The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: The Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key (193 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..11~12~13 [Next]
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
423 Posts

Profile of minty
Thanks Reese. I hope we both receive our keys in the next week or so.

No, I don't post on here as anything other than Minty. As for Doppelgänger - now there's a great Prof BC effect!
Taveren001
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
174 Posts

Profile of Taveren001
I can tell you from personal experience that Dan has gone overboard with customer service emailing me to ensure that my Abberline's Repository arrived safely, and also filmed a video detailing it's construction for me whist I was awaiting it' arrival. I have asked for advice, and he freely gave of his time to answer the question and offer suggestions as well. He might be a "dark" man, but a good and honest one. I have no problem ordering from Lebanon Circle sight unseen. I would ask to just give him your benefit of the doubt and allow him to show you himself his integrity in his products and services. Also remember that he is a one man operation and then look at how busy your life is, and that Halloween is a very busy time. And remember, a great product is well worth the wait for delivery.

PS: Just my two cents. Please give it the weight you feel it deserves and no more. Thanks.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
909 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Hi all

Just to confirm, yes I am away until Monday however, all UK/EU orders can't be shipped until the shipment arrives from the US. Thanks for all of the supportive comments and Reese, all you need to do is drop me an e-mail and I will reply.

The effect was only officially released on the 16th so patience please people.

Darkly

Dan
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1633 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Enjoy your time Dan you deserve it.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
909 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Thanks! I don't go away very often, admittedly Halloween may not be the best time but when back next week life will return to normal (for me anyway) and orders will be flying out immediately....
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1633 Posts

Profile of Darkness
So my key arrived today.

I have to say, I love the feel in my hand. The key turns on a dime, it worked every time without effort. I am sure it will turn no problem in a specs hand, nice and slow.
It looks beautiful when it turns, truly amazing, nice weight. The age is perfect. Haunted Inns or Cemetery Gate? It's nice to have two great keys now.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Additional note to Reese and others still waiting: Late delivery outside of the Americas is entirely my fault occasioned by some bumpy timing. I asked Dan to release the key in mid-October not realizing that he had a commitment to travel beginning only a day after the requested date. As such, I completed all of the keys and prepared to post Dan his supply when he wrote and asked me to hold that shipment to him as he would not be in the shop to receive it until November 3. he asked me to post it around October 28 to ensure he would be home to take delivery.

Unhappily, he didn't realize that I had a week-long contract from October 24 to November 2. As such, I was only able to ship Dan's supply to him on Monday, November 3. It usually takes 8 days for shipments to reach him, so we are looking at Nov. 11 (earliest) before Dan receives his stock and can begin fulfilling orders outside of the Americas.

My original thinking was that I would be able to fulfill all orders in the Americas before I had to leave on Oct. 24 (and I have done that, BTW) while Dan would receive his stock around that same time and begin fulfilling orders outside of the Americas with no delay perceived.

I apologize sincerely for the muddle. Had I only first ascertained that Dan would be unavailable for the full week before I became unavailable, I would have held release until this week when we would both be ready to fulfill orders rapidly.

The keys are all ready. The only delay is on account of my own bad timing, for which I again truly apologize. Please, I beg you, do not paint Dan's first-class service with the tar of my own poor timing.

nb: All orders from the Americas continue to be shipped immediately as I receive those orders from Dan.

Prof BC
Phasmologist
vianns
View Profile
Regular user
France - Paris
134 Posts

Profile of vianns
Okay, thanks for the news ! Smile
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1633 Posts

Profile of Darkness
I'm sure people do not hold it against anyone that they went on vacation. They were just not aware. Auto reply on email may be a good working solution in the future?

Availability is always a problem with a one man business so to speak, I used to have the same problem. Everyone has a life and that's totally understandable.

People will be more than happy when they receive their keys. Just think when there was no email, internet, texting and voice mail. Ah...the good old days....
theghostcompany
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
82 Posts

Profile of theghostcompany
Am I the only one who is slightly puzzled by what Dan and the Professor write? These people claim to be able to read minds, to sense the supernatural, even be in touch with the deceased and their messages - yet they did not anticipate each other's unavailability?

This casts serious doubts on their powers...

:P
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
An Englishman and an American - two men separated by a common language
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1633 Posts

Profile of Darkness
I guess the same reason we could not anticipate Smile
Ha winks good one.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2014, theghostcompany wrote:
Am I the only one who is slightly puzzled by what Dan and the Professor write? These people claim to be able to read minds, to sense the supernatural, even be in touch with the deceased and their messages - yet they did not anticipate each other's unavailability?

This casts serious doubts on their powers...

:P

Nonsense! Dan isn't dead, so I cannot contact him through my usual media, and I'm not interesting enough for Dan to mind read without nodding off.

Winks, we haven't any trouble understanding each other (far from it! I grew up in London)--reaching each other, however, is quite another story (see above).

Best,
BC
Phasmologist
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
675 Posts

Profile of Bedford
If I order this here in the States, will it ship from the States, or will it have to come across the pond?
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
All US, Canadian, Central and South American orders ship from my address in the USA and are shipping out immediately right now (another set of orders went into the post just this morning). [To Savannah, it would be coming to you straight down I-75 and across I-16.]

All non-Americas orders ship from Dan's London address, and his stock should arrive around Tuesday and begin shipping immediately after that.

BC
Phasmologist
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
675 Posts

Profile of Bedford
Thanks Prof!
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
909 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Thanks BC, I've also sent a shipping update out to all current outstanding LC orders with timescales etc.

If you've not already signed up to the newsletter now might be the time, I some exciting news next week!
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
423 Posts

Profile of minty
Brlliant! I've just run through Prof BC's "Through The Looking Glass" Realm-of-Faerie routine. Wonderful and, for me at least, a fresh take on Haunted Key effects. Perfect for family-orientated performances.

Steve Drury's "13 Miller's Court" routine (also included in the Performance Manual) is another fabulous routine I'll be adding to my repertoire (once I've saved up a few pennies). The handling subtleties have been really well thought out.

"The Devil's Disciple", a darker routine, also appeals.

Yes, the key is great. It looks like a genuine antique, rather than an aged modern key. But the Performance Manual is where much of the value lies for me, and is worth so much more than your usual Haunted Key instructions.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2020 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
B.C.

Thanks for your great line: "'I'm not interesting enough for Dan to mind read without nodding off."

George
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2014, minty wrote:
Brlliant! I've just run through Prof BC's "Through The Looking Glass" Realm-of-Faerie routine. Wonderful and, for me at least, a fresh take on Haunted Key effects. Perfect for family-orientated performances.

Steve Drury's "13 Miller's Court" routine (also included in the Performance Manual) is another fabulous routine I'll be adding to my repertoire (once I've saved up a few pennies). The handling subtleties have been really well thought out.

"The Devil's Disciple", a darker routine, also appeals.

Yes, the keys are great. They look like genuine antiques, rather than aged modern keys. But the Performance Manual is where much of the value lies for me, and is worth so much more than your usual Haunted Key instructions.

Brief correction: '13 Miller's Court' is also my routine. I published it originally in Steve's book, which is where the confusion probably stems. Thanks sincerely for the kind words.

Best,
BC
Phasmologist