The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Scott Creasey DIY I-PAD (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2015, Scott wrote:

For those guys who bought the video via the Lybrary I'll sort something out. Chris Wasshuber is a great guy and we have been doing business for a few years and I think I'll have a record of who bought via him.

Either way I'll make the info available as a thankyou.

Regards

Scott

Thank you Scott. Looking forward to your thoughts. I have a couple of your original "First Impression Pads". I like this one just as much!

Cheers
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2015, Magical Dimensions wrote:
So let's talk, ....... For those who have bought this and watched the video, is this really for those just starting out in this area of entertainment or is it still beifical for others who have been using this type of prop for years.

The reason that I asked is because I once bought something from someone who is well known that he created or so he implied. It was something that was used with a deck of cards and it's card box. Once I downloaded it I quickly realized that anyone with knowledge in this area would have just think of doing this on their own, plus the method was also method in a book from many years ago. So I felt used and taken for my money on something that was already in a book and that I even have thought of but never made up.

A few of use are really familiar with these types of props, so I ask, is this something that is different or just the same old thing with a new dress and lipstick on? Smile

I am just trying to justify spending money on another prop.

Ray

Ray,

This pad uses the same methodology as the Riggs Pads. What is different is the placement of the gimmick and the handling that makes this a real worker. Scott even shows how to easily transfer the set-up to
a new pad. Gaining the information is very easy and can be done in real time. I think this perfect for a performer of any level.

Woodfield
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4323 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Scott's handling of the pad for his close-up and the Test Conditions drawing duplication routines is brilliant and totally natural. Great pad and routines. Looking forward to seeing Scott's other routines. Highly recommended.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Woodfield,
Thanks for your reply to my question.

Ray
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Well, I have ordered this item and watched part of the video. Funny, I already have everything that is needed. I was playing around with the uhhhhh secret stuff a few years ago when I was trying to create my own type of props.

Because of the fact of having to present the pad to the spectator in the very same way as another pad that I already have, l will just continue using the other pad. Smile

Ray
robinr
View Profile
Loyal user
Greater Los Angeles area
226 Posts

Profile of robinr
Gabe showed me his FIP pad a while back and I loved it, but Scott explained that he sold the rights, so they are no longer available. I bought the video and it looks much like the FIP.

The problem for me is finding the right type of notepads. Virtually all in the U.S. are the normal spiral rather than the ones that have individual paired wire fold-overs, as Scott uses. Perhaps in the UK that's more common than in the US. I've been hunting for an hour on Amazon.com and could only find the following and wasn't sure it was right. Has anyone found a source for the right pads in bulk in more than one size? I'm going to search at Staples as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002A8I......CSQ591L0
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
My local Walgreens had them

But the spirals will work as well. It will just mean you'll have to undo it. Not a big deal.
robinr
View Profile
Loyal user
Greater Los Angeles area
226 Posts

Profile of robinr
Maddy (and others), it's not the undoing of the spiral that's the problem, as I've done that several times to make notepads with fronts on both sides for switching numbers, etc. With the spiral pads, if we flip the cover and front page to the back, they don't like up with the back cover. They're offset almost half an inch. I ran into that problem making up an effect of Bryn Reynolds. With the type of wire pads that Scott uses in the video, everything will line up perfectly (I'm assuming). FIP was itself perfect.

If I can find a Walgreen's (they're not common where I live), I'll look there.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2015, robinr wrote:
Maddy (and others), it's not the undoing of the spiral that's the problem, as I've done that several times to make notepads with fronts on both sides for switching numbers, etc. With the spiral pads, if we flip the cover and front page to the back, they don't like up with the back cover. They're offset almost half an inch. I ran into that problem making up an effect of Bryn Reynolds. With the type of wire pads that Scott uses in the video, everything will line up perfectly (I'm assuming). FIP was itself perfect.

If I can find a Walgreen's (they're not common where I live), I'll look there.

Gotcha. But if it's off set, it shouldn't be by much. You should be able to compensate for that moving the thing over a little so it's not centered.
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
805 Posts

Profile of Scott
Guys,

As I said in the video you can make them up with the spiral pads I have made many of them that way. And that is one reason for leaving a boarder around the impression area. You will find that when you flip the cover over and then fix it in place with the elastic band, that the back will line up better. You can also bend the wire binding a bit which helps with the lining up.

And the link to the pad on Amazon.com is the correct style of pad. In my experience however (but I can only speak for the countries I have visited in Europe) budget stationary store are the best source for cheap pads.

Regards

Scott
Scott Creasey - Mind Reader

Original Routines With A Mental Flavour

http://www.mentalmagicism.com/
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2015, robinr wrote:
They're offset almost half an inch. I ran into that problem making up an effect of Bryn Reynolds.

Sorry to hear that....

For "The Notebook," I was simply using cheapo-Mead notebooks, and only found them, if at all, to be off 1/8." But the greatest thing is: no one ever notices!

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
805 Posts

Profile of Scott
Bryn,

I agree with you.

After reading the comments about the offset, I actually made a pad up for myself last night with the spiral binding and found that if (with my pad anyway) you secure the cover the way it explains in my DVD the offset is very minimal at the top of the pad close to the spiral and nothing a the bottom open ending of the pad.

On a totally different note, I have been using Double Down for years in various forms since I first got it from you, and actually reference you for introducing me to the Smyth-Myth principle in my book "Tarot in your pocket" so thanks for that.

Stay safe

Regards

Scott

RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
I may have missed this, but is there an easy place to buy "the thing"? Are you guys finding these easily in the US?
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1568 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
I ordered a stack of them for a few buck each on Amazon, they just arrived today, so I'm excited to do a little arts and crafts this weekend!
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2015, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
I ordered a stack of them for a few buck each on Amazon, they just arrived today, so I'm excited to do a little arts and crafts this weekend!

You must have been the one that took them all! When I looked on Amazon it said they had one left! XP

Can you PM me the link for the ones you bought??
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2015, Scott wrote:
Guys,

As I said in the video

Any chance of a pdf version of the how-to? Nothing against video but when it comes to assembling something I find it easier to work from printed material.
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
805 Posts

Profile of Scott
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2015, cheesewrestler wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2015, Scott wrote:
Guys,

As I said in the video

Any chance of a pdf version of the how-to? Nothing against video but when it comes to assembling something I find it easier to work from printed material.

Ha! I have been publishing PDF ebooks for years and prefer to read this stuff in books myself however I did open a thread on the Café a while back before I produced the video asking what people preferred and the overwhelming response was for this sort of thing, video.

And to be honest it is a lot easier and quicker to explain something on video than it is in writing because what seems straightforward and simple in my head can take an age to put into writing so that it makes sense to other people.

Regards

Scott

hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
374 Posts

Profile of hornet
I don't yet have an impression pad but I like the look of both this and Mark Elsdons Spypad. Both seem to use ordinary pads which I like, can anybody compare the two?
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1568 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Had a chance to make one up yesterday, very easy to do and works like a charm! Excited to try it out over the next few weeks.
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
805 Posts

Profile of Scott
Guys,

I have sent the PDF of routines to all those who bought the video direct from me. However if you bought the book via Lybrary, simply drop me a line to esp@scottcreasey.com and I'll send you a copy by return.

Regards

Scott