The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPearing Soon... :: City Prediction by SOMA (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
SOMA
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of SOMA
Please email our lead developer, and he will release your ID. Peter Gyorkop: gyorkop@gmail.com

Although for the app to work you don't have to reinstall the app, since nothing has changed on the app side on your phone. Its already working!

Best,
Soma
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Effect had more mystique when the city was revealed in an app rather than in a browser.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I completely agree. I know this isn't the app developers fault but this is totally a step backwards.

There's a nice disconnect when you ask them to open their maps and they have NO idea you ever left. Was the main advantage I thought, which is why this was my go to.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
I see the app is no longer in the store. The new incarnation was terribly unreliable and a major step backward.
SOMA
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of SOMA
@Robvs

We took the app down from the app store temporarily to shoot new video instructions. We didn't want any new customers have trouble with their performance. It should be up again this week.

Regarding the update, this is mostly due to apple. They have made changes in iOS 9 that forced us to take this step. We tried to work around it other ways as well, but Apple left us only this solution.

You state the new version is 'terribly unreliable'. Please let us know what the issue is, and we will try our best to help you. Our lead developer is Peter Gyorkop, you can email him at gyorkop@gmail.com, and he will be most happy to help you.

Best,
Soma
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Nice one SOMA. That's a good customer service!
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2015, SOMA wrote:
@Robvs

We took the app down from the app store temporarily to shoot new video instructions. We didn't want any new customers have trouble with their performance. It should be up again this week.

Regarding the update, this is mostly due to apple. They have made changes in iOS 9 that forced us to take this step. We tried to work around it other ways as well, but Apple left us only this solution.

You state the new version is 'terribly unreliable'. Please let us know what the issue is, and we will try our best to help you. Our lead developer is Peter Gyorkop, you can email him at gyorkop@gmail.com, and he will be most happy to help you.

Best,
Soma

I think you've just acknowledged the problem as being that it will no longer function as originally advertised. Not that there's a blame game to be had, but that certainly affects the value of this effect. Pinning the city in a web browser is nowhere near as powerful as pinning it in a app. An app feels like a controled and regulated environment to the spectator and it amazed me as a performer. The web, however, can be unknown, limitless, and franky suspicious. Spectators don't even realize that a map application uses the web. They figure it's all GPS driven.

I'll hold off on contacting support until you re-release the aforementioned directions. Let's see if that's the issue. pfff
gyorkop
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of gyorkop
Dear Everyone,

I have good news: City Prediction 2.0 is finally available in the App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt......18452311

Please make sure that you've watched the video instructions before performing the trick.

Enjoy your performances with City Prediction.

Peter
Josh Clarke
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon, USA
68 Posts

Profile of Josh Clarke
Thanks for the update. Can we get support for the iPhone 6 screen size so everything doesn't look so large in the app?
Josh-Clarke.com : Voices is available now!
gyorkop
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of gyorkop
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2015, Josh Clarke wrote:
Thanks for the update. Can we get support for the iPhone 6 screen size so everything doesn't look so large in the app?

Sure, we are working on fixing it, but we kindly ask for your patience, the holiday season is busy for us too.

Peter
E.E.M
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of E.E.M
Hi guys,

I have just downloaded the app, and I have a few questions.

First of all, does it work on iPods?

Secondly, on the Ellusionist website it says it works with Apple Maps... Was that a mistake? Or is there a way to use Apple Maps for the effect?
Here is a link to that write-up: http://www.ellusionist.com/city-prediction-for-iphone.html

Thanks!
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3254 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2016, Zegel Magic wrote:
Hi guys,

Secondly, on the Ellusionist website it says it works with Apple Maps... Was that a mistake? Or is there a way to use Apple Maps for the effect?
Here is a link to that write-up: http://www.ellusionist.com/city-prediction-for-iphone.html

Thanks!

did you even take a peek at the directions? Everything you asked is there.If you just downloaded it, first step would be read the directions, then watch the videos. Once you have completed that, then you might have other questions. Reading this whole thread may help you too.
E.E.M
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of E.E.M
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2016, magicmind wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys,

Thanks!

did you even take a peek at the directions? Everything you asked is there.If you just downloaded it, first step would be read the directions, then watch the videos. Once you have completed that, then you might have other questions. Reading this whole thread may help you too.

Sorry if I'm missing something, but I did read the directions and I watched the video. As far as I noticed, iPods and Apple Maps were never mentioned.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but otherwise I would like to hear peoples thoughts on my question.

Thanks.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2016, Zegel Magic wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2016, magicmind wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys,

Thanks!

Sorry if I'm missing something, but I did read the directions and I watched the video. As far as I noticed, iPods and Apple Maps were never mentioned.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but otherwise I would like to hear peoples thoughts on my question.

Thanks.

Perhaps, E have to update the description on their site. Apple Maps used to works on this app-- only until the iOS9 update was out.
E.E.M
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of E.E.M
Thank you daniltan!

That answers my question!
Dra_cu_la_
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Dra_cu_la_
Could the developer change my ID's working principle to work with Baidu map.
In china ,we can not connect the google web and we all use baidu map: http://map.baidu.com/
E.E.M
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of E.E.M
Just thought I would let people know that City Prediction works on borrowed Kindles as well!
Josh Clarke
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon, USA
68 Posts

Profile of Josh Clarke
Just to let everyone know: there has been an update to City Prediction and now it looks correct on larger iPhone screens.
gyorkop
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of gyorkop
Josh,

You were faster than me Smile

Yes, Apple has just accepted our update with improved layout on larger iPhones and refined setup method. I hope you like it.

Peter
Josh Clarke
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon, USA
68 Posts

Profile of Josh Clarke
What is "refined setup method"?