The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: The Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key (193 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
627 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Sorry Alan, I’ll be taking mine to the grave with me....and I’m not kidding. When Lebanon Circle is back up and running I’m sure that Dan will have them available again.

I’ve never experienced second half flop with my RCGK (or anything else to be honest) It turns perfectly smoothly the whole way through. Prof B.C. designed it that way.

The late Raymond Carlyle had a great teaching video available for any haunted key but sadly his website seems to have gone now. You could try using Wayback Machine to find it.

I combined the Carlyle method with the RCGK I still freak myself out and start giggling when practicing it sometimes. I can get it to turn on the specs hands so well that I have to be ready to catch it when they drop it. And as Seth says the real sucker punch is that when you don’t want it to turn there is absolutely no chance that it will.
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
The website is still live.
Someone else has taken over.
Try this link for the contact info.
https://www.carlyletouch.com/Contact_Carlyle.html.html
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
627 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Thanks Evil Dan
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of webtech
I got my RCGK last week and enjoy watching it turn in my hand. Can't wait to have a spec try it out. I am going to perform this on Halloween for a small party I am having for a few friends. I have a very spooky story and will use the Houdini version. Where the key will only turn when you are alone. So when someone volunteers you walk them back a few steps and turn them around facing away from the rest. Then once again when the key is placed on the table I am going to have the key go back into the box by itself. Hands are shown. Stepping away from the table and then this will happen. This is just a concept and not an actual performance so please excuse the quality. I'll film a proper video soon...
https://youtu.be/AJtbT1oEq00
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
That looks great webtech! Very abrupt and almost violent, like the key should never have been out of the box in the first place.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
627 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
That's a lovely action webtech, especially the slight spin that it does.
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of webtech
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2020, Bogbadger wrote:

I think so too. Should be a good finisher for the end of the performance to add that extra scare.
Smile
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of webtech
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2020, Bogbadger wrote:

Thanks. Totally by accident but it can be repeated that way.
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of webtech
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2020, Wizard of Oz wrote:
That looks great webtech! Very abrupt and almost violent, like the key should never have been out of the box in the first place.

Thanks. I agree. I wanted to make it look that way. So that seems like the way to go with it. Should be a good scare at the end.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Very fine, webtech. Nice thinking. Have a good performance this Hallowe'en and enjoy!

BC
Phasmologist
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of webtech
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2020, PROF BC wrote:
Very fine, webtech. Nice thinking. Have a good performance this Hallowe'en and enjoy!

BC

Thank you Prof BC. I love this RCGK. I have so many ideas going through my mind to do with key. Sending you a PM.
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
588 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Webtech that looks awesome! Perfect ending for a spooky Halloween effect!
Now if I could just figure out how you did it! Smile
LOL j/k
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1335 Posts

Profile of reese
Pretty cool. I don't know if it's your method but I have one for it. Do I have your blessing to use it? (I'm at the point in most performances of Bizarre Magick that "Less is More" = Boring. "More is More" = Entertainment ) There are exceptions of course. Just my own opinion. More is better if you want 2 g.t.f.m.
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
588 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
I love the mantra "more is more."

I don't consider webtech's bit so much "more" as it is the perfect "finale."

;)
Satire
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Satire
Is LebanonCircle still the best spot to get one of these in the US? It looks like they've got a lead time that would put it out past Halloween.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
627 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2021, Satire wrote:
Is LebanonCircle still the best spot to get one of these in the US? It looks like they've got a lead time that would put it out past Halloween.

Hi Satire, unless you can find one second hand (I’ll keep my ear to the ground for you) then Dan is your man. He is incredibly busy at the moment but his workshop is like a well oiled machine. It’s worth dropping him an e-mail via his website. It looks like it’s in stock so the lead time might not apply (he builds a lot to order) Give him a shout, he’s a gentleman and his customer service is second to none. But if you do have to wait then it’s absolutely worth it!

But please do remember, a resurrection cemetery gate key is for life (and the afterlife) not just for Samhain! (You’ll be using it at summer picnics in the graveyard too!)
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
I like this forum. Someone once told me "bizarre" magic has to be about Lovecraft, but I don't think that's true. Anyway...I like old keys as well.
Satire
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Satire
Thanks for the help, folks. Dan was able to confirm he can ship it out expediently, so I've placed an order. Just got the performance manual and it looks like there's a lot of fun stuff in there. Can't wait for it to arrive.

This forum is pretty great: I got both a good next step (reaching out to Dan), and another forum member even reached out to offer me one of theirs if I couldn't get it in time. Good people here.
fowill
View Profile
New user
Chile
30 Posts

Profile of fowill
I own several keys but the RCGK is for a lifetime, beautifully crafted and aged, good weight, and works smoothly. And if you add the various ideas and routines from the manual, you know you have paid for a top effect, from some really brilliant minds and creators (like Dan and Prof. BC). I've just acquired different effects from LC for my Holloween seance and they are all top-notch. You'll also find some pretty cool ideas in the Mystic Menagerie, some of them that you can build yourself.
Doc Ben
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
261 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
The RCGK and Carlyle's large key are the best I have ever found and used of several over many years.
Both have such perfect, precise and sloooow spooky movement, no "flopping"!
The RCGK of course has the advantage of an apparent"examinable"option and the manual with it has the usual great routine ideas and tips by Prof BC
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" (the original F. Baum)