pocket" so thanks for that.

Stay safe

Regards

Scott

Awesome, Scott!

I appreciate hearing that, and thanks for the nice comment!

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just downloaded this, and while I was already aware of the basic method, and have used it, I found a lot of value in the particular setup and handling tips. I will certainly use this.
KJ
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
806 Posts

Profile of Scott
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2015, 1KJ wrote:
I just downloaded this, and while I was already aware of the basic method, and have used it, I found a lot of value in the particular setup and handling tips. I will certainly use this.
KJ

Glad you like it.

Regards

Scott
Scott Creasey - Mind Reader

Original Routines With A Mental Flavour

http://www.mentalmagicism.com/
maggus
View Profile
New user
Barcelona
60 Posts

Profile of maggus
Just bought, your comments convinced me! Looking forward to watch the video!
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Do these pads require careful audience management? With my Riggs pads and my own Riggs inspired designs, the pad is almost completely examinable.

There are always trade offs, of course, so does the improvement in the p**k reduce the examinability?

I realize it's not a problem to have to do some spec management, but I'd like to know where the compromise is.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
I will have to look into this.

Rod
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2016, Last Laugh wrote:
Do these pads require careful audience management? With my Riggs pads and my own Riggs inspired designs, the pad is almost completely examinable.

There are always trade offs, of course, so does the improvement in the p**k reduce the examinability?

I realize it's not a problem to have to do some spec management, but I'd like to know where the compromise is.

Depending on the size of the pad, there's some handling involved, but it all looks very natural.
Spectator handling is almost nil, if you retain control of the pad.
Might be a bit more if you hand the pad over and turn around.

Ed
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
So the pads are not particularly examinable?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
You wouldn't give it to them and say "have a really good look at this and make sure its normal" as they would find the secret. But then I am pretty sure they would with the butterfly and the para pad. However, the way the pad is constructed / the type of pad he suggests, means that when they draw their picture, the pad is very secure and it seems unlikely that they'd find the secret.

All that said, I think if they suspect the pad, you've lost the fight.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
The Riggs stuff is all pretty sly, the parapad is more about a good p***. I'm getting that the Creasey pad is more towards the parapad in this regard. I guess I'll get it and find out for myself. Thanks.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
No, the Creasey pad is closer to the Riggs style, but it has a different way to lock the m**** s****. And he takes you through all the steps on how to create your own.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Okay I just watched this. I was a little hesitant because I've made a lot of different types of pads with this gimmick.

But, I'd never thought of this particular idea and it's very cool. The subtleties and handling tips taught are also very good, lot's of really useful ideas.

I'm going to say that the p*** is very similar to the parapad, which is a good thing. I will say though, the pads are -- as I suspected -- not as examinable as the Riggs stuff. Now, it really doesn't matter because it's rendered invisible by the handling, and I know that that the pad is basically invisible when used right, still - it's worth knowing. If I left a Riggs or Riggs inspired pad laying around, somebody could easily pick it up and use it, flip through it, without ever noticing the gaff. It's very well hidden. The DIY I pad, not as much. I'm not saying I need props that I can comfortably leave lying around, but for someone already familiar with these kinds of devices, these details are good to know.

In terms of ease of making - they are much easier to make than what Riggs makes. I do buy Riggs' pads, but as it's important for me to be able to make my own props, I've also learned how to make similar ones myself. There are quite a few more materials and tools required and there some tricky elements.

The Creasey pads can be made in a few minutes and they are every bit as reliable.'

Bottom line - P*** and handling is very clever. Very good if you need a natural justified real time p***

Get a Riggs pad too, they both are useful in their own ways.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
I have to agree with your comparison between the DIY and Riggs' work with one additional thought. The very thing that makes the DIY less than examinable is what facilitates an easier real time p*** than (for example) the Brown Hornet. While the BH is still my go-to pad, if my presentation was such that I needed a faster p**** while feeling a bit less clumsy, I'd certainly reach for the DIY.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
Cardmagic12345
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Cardmagic12345
How does this differ from this https://trickshop.com/mentalists-impression-pad-ebook.html?

Thank You
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12999 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2019, Cardmagic12345 wrote:
How does this differ from this https://trickshop.com/mentalists-impression-pad-ebook.html?

Thank You

It's better.
Cardmagic12345
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Cardmagic12345
Which one is better?
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
I used to see these types of pads everywhere in the US, but have been looking various places locally. It seems all of the ones I'm seeing these days either have PVC/plastic covers, or have spirals on the sides (I'd like the spiral on the top, for various reasons). I never thought I'd have trouble locating these inexpensive pads. Does anyone know a source for these in the US, online might be best, so I could order them in bulk ... various sizes, as well.

I had no problem finding everything else. These days, I seem to have to go online for everything that doesn't include electronics. Simple office supplies seem to be more difficult to locate these days :-(

Thanks in advance,

Dave