The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Scott Creasey DIY I-PAD (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2842 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3786 Posts

Profile of takeachance
IMHO these are the very best pads made, and I have quite a few from Briggs to Para Labs. The whole action of getting the longest and clearest peek is simply what all us old guys with failing eye sight needs LOL!
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Scott's First Impression pads are (IMO) just about the best, I've used it live and for p**-s*** and it is really smart. If the I-PAD is the same as that, then this is a must have.

Phill
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I love Scott's work. I am very intrigued by this. I have never used any impression pad at all. Maybe this is the time to give it a shot. Would love to hear some reviews first though. Paying $35 for a download is always a little rough for me.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
The FIP was my go to pad for many years. The "action" is beautifully motivated. If this is a DIY version it will be well worth anyone's money.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Okay I'm convinced. I ordered it. Downloading now.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Let us know what you think...
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Just finished watching it. The download is a 30 minute self-shot video. The quality is decent, but not outstanding, but who cares!

As I mentioned, I'm not super familiar with Impression Pads, however I was familiar with the material that was used with this. (I have used it as an impression device in my card box before.)

The construction is simple and the working is very natural. Scott provides his stage routine using it as a PS. It's a nice idea for a drawing dupe for stage. Maybe I'll give it a shot sometime in a slightly different format.

I definitely want to make it up, I like how simple it is.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2137 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Don't have this one yet, but of all the imp pads I own (and I own a ton), the First Impressions Pad is the best I've ever used. In fact, if anyone has one for sale, I'll buy it as a backup! This looks to be a winner.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I downloaded it as well. I have spent some serious money on electronic imp pads, and I like this much better. Nothing to go wrong, it is not real-time, but close enough, and more natural.

If you are not completely happy with your imp pad/board, I would check this out - they cost $2-$5 each to make.
Withnail
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of Withnail
Thanks for the input all! How easy are they to make up? If someone could pm I'd greatly appreciate it! Smile
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Withnail,
A person with no craft experience who is all thumbs could easily make this. It says it takes 30 minutes, but I doubt most people would take even 10 minutes to make one. PM me if you have any questions.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2842 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
It takes less than 13 minutes to make one of these. It sounds like Scott says 'thirty' but he's saying 'thirteen'. The first 13 minutes of the video include the introduction and a complete, step-by-step explanation of how to make one. Scott makes one while he explains the materials and steps, and the entire construction process is about 12 min.

This is an outstanding video download, both in content and quality. The video and audio quality are very clear.

I love the handling, and the fact that I can make one of these any time with very inexpensive materials.

Highly recommended.
Withnail
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of Withnail
Just downloaded... Looks great! Thanks again all
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
805 Posts

Profile of Scott
Guys, thanks for the kind words so far.

I'm glad you like the idea, it is something I have been using for many many years and although I invented and used to sell the First Impression Pad, I have always favoured props I can make myself quickly and cheaply with stuff I can buy on the high street so the DIY I-Pad is the one I have always used in my shows.

What I am doing at the moment is putting together a number of the routines I have and still do use this pad for, I'm going to put the ideas into a PDF format and once finished will send a free copy to everybody who has bought the DIY I-Pad dvd.

Many regards

Scott
Scott Creasey - Mind Reader

Original Routines With A Mental Flavour

http://www.mentalmagicism.com/
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2015, Scott wrote:

I'm glad you like the idea, it is something I have been using for many many years and although I invented and used to sell the First Impression Pad, I have always favoured props I can make myself quickly and cheaply with stuff I can buy on the high street so the DIY I-Pad is the one I have always used in my shows.

What I am doing at the moment is putting together a number of the routines I have and still do use this pad for, I'm going to put the ideas into a PDF format and once finished will send a free copy to everybody who has bought the DIY I-Pad dvd.

Many regards

Scott

Will those of us that get it from Lybrary.com get that as well?
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2015, Scott wrote:

Many regards

Scott

Ooo sounds great! Smile
Bill Brunelle
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Bill Brunelle
I suspect Scott will work something out for people who have bought it from Lybrary. Personally I like to support a product creator whenever I can. Especially when the price is pretty much the same either way as it is in the case. Sure the conversion rate may vary from day to day, but it's a matter of pennies. Scott's a great guy with a tremendous track record of highly regarded products.

He recently gave everyone on his mailing list a product that's currently being sold for $15. And if you look at his other PDF's, you'll see that all his prices are astonishingly reasonable. To me, that's an even stronger reason to help him be able to continue this kind of old school pricing. http://www.scottcreasey.com/products-main/
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
805 Posts

Profile of Scott
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2015, Bill Brunelle wrote:
I suspect Scott will work something out for people who have bought it from Lybrary. Personally I like to support a product creator whenever I can. Especially when the price is pretty much the same either way as it is in the case. Sure the conversion rate may vary from day to day, but it's a matter of pennies. Scott's a great guy with a tremendous track record of highly regarded products.

He recently gave everyone on his mailing list a product that's currently being sold for $15. And if you look at his other PDF's, you'll see that all his prices are astonishingly reasonable. To me, that's an even stronger reason to help him be able to continue this kind of old school pricing. http://www.scottcreasey.com/products-main/

Thanks Bill,

For those guys who bought the video via the Lybrary I'll sort something out. Chris Wasshuber is a great guy and we have been doing business for a few years and I think I'll have a record of who bought via him.

Either way I'll make the info available as a thankyou.

Regards

Scott
Scott Creasey - Mind Reader

Original Routines With A Mental Flavour

http://www.mentalmagicism.com/
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
So let's talk, ....... For those who have bought this and watched the video, is this really for those just starting out in this area of entertainment or is it still beifical for others who have been using this type of prop for years.

The reason that I asked is because I once bought something from someone who is well known that he created or so he implied. It was something that was used with a deck of cards and it's card box. Once I downloaded it I quickly realized that anyone with knowledge in this area would have just think of doing this on their own, plus the method was also method in a book from many years ago. So I felt used and taken for my money on something that was already in a book and that I even have thought of but never made up.

A few of use are really familiar with these types of props, so I ask, is this something that is different or just the same old thing with a new dress and lipstick on? Smile

I am just trying to justify spending money on another prop.

Ray