The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Clowning around :: Clowning (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
rsummer27
View Profile
Loyal user
South Carolina
225 Posts

Profile of rsummer27
I'm a clown!

I saw this post a while ago but wanted to wait until I got my picture up. I've performed juggling, stilt walking and balloon animals for years. I joined a balloon twisting company several months ago to suppliment my income. The manager said that several of the balloon artists had also started doing some table magic. I had done some prop magic for years but had never messed with slight of hand magic. I started out by dusting off my old sponge balls and getting a few videos. I've had the most amazing time since then learning new things.
Giggles the Clown buys all of his
supplies at www.madhattermagicshop.com
Super Low Prices on Videos and DVDs!
JesterMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland, USA
319 Posts

Profile of JesterMan
Spazzo The Clown was born back in 1980. It happened by 'accident', but the ride has always been fun. My agent needed a clown, so Brad the Magic Clown came about. When I got tired of working for folks who were ignorant, I designed my own costume, aksed a friend's mother to make it, then told the agent (family) where to get off, and Spazzo was born. He has performed on three continents, most notably gaining some small amount of local exposure in Northern Japan, while living there in the late 1990's.

He doesn't come out to play so much these days, as JesterMan has become my main character. He is just about as silly, but without the running children. I miss the pictures taken on the highway from people in the car next to 'me' (Spazzo), but I believe that I am using the same heart for both characters.

The shift has been primarily a logistical one, as I grow into a full-time entertainer. I can shift from 'less colorful' magician, to JesterMan, and then into Santa, Easter Bunny, or back to less colorful magi much faster than I can if Spazzo's show is in the middle, with the added time to get into, and out of character.

Still, there are some things that happen to 'you' as a clown that even being a modern jester doesn't give you... like being (almost) without color/race, being neither male nor female (in some viewer's minds, even though I have a mustache under the white), and the occasional hug from someone who's heart was touched by the clown. Smile
JM Smile Smile

Balloons, Magic, Mayhem & More!
www.AArdvarkEntertainers.com
www.JesterMan.com

"... destined to take the place of the MudShark in your mythology... " FZ
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
It's really good to have both of you with us. Smile
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
japanjazzy
View Profile
Regular user
Crestview, Florida
139 Posts

Profile of japanjazzy
Welcome all the new guys here. Rob you threw me for a loop with the change of your picture.
Michael
Jazzy the Clown
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
A little change once in a while....buys bubble gum. Smile
magiker
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
283 Posts

Profile of magiker
Count me in
For kids I have a magical clown as well as my normal show
Smile
Magiker

Believe in the possibility of the impossible
Popo
View Profile
Loyal user
Valparaiso, IN
219 Posts

Profile of Popo
Hello all! Just joined the site today. Buster the Clown from NW Indiana. I've been clowning for four years now. I use magic and juggling in my act. I am also a licensed mental health therapist. I don't know which one is sillier but I know which is more rewarding! Smile
Magic Clown
View Profile
New user
Kissimmee, FL
14 Posts

Profile of Magic Clown
Hello all you fellow Joeys,

I'm new to the Café and I'm also a performing clown.

I do a stage show as well as close-up.
I also do basic balloons and I juggle balls, rings & clubs.

Anyone here from the Orlando, FL area?
Donald Carpenter
Fuzzy the Magic Clown
Professional Magic Clown

www.magicandsmiles.com
Show Them the Magic and Watch Them Smile
The Wonder Company
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of The Wonder Company
Me too. no Paint, just nose. Ala Avner Eisenberg, I've studied clowning & comedy my whole life with lots of different people. Currently performing magic, and and comedy all over the New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey area. anyone in my neck of the woods want to put together a night club act?
- Max Darwin Smile
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Welcome to all of you. It's great to see such gathering of magical clowns.

:clown:
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2002-09-29 21:03, x-treem wrote:
There are videos out there now with him on it. I've tracked a link if you want it.

I think they have the one with the Bannana man and Red Skeleton (first appearance of Bannana man I think on TV.) It was also with the "real" bannana man and not his replacement.

What is that link you mentioned?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Amazing Binky
View Profile
Loyal user
Lancaster,OH
224 Posts

Profile of Amazing Binky
I, too, am a clown!
PromiseTheClown
View Profile
New user
Southern California
8 Posts

Profile of PromiseTheClown
Hi, I am not totally sure I can be considered a clown or a magician yet but I am really working at it. When my son played on his first soccer team he was 4yo. There was one time when a 4yo took off running in the wrong direction. The referee turned him around, patted him on the head, and the little boy ran in the direction of the ball. That is what I feel like some times. It may be in the wrong direction but I am running. Hopefully I have enough people around me to turn me in the right direction.

When I first joined I seen some people had their picture with their posts. I clicked a few buttons but did not see how to add it. So I assumed it was for members who had 50 or more posts. But I have seen new people with pictures. So I am going to click some different buttons and see what happens.

Promise the Clown http://clik.to/Promise
aka Anna Toner htpp://clik.to/AnnTestomony
Promise the Clown http://clik.to/Promise

aka Anna Toner http://clik.to/AnnTestomony
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hi...in the mix as a 'past' clown...not that I 'past', just the activity.
Started out, doing Dr. I...a magical sad clown for parties in the early 60's.

Bet I'm the only clown here that worked a Nude Ice Show! hahaha...that character was 'Frostbite' and did not appear nekkid! (only a couple of the girl skaters did)
Ricky Dunn was also in that show! (bet he wouldn't have admited it. Smile

In later years, Frostbite did some juggling and some other bits with giant props...ie: A Giant Camera and Giagantic Razor that I built was a fun walk around.
Frostbite was not only Sad but rather perplexed and always Silent.
If my scanner worked, I'd have a picture up.

Anyway...just thought I'd put in my 2 cents.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Scruffy the Clown
View Profile
Loyal user
Coldwater,MI
233 Posts

Profile of Scruffy the Clown
Just checking in. I'm a clown too! Well; not really, but I play one in real life!
Chuck Lyons
View Profile
Loyal user
Channahon, IL
264 Posts

Profile of Chuck Lyons
Hey rob another clown that just joined the list. Chuckles the clown here from Chanahon, IL. A proud member COAI. I have been perorming and also lecturing for the past 34 years. Found the site while surfing and what a find . It is the best kept secret. I know jewls and how come you never told me? Well I look forward to sharing and learning.Thank you in advance.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Well, welcome to all of you. You'll find so much experience here, it's overwhelming. If I can be of any help, you have but to ask.
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Hello Chuckles!
So happy you found us at the Café! It's been a while since I have last seen you my friend or I would have mentioned the Café for sure.
I hope to see you at COAI 2005 in Grand Rapids MI.
I look forward to your posts.
Jewls
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Mommy!!! This thread is scaring me!!
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
You should seek the help of a professional.