The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Clowning around :: Clowning (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
airforcemagician
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of airforcemagician
My mom always told me I was a clown, but I never believed her.
"I'm not going to die for my country. I'm going to get the other guy to die for his."
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
You are!! You just don't know it yet.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Southwest Sam
View Profile
New user
Indiana
59 Posts

Profile of Southwest Sam
Howdy Rob and everyone else that has posted here.

I performed both as a Magician and as Hayseed The Hobo Clown for nearly 10 yrs. Now, I perform as a Singing Cowboy and Children's Cowboy Entertainer. I found myself performing more and more for younger audiences and the Clown inside just kept coming out. So, I've incorporated a Wacky, Comedy Cowboy portion to my act using Magic, Comedy and Silly Songs on the guitar.

Many Happy Trails,
-SWSam
RED NOSE RANCH Moderator
http://www.geocities.com/rednoseranch
Now performing as...
-Suitcase Sam
& his Ukulele
Music ~ Comedy ~ Magic
www.facebook.com/SuitcaseSam
Whitewolfny
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Whitewolfny
Hi Folks, One of you said something to the effect are clowns lower class magicians? I don't believe there is such a thing as a "lower class" magician. There are just different styles of presentations. It's the audience's reaction that counts. To Promise The Clown I say "Hang in there." I'm struggling with what I want to do and you seem to be so far ahead of me. If you are entertaining people and they enjoy what you are doing then you are going in the right direction.
Braxton Mannar
<BR>Just an old dog trying to learn new tricks Smile
Ping Pong
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Ping Pong
Hi all, I am from New Zealand, however live and clown in Shanghai china, mostly do educational work, magic, clowning, I use this to reach basic english skills to the chinses kids. Colour phases etc, Anyone else out there does English educational clowning, I would be interest to learn more.

Smiles for All
New Zealander based in Shanghai
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
"Clowns are lower-class magicians?!?" Hey now!! Speaking for all us street-magicians out there....don't you clowns go trying to take away our title! WE are the 'lower-class' of magician! (Matteroffact, I don't think it gets any lower than us)
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
I'm not a clown yet but I seem to have clown tendencies. I recently bought a great clown tux from performancejacketson ebay. Now I need a nose and face to complete the look. I've been writing some routines that should work well in clown.

Oliver
Whitewolfny
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Whitewolfny
To Mighty Fool,

I just meant that I have the highest respect for any one who has the talent and abilities to entertain people, no matter how they present themselves. It's hard serious work to be a clown and for that matter a street magician. I love watching talented people share their expertise with others.
Braxton Mannar
<BR>Just an old dog trying to learn new tricks Smile
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Very well said indeed!!
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I am a clown...even when I'm not in make-up. Smile

Seriously, I do perform as Rego The Magic Clown.
Mister Mystery
Patchouli
View Profile
New user
France
65 Posts

Profile of Patchouli
Hi,

Twenty years ago I used to be a musical clown as "Monsieur Loyal" and performed (the serious clown) for an entire season in the "Magicomic circus".
It was a choice, because I consider that to be an "Auguste" you must have great qualities that I did not recognized in me. It demand to be deeply clown "in your soul". I have a real respect for "Auguste" clowns;

and not only when they do poétic or sentimental shows !
I find them GREAT when they make me laught and apreciate at that moment their GREAT talent.

Please for my little contribution, consider me as one of yours.

Cordialement, Patrick.
japanjazzy
View Profile
Regular user
Crestview, Florida
139 Posts

Profile of japanjazzy
Welcome all of the new clowns to the site. I have been gone a long time since the military sent me away to Iraq. I hope to be able to stay in touch with all of you and the Café now that I am back home.
Tom Stevens
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
361 Posts

Profile of Tom Stevens
Hi everyone! I recognise several names from other forums.

I Tip Top Tom the clown. I'm also a member of World Clowns International but haven't been able to attend the conventions yet. (This year's is in Illinois, which is a bit far from Australia). I also have to drive my kids to school every day. I've learned mostly through studying the art of clowning at home as well as doing my own improvisation on the streets.

About 18 months ago I was talking about my job with a guest in our home and she said she'd heard about this clown who was doin silly stuff in St Kilda crossing the road and stopping right in the middle as soon as the pedestrian light turned red, and the cars drivers were honking at him, but he was pointing at the lights saying, "but it's red!"

I had to admit that it was me, putting myself through some vigorous training.

http://www.bring-a-smile.com/pix.htm has some more photos of me as a clown.

