The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: The Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key (193 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13 [Next]
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
The RCGK is simply fabulous. You can see it in action here:

https://youtu.be/C5AN6wkyPkY

Cheers

Todd
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Todd:
Terrific video. What fun!

Everyone:
For those who own the RCGK, I have a method that I have employed for several years to make it turn over when nobody is around--as the key sits on the table. If you would like to have this method, PM me (here) with the following:

1. Your email address
2. The name of the first routine found in your RCGK manual (beside the picture of Houdini)

I will email you the short pdf description of 'The Ghostly Turn' effect, which can be done only with the RCGK. Please do not request this if you do not own the prop as it will do you no good with other keys.

BC
Phasmologist
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
454 Posts

Profile of scolman
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2021, DrTodd wrote:
The RCGK is simply fabulous. You can see it in action here:

https://youtu.be/C5AN6wkyPkY

Cheers

Todd

This is a wonderful performance Todd. Thank you for sharing.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1633 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Thank you Prof your idea is great and very usable.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Thank you very much Prof BC, Scolman, and Darkness! It all makes sense. The key is a good lead into the room selection.

Best wishes

Todd
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1633 Posts

Profile of Darkness
BTW DrTodd nice scripting and delivery of your performance.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
Daisydog
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
Dr Todds routine at Doomsday a few years ago is still one of the most entertaining shows that I have ever seen. A brilliant story teller.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Thank you very much. Treading the boards again next week

https://www.todd-landman.com/events/the-......history/

Best wishes

Dr Todd
Satire
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Satire
I've been delighted with this, and it's eerie fun to watch it in my own hands. I haven't had a lot of luck getting it to work in a spectator's hands, though: anyone have any tips or patter that's worked for you?
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3830 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2021, Satire wrote:
I've been delighted with this, and it's eerie fun to watch it in my own hands. I haven't had a lot of luck getting it to work in a spectator's hands, though: anyone have any tips or patter that's worked for you?

I never do spectators hand. I see no value in it.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Payvand Reed
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Payvand Reed
The key is back in stock at Lebanon Circle today!
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2021, Satire wrote:

Rewatch Dr Todd's performance. It's really more about confidence than technique.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3830 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
When using this, just don't forget that if you have a resurrection for more then 4 hours you need to call the doctor.
Payvand Reed
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Payvand Reed
Has anyone ever used a switch box or similar device with this effect? If so, which one?
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
846 Posts

Profile of roblane
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2022, Payvand Reed wrote:
Has anyone ever used a switch box or similar device with this effect? If so, which one?

That’s a great idea ( can’t believe it never occurred to me!)
So no, but I reckon Dan’s‘switch witch would suit
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Payvand Reed
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Payvand Reed
Yes, I’ve got the Switch Witch. I could try that. The object might be a tad bit heavy and noisy, though, for the Switch Witch. I was thinking maybe of something smaller that could I could use as the box or package for the key. In fact, I wish the box it came in were created Himber-style. I don’t know if something like the TBC Box 2.0 might work, but since I don’t have one of those …
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3830 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Guess I am a little behind on this effect. I have used it for a long time and never saw a need for a switch box. Are you using it to make up for lack of ability to make a pocket or hand switch or for some other reason? You may need to go to the crypt for this discussion, so I will wait for you there.
Payvand Reed
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Payvand Reed
Partially. I always find pocket and hand switches awkward. Maybe that’s just me. Others may be more proficient at them. They’re just not my forte perhaps, or maybe I just don’t particularly like doing them and don’t find the time it takes to practice them particularly enjoyable. In any case, I do other types of switches all the time using devices, and they tend to suit my style and technique better. I was just wondering whether anyone had any experience using one for a haunted key switch. That’s all. I may just build something simple to do what I need if I can’t find anything that seems right.
fowill
View Profile
New user
Chile
30 Posts

Profile of fowill
Thank you Prof BC, I'll write immediately! The RCGK works like a charm Smile
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3830 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2022, Payvand Reed wrote:
Partially. I always find pocket and hand switches awkward. Maybe that’s just me. Others may be more proficient at them. They’re just not my forte perhaps, or maybe I just don’t particularly like doing them and don’t find the time it takes to practice them particularly enjoyable. In any case, I do other types of switches all the time using devices, and they tend to suit my style and technique better. I was just wondering whether anyone had any experience using one for a haunted key switch. That’s all. I may just build something simple to do what I need if I can’t find anything that seems right.

To be honest, I've never actually made a switch with the key. My problem is trying to develop a story for why I must do so. There is not really anything to find if you had it out, which I never do. I can understand why some do though. Thanks for the explanation. Let me know what you decide on.