The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: Looking out for my own. <3 (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
My Mom is having open-heart surgery tomorrow to have her aortic valve replaced. It's my Dad's 90 Birthday, too. Smile My mother embraces life like no one else I have known and she appreciates! She's been through a lot and is the strongest person I know, indeed. Thankyou for listening.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
All the best to your mom, Laurie. And happy birthday to your Dad too. Good thoughts and love from across the country to your whole family.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thankyou, John.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
We wish your mom well, and happy birthday to your dad.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3667 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Sending supportive thoughts to you and your family Laurie.

-Mary Mowder
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Good health to all Laurie.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Wishing you and your family well Laurie. Your Mom, being a 'positive and strong person'...certainly works in her favor.
Magic_son
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Magic_son
I wish the best for your parents!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
My best to both of your parents, Laurie, and to you, as well.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Enjoy your family now while you can. I lost my brother Friday.
Dennis Michael
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Laurie, I am praying for your Mom. Happy birthday to your Dad! My Dad died 4 months before his 90th. You are blessed to have both of your parents! Smile Keep in touch!

Doug
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I'm sorry for your loss, Dennis.

Saw Mom today and she's doing very well, they say. Was up walking- TWICE yesterday and TWICE today.

Mom was admitted Monday at the Ottawa Heart Institute and Tracey picked me up at Algonquin College campus on her way home. We managed to see Dad briefly Tuesday morning on our way back to Ottawa. Surgery went very well Tuesday and Tracey and I saw Mom for a few minutes in ICU about an hour post-op.

We were planning to see her and bring her glasses to her yesterday but the events in the downtown of Ottawa made it seem unsafe and the hospital wasn't sure if they'd be going into lockdown. All injured at the site had been brought to the Civic Hospital which is connected directly to the Heart Institute.

Tuesday we'd been there all day, and Wednesday we were afraid to go near the place.

I didn't think Mom would want us heading toward something like that instead of away from it. The college sent out an email telling people not to travel, but when the power went out I knew we weren't staying here when we have somewhere else to go. Tracey agreed. No one really knew what was going on. What do you do?

People take so much for granted.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
And I'm not sure what to say about it, but I think the standard responses are cliché and false, and we're hearing a lot of them. I'll say that much.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3667 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Glad you Mom is doing better Laurie.

I'm sure your Mom is glad she raised a sensible family that takes danger into account in their decisions.

Hopefully things will get much better now that she's getting a steady flow from the heart.

-Mary
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thankyou, Mary. I could see a distinct difference in her colour yesterday- lips and fingertips and nail beds a nice healthy pink- and I pointed that out to her. She agreed that's a change for the better, indeed.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Goods news, Laurie. Glad to hear that your mom is improving. I hope your city returns to sense of normalcy soon. I couldn't imagine such a thing happening in my town.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thankyou very much, Michael.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Laurie, wishing a prompt recovery for your Mom.
pablo
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thankyou very much, pablo.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Laurie,
I just saw this post so apologies for the delayed response. I'm happy to hear your mom is feeling better and Belated wishes to your dad. Bet you make both parents proud.
Take Care!