Correction: That was supposed to be World Clown Association.
Pizzazz
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
108 Posts

Profile of Pizzazz
Hello all I have 2 shows, stage and a clown show. I am Roscoe T. Clown. I love clowning and the smiles it brings to people young and old.
May all your days be "magic" days
Afarang
View Profile
New user
London, UK
2 Posts

Profile of Afarang
Quote:
On 2002-06-18 16:41, Rob Eubank wrote:
How many clowns do we have here? I'm a member of COAI in good standing and have to wonder just how many joeys are in the magical side of the house.
:clown:

So I ask, "Who here wears the nose?"

HI there.
GINGERNUTT the Clown here, from London, UK.....a clown who does magic, and has won awards in the USA and UK, and performed in Singapore/Thailand/Vienam, Europe, etc. Will be lecturing on Clown, Puppets and Magic at The Millennium Jam in Belgium in June - and will be at The World Clown Association Convention in Peoria , Illinois, in April.
Am a member of Clowns International. World Clown Association, International Brotherhood of Magicians, and The Magic Circle (London).
woodenmarvels
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of woodenmarvels
Count me in, too! Hi, I am Ali Cainazzle (AKA MagicAl)from Virginia Beach, VA. I have been doing clown magic for over 20 years now. I took a 4 year break from it but now I'm back so all you other clowns... look out! (I might honk your nose or get you with my squirting flower)! Seriously, It's good to be back. ~MagicAl
Magic is all around us, everywhere, every day. If you would just open your eyes to see it, you would be truly amazed.
Visit my world of automata at: http://www.members.aol.com/churchmouseabc/
~MagicAl
sluggo
View Profile
New user
Mike B.
85 Posts

Profile of sluggo
I'm guilty! I started off with the Syrian Shrine Clown Unit in Cincy and enjoyed it so much I went to the Mosseburgers Clown Camp in Minnesota. I've been to several conventions since. The Great Clown Adventure,Las Vegas; Great Lakes Shrine,Oh; Clown Town,Oh; Circus Magic,Va.; Kentucky Clown Derby,Ky; My first COAI this Year in Grand Rapids Mi and I am hoping to go to the S.M.I.L.E (safety Clowning) in Arizona In November.
I love doing magic and ventriloquism along with balloons and facepainting. I'm driving my bride crazy with it as I always seem to have to buy something new(ha).
Glad to see so many of you here.
Sluggo
Dad, magic, ventriloquism, facepainter & balloons.
A weakness for coffee (caffeine)
ocaptd
View Profile
New user
California
1 Post

Profile of ocaptd
Greetings,

Please add me to the list of clowns. Though I am in semi retirement from the clowning I still perform ventriloqism and magic fairly regularly.

For over 25 years I clowned with my wife and then added my kids when they became good enough to perform. We toured as The Kids-Celebration Circus for 12 years internationally about 42 weeks a year doing 5 evening shows a week (ministry) and 3-4 educational school shows a week as well...add a few fairs, festivals and special events and teaching and performing at a few clown conventions a year and we were pretty busy.

In 1996 we left the road (we are Salvation Army Officers) and started being pastors instead. I still do ventriloquism and magic whenever I can.

So pleased to find this amazing site!

Blessings

David Ebel

Click here to view attached image.
The change of heart ... the greatest miracle... no slight of hand ... just the touch of His hand...
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Quote:
On 2005-02-02 09:49, Pizzazz wrote:
Hello all I have 2 shows, stage and a clown show. I am Roscoe T. Clown. I love clowning and the smiles it brings to people young and old.

Roscoe, you ol' Dawg you! Been trying to find you, Son! Saw ya on "Gimme the Mike" on Fox-50.,,and couldn't find your email address or phone number to congratulate you!! You done good! Who knew you could sing AND make folks laugh! Email me, pard!

Ya'll know. One of the privileges of getting older is watching young fellas like this take what little bit you show them and move on to become a major success all on their own. There are few clowns out there better than this young feller.

:o) Skip

Oh yeah...I'm one o' them clown fella's, too. Although, as I get older the strain of high energy clownin' (which is the only kind I know) takes a larger and more painful toll. After 40 years in motley, I'm finding that I prefer my street and bar character these days...but, hey...laughter is laughter. It's all golden!

:o) Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Hobie the Magical Hobo Clown
View Profile
New user
Niagara, Ontario
68 Posts

Profile of Hobie the Magical Hobo Clown
Hi:
Just started out as a clown doing walk arounds. I did two festivals in two weeks doing magic and balloons. I loved it and the kids did too. Can't wait for the next one to come up which could be at the end of the month.
I have done magic for years as a kids magician and I still do it also.
One Mustn't study a magician to closely,
Never look up his sleeve,
Never look under his hat,
Just sit back and let him do his act.