The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Clowning around :: Clowning (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Red has always been a favorite of mine I have both his radio shows and TV shows.

I realize he did much more then that.

I am glad that he was able to fair the medium transition.

I also appreciate Tom Mullica for his rendition of Red. May the comedy never die.

My parents are Christian Clowns they mix both comedy with a serious segment in their show that uses the no float/float balloon routine. It is very powerful and dry eyes are few.

I also know of a silent hobo & Auguste team that the hobo does serious work and the Auguste does the schtick.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Quote:
On 2002-09-26 14:19, harris wrote:
Anyone out there go for any other emotion than laughter and comedy?

I didn't know there "were" other emotions.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
I love watching the old masters on tape and listening to their bits.

I am re-reading the Physical Comedy Handbook which has a lot of great ideas for one, two or three person bits.

Regarding Emotions Rob,

I loved your comment! It made me think.

Perhaps if we use the equation:

Comedy = Tragedy + Time

then all is indeed comedy.

When I worked as a counselor at Kansas's oldest Bed and Breakfast, (AKA Lansing Correctional Facility) I had a lot of fun during shows that a Deputy Warden was sitting in the audience.

I am grateful that he had a good sense of humor.

The director always introduced me as the Clown Prince of the Therapeutic Community, when tours came through. (It was a year long
cognitive change and drug treatment program.)

One great moment was when I had the men in the Max Yard playing an impromptu game of Harris Sez. (My Nearly Normal Version of Simon Sez)

Thanks to each and everyone of you.

We are all Bozo's on This Bus.

Harris
AKA, The Nearly Normal Clown Smile Smile
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC / NOVA
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
I'm not a real clown, I just play one on television. Smile
Seriously though, I am a clown supporter - our business will be showing at the Northwest Festival of the Clowns of America International during the weekend of October 3. That also happens to be my birthday. Instead of having clowns come to my party, I'm going to theirs! Weird...
We are going to be showing our line of promotional items and advertising specialities for clowns and other entertainers. If you happen to be one of the Joeys coming to Boise, Idaho, stop by our booth in the dealers' room - "Primo Ink."
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Speaking of past masters, I've been learning a bit lately about the "Bannana Man" ever heard of him?

Harris are you a E. Bergen fan? I always had a love for Mortimer Snerd, wish he have a longer segment on the radio program.

Take Care all,

R.Rex
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4860 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
The Banana Man was very popular on TV when I was a kid. I always remember him coming on stage in a clown car sort of (hard to remember that long ago) and constantly yelling out "BANANAS". With all the reruns on TV nowadays, it would be nice to see some clips of old shows and performers like this. Closest I've seen is partial clips of Ed Sullivan.

Dave
Where the magic begins
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
There are videos out there now with him on it. I've tracked a link if you want it.

I think they have the one with the Bannana man and Red Skeleton (first appearance of Bannana man I think on TV.) It was also with the "real" bannana man and not his replacement.
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Hi gang,

This is my first post here, as I just registered.

I too prefer to use magic as a part of my overall clown skills.Smile

I am a tramp clown (or happy hobo) and work in family or Church venues.

Nice to be here! Smile
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Welcome to our own little Magic Cafe Clown Alley.

No dues just smiles and laughter. Smile
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Guess you better put my name in the pot. I haven't done much clowning lately, but I am a professionally trained Clown. (not to be confused with a professional Clown, but I was "TRAINED" by professional clowns.) Since I have 4 children I have passed on to them the clowning techniques I have learned. My daughters (one at a time) and I are working on an act together, I am an Auguste named
Aballoonie and the daughter (which ever one
can do it at the time) is named Annabelle
together we call the act "Abe-N-Anna" for
short. (say it quick you'll get it.)

When I/we do go out now it's to the Hospital to do rounds as Dr I.B. Wacky and Dr. I. M. Uquack, or to Childrens Church as whatever we feel like.

I love clowning, and am trying to get back into it more, because my kids are becoming more interested in volunteer work, and I want to help.

Looks like we need our own section/pages here somewhere.

Thanks
Steve
zzz

After reading over my post, the last of it looked funny/strange. I meant it to say;
"Looks like We Clowns need our own section/pages here somewhere."
Anyway, Thanks for this thread.
Steve
zzz
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Wow! How our clown list grows! I thought this was our own section? Although there are so many great areas in this Magic Café, I find I can lose track of time! Smile
mr.t.ricks
View Profile
New user
CARDIFF SOUTH WALES
43 Posts

Profile of mr.t.ricks
Welcome to all the new clowns pro are at heart.
keep smiling
regards

mr.t.ricks
Smile Smile Smile
regards to all

MR.T.RICKS
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Yes our smiles are sincere even if they are painted on. Smile

Welcome to all!
Mr. Bunkley
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bunkley
Bill Irwin is one of the great contemporary clowns. He does "The Lean" and a bunch of other Physical Comedy stuff that is amazing. You may have seen him on the Cosby show where he "walked" downward in a dressing trunk. He also does great Hat manipulations, etc. . .I've got a video of his that I'm auctioning off on Ebay. Email me if you are interested. . .Or just do a search, I guess. But, I love the idea of Clowns for Adults (Red Skelton, etc. . .) NOT just kids.
whistle
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of whistle
Hi All!
Please count me in here. I've been in magic for many years and am a first of May clown, I'm a member of IBM, SAM, COAI, and TCA (Texas Clown Assoc.). Picture will come soon. I do an act as a cowboy clown/magician and strolling magic as a cowboy character or an Auguste. Now that the Christmas shows are over, I'm mainly doing children's hospital shows and fundraisers for the local animal shelter along with some of my friends who are magicians, clowns, and pupeteers..

It's very nice to have found all y'all. (that's plural for y'all). And... uh... this is my first post. Thanks.
Whistle
magiker
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
283 Posts

Profile of magiker
Count me in

For clowning it´s Hokus the magical clown

Smile Smile
Magiker

Believe in the possibility of the impossible
japanjazzy
View Profile
Regular user
Crestview, Florida
139 Posts

Profile of japanjazzy
Hello All,
Jazzy the clown here. I am currently working in Okinawa Japan. I work days for the Air Force but nights and weekends Jazzy is alive. I have had the chance to work in many countries since I deploy all over and Jazzy is always requested by my commander. It allows my unit and I to show other countries some of the good that the military can do. It is great to be able to put smiles on the faces in so many languages.
Jazzy
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Hi Whistle, Hocus & Jazzy,
I am happy to see our clown list growing! Now that we know we are here, can we share some of our funny magical experiences? I remember the time I set my strat o sphere cover down a little to hard and the ball fell early, yikes! I picked it up at the bottom and palmed the ball as I lifted and got away with it. I don't know why I set it down so hard, had never done that before in 10 years? I will never do it again LOL Smile
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Hi Guys, It's great to have you here with us. Smile
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Hi!
I was a clown in college. They taught a 4 credit course and we performed all over NH.
My name was Serendipity (DIP for short).
I had Pippi Longstocking braids that stuck way up.
I just clowned recently at a neighborhood party, but nothing like my clown troupe.
Might get into it again someday!

Ellen
harryandersonfan.